CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Allow me to retort:

The American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical society and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

https://www.aaem.org/resources/statements/joint-endorsed/physician-misinformation

I imagine they are the type of owners that don't actually do any work at all with the public. 

If I was drafting a reopening bill, if they want to open, I'd require business owners or CEOs to work the position at their company that requires the most exposure for a period of 2 months.  So these urgent care owners can man reception if they arent qualified medical professionals. The CEO of the Gap will have to man a retail sales floor. Etc.

They basically want to throw other people into the fire to save their necks. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Good news. 

The failure to properly account for false positives has caused unjustified optimism on one side of the social distancing debate (see the antibody studies) and unjustified fear on the other side (see the reinfection reports). 

Edited by BrickHorn

7 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

This is some good news.  So how can Trump delay this, buy into the company that has this drug and make some money on the side with this information?  Also, help his buddies make some money.  That is what a pandemic is really about.  How do you make the most money off the suffering of others, right?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-letterman-mike-pence-not-wearing-mask-at-mayo-clinic-1292378

David Letterman on Wednesday told Howard Stern he was disgusted to see Vice President Mike Pence touring the Mayo Clinic without a mask. 

The SiriusXM host said he knew some listeners did not like to hear him talk about politics, but he is so upset by the way Donald Trump's White House has handled the novel coronavirus pandemic response, it was unavoidable. 

The former Late Show host told Stern that Pence's move to not wear a mask at the Mayo Clinic on Tuesday was "particularly a thorn in my side" because he used to be the governor of Indiana, Letterman's home state.

Letterman, who noted the wife of his former musical director Paul Shaffer was hospitalized with COVID-19, lambasted Pence for the move. 

"Now if you go to the Mayo Clinic because you have COVID-19, you really have it," Letterman said. "[Pence] takes time off from his gig as a mannequin, and he's walking around without a mask taunting these poor people who are bedridden and wearing a mask. To me, that is just taunting people who are ill, to see that guy walking around in his $40 suit walking around in the Mayo Clinic without a mask."

Letterman joked that he had intel that Trump would not wear a mask because his aides couldn't figure out how to attach it to his hair.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Had Covid been designed in the football offices of Belmont, the sight of that emblem would kill it about 80% of the time. 

God damn them.

I know it is supposed to be a wildcat, but if you rotate it counterclockwise, it kind of looks like a smiling gorilla.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

goddamn if i'm not tempted

Do it now and save $25 off the regular price!!!! It's the RONCO BLOWOUT SALE in the Whitehouse Gift Shop.

vinceoffer-slapchop.jpg

We'll throw in a commemorative President Trump Bone Saw celebrating our great deal with Saudi Arabia for only $175. That's a $200 regular price slashed and dismembered all the way down to $175! Reassembly Required.

37 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

As plausible as it is, I don't believe that is the actual white house online gift store.  Great idea.  Wish I would have thought of it.  Gimme some rube money.

31 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Given that they misspelled the so-called Secretary of the Treasury's name, I absolutely believe it's real.

@lemonlime is correct I believe. Here is the website:

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/category-s/2434.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=2434&show=15&page=2

and here is some more text (sorry but I did not switch it to plain text this time as I wasn't sure it would transfer)

Spoiler
The White House Gift Shop, Est. 1946®

GUARANTEED LIMITED TO 1,000 EDGE NUMBERED WITH COA

Pre-Order Special Price!

100% of Profit Donated to Five Major COVID-19 Research Hospitals

The 11th Coin in the Globally Recognized

White House Gift Shop, Est. 1946®

Historic Moments Coin Collection

Giannini Series Limited First Edition

Hand Signed Parchment Certificate of Recognition by Giannini

for Your Service (if applicable) During COVID-19

HONORS THE GLOBAL FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19
THE UNSEEN ENEMY

LIMITED EDITION COIN COINS

Numbered on Coin Edge with Certificate of Authenticity

INCLUDES CUSTOM WHITE HOUSE BLACK VELVET COIN CASE
AND
2-PIECE WHITE HOUSE GIFT SHOP OUTER GIFT PRESENTATION BOX

OTHER COINS IN THE HISTORIC MOMENT ART SERIES INCLUDE

Number 1, 2, 3: KOREA PEACE TALKS & SUMMIT IN SINGAPORE COINS IN SEQUENTIAL SERIES

Number 4: THE UNITED STATES SPACE FORCE

Number 5: PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP SUMMIT WITH RUSSIA'S PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN

Number 6: Christmas Greetings from the White House of President Donald J. Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, Vice-President Michael R. Pence, Second Lady Karen Pence in the Most Intricate & Elegant Design in the Entire Collections of The White House Gift Shop

Number 7: Title: GENIUS MAKES ITS OWN RULES with a Monograph "President Donald J. Trump: A Study in Genius"

Number 8: Genius Makes Its Own Rules

Number 9: The New Air Force One Coin, Pre-Order for January 1, 2019 Release

Number 10: Armistice: President Donald J. Trump in France on the 100th Anniversary of the End of World War I

For one hundred dollars you can get a commemorative coin that "celebrates historic moments in the Supreme Court, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh"

I almost forgot, Genius Makes Its Own Rules?

Really? A Coin for "A Study in Genius?"  That's not a fascist ruler there. Not at all.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
addition

49 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

As plausible as it is, I don't believe that is the actual white house online gift store.  Great idea.  Wish I would have thought of it.  Gimme some rube money.

Sadly, it is.

It's also selling Obama stuff as well, and on the about us page, there's plenty of crap legitimizing the endeavor.  Finally, there's a usa.gov logo on the bottom of the page.  

Click on the spoiler in my post just below Brisket's above.

I'm going to argue that having coins #7 AND #8 be named Genius Makes Its Own Rules (in the Historic Moment Art Series) is a pretty high bar for worst political hack collectible coin. But then again, I am not a numismatic.

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Given that they misspelled the so-called Secretary of the Treasury's name, I absolutely believe it's real.

I read his name in the old Chicago "Buuulls" PA's voice and realized something may be rotten in Denmark.  Which is what we called the neighborhood around the United Center growing up.

Also, when that guy asked the President in the clip about "How you can say it will be eradicated without a vaccine?"  The President effectively replies, "Because we'll get rid of it, it'll be gone."  That's his explanation?  You can get eradicate a virus, with no vaccine, by "getting rid of it."  

Well shit, I had no idea.  You can just "get rid of a virus" by Executive Order.  holy fucking shit folks.../ballgame  

I'm votin' for the sumbitch now!  

Edited by Lobo