CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Dr. Birx can get fucked too.

Her silence and her interviews which give Trump cover is medical malpractice.

She’s complicit in giving these nonsense stream of consciousness ramblings a thin veneer of medical credibility.

Fuck her and her beehive and her stupid scarves.

Preach!
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

That kind of willful ignorance is exactly why I don’t trust the anecdotal evidence about “sane Republicans”.

Surly is a not a representative sample. It’s a statistical error to assume the “Republicans” here reflect the broader population. There are plenty of Republicans IRL who don’t spend their days and nights digging their into internet debate positions or trolling for shits and giggles.  

And also, don’t confuse “Republican” with “Trumpist.” Because there are a number of posters here who I believe still consider themselves Republican or conservative (or did until very recently) who find Trump abhorrent.  

I’m not among them and I look forward to the days when I can once again spend my time here informing them about how stupid and selfish their policies are.  But for now, they’re on our side.  You just may not realize they were ever not on our side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I am actually surprised that there has not been a total societal breakdown yet.  I had 72 hours pegged at the breakdown point but we have down well so far. Of course power grid and grocery stores online still. 

Nice edit to your avatar; and you still let us see both sides of Jimi's mouth.

I Keed, I keed!

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Any of y’all know this jackwagon?

Yeah.  He signed my checks for four years.  Dude would piss his pants complaining about Obama stealing his money at every quarterly associates meeting.  He also spent years fighting a water pipeline that was supposed to go through his land in Athens.  His current wife was on Braemar's Board for a few months back in 2017.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article152686639.html

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Good luck. 

@immamac did you tell the noob what is required of us to post in here?

Are we  going to get in trouble for wishing that someone that might have a dose of Lysol or bleach? Because that's been enough for a timeout in times past.

In DT, you are way more likely to get banned for telling someone that Trump is a dumbass and they shouldn't drink bleach just because he told them to. That's why DT is pretty much only bleach drinkers now.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I heard that most people were socially distancing about 3 weeks before it was put in as a policy.

You guys started socially distancing when NY did. For those of us in NY, it was too late, but for the rest of the country it was right on time. Don't fuck it up.  This shit is bad.  You really don't want it to explode in your town. 

I have a lot of friends that have had it to varying degrees, including hospitalizations.  One of my best friends was in the hospital with it even and it seemed touch and go. Luckily, recovering now and never got to the ICU level.  But, to tell her account, one day, you feel kind of very bad but regular sick, the next, out of nowhere you are gasping for breath and collapse on the floor.  Then later, it seems to relent a little bit. Then it comes back hardcore.  Now, a month later and even recovered, she still has bad fatigue, which is again off and on. 

Nobody knows the long term effects of it either. 

I suppose I'm also lucky that the deaths I know are 2 degrees of separation so far, but I know 17 at 2 degrees, and these are family and friends of my friends and colleagues.  2 people in my building have died from it too. I didn't know them.

At the same time, I understand how odd it must feel to shelter in place in a place where you don't know anyone that has ever caught it, and maybe nobody actually has. However, you are doing the right thing. The shutdown is still surreal to me too. And I am right in the middle of it. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 9

Listening to the disinfectant part several times, I'm sure he says, "I said..." that they should look into using light and disinfectant. He is looking to take credit for supervising the scientists if they find a cure. He even makes a show of directing them from the podium.

The Trump presidency has accustomed us to absoloute lunacy. President Trump, Provider of Bullets, Greatest Strategic Mind, Curer of Diseases, Builder of the Greatest Economy Ever, Mother of Dragons.

• Like 1

They don’t fuck around in DT. I’m still banned and require moderator approval for ALL posts. If this is just an attempt to get rid of me from the site then it’s working because I’ve been coming here less and less.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

You guys started socially distancing when NY did. For those of us in NY, it was too late, but for the rest of the country it was right on time. Don't fuck it up.  This shit is bad.  You really don't want it to explode in your town. 

I have a lot of friends that have had it to varying degrees, including hospitalizations.  One of my best friends was in the hospital with it even and it seemed touch and go. Luckily, recovering now and never got to the ICU level.  But, to tell her account, one day, you feel kind of very bad but regular sick, the next, out of nowhere you are gasping for breath and collapse on the floor.  Then later, it seems to relent a little bit. Then it comes back hardcore.  Now, a month later and even recovered, she still has bad fatigue, which is again off and on. 

Nobody knows the long term effects of it either. 

I suppose I'm also lucky that the deaths I know are 2 degrees of separation so far, but I know 17 at 2 degrees, and these are family and friends of my friends and colleagues.  2 people in my building have died from it too. I didn't know them.

A little over 2 weeks ago a co-worker got sick and is still sick. He's gonna get his test results back tomorrow (If I remember right), and apparently his girlfriend is getting sick as well.

Someone called OSHA on work about a month ago about how it wasn't doing any enforcement on social distancing practices, and now we have someone spraying bleach in the bathrooms and break area.

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

@Bama Chick challenged us to go post in there what we posted here. I think I posted something about the dismantling of the pandemic response unit. It got a response only in terms of rep. After a solid dozen hits I think I ended up with a negative 2. 

They don't want to hear it. Facts be damned. 

It's no use. Denial is the ultimate Trump card. And once you start living the unreality, you rarely go back. Fragile egos attracted to Trump bravado are unable to admit their own failings. He must be right because they must be right. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Trump throws a Republican governor under the bus.  Let's see how long the Republican party can withstand this kind of direct assault from the President:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/politics/brian-kemp-donald-trump-coronavirus/index.html

When you're kissing Trump's ass expect to get sharted on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Do you still live in the PNW? It was a little surreal when it hit Washington. I felt like I was back in Denton when Ebola was a 30 minute drive from me.

Yup. One of the students I work with lost their grandparent to this... They were one of the deaths at that assisted living community that was an early epicenter. 'Bout 4 miles from my home. 

Morning Joe opened with a montage of alternating video clips showing Dr. Nick from The Simpsons followed by Dr. Donald Trump at the podium yesterday.  Dr. Nick actually made more sense.  Gotta go now, I'm headed out to get some body light treatment and Lysol infusion.  I prefer the white linen serum meself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pasken said:

They don’t fuck around in DT. I’m still banned and require moderator approval for ALL posts. If this is just an attempt to get rid of me from the site then it’s working because I’ve been coming here less and less.

Must protect the snowflakes.  They're delicate little shit flowers. 

6 hours ago, Pasken said:

Goddamn, fucking same. It's like this site is ran by aggy or something. I ended my treefiddy, it'll be more useful just giving it to the loch mess monster. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Deep state fake news hoax. It says it kills Coronavirus right on the label! I'm not a doctor, but try it! What have you got to lose?

ER-HxllXsAA7I8y.jpg

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1