CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Nah, it’s the flu. Rush out and get it!

Also, I’m very intrigued to see the red county vs. blue county stats when this is all done. 

I see ICU delirium every shift. It happens frequently even in non-intubated un-sedated patients of all ages. If you're in the ICU, chances are it's because you need close monitoring and 24 hour care. That means very little sleep. What sleep you do get will be frequently interrupted by myriad strange noises, none of which mean anything to you but sound frightening nevertheless. Time becomes completely meaningless to you, no matter how often your nurses and doctors reorient you.

All of a sudden, the textured ceiling morphs into spiders before your eyes, and you yank out your Foley catheter (balloon still inflated, boys) because it's actually a snake that has slithered its way up your urethra. An IV or two may get pulled out, and that IV may have critical drugs running into your veins for ~important reasons.

Then you get tied down. Sedated. The delirium gets worse, but it's what we have to do to be able to treat your primary injury/condition safely. Even then, you fight, maybe take a swing or two at me (I've even been kicked in the back of the neck by a lady who was restrained while DTing) when your restraints are loosened. Welp, they're a lot tighter now! I hope you enjoy having to sit in your shit until I have time to clean you up.

Basically, don't do anything stupid to land yourself in the ICU. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but you stand a much better chance of never having to darken my doorstep if you just avoid being dumb.

• Like 8

“We are the last major domestic mask company,” he wrote on Jan. 23. “My phones are ringing now, so I don’t ‘need’ government business. I’m just letting you know that I can help you preserve our infrastructure if things ever get really bad. I’m a patriot first, businessman second.”

In the end, the government did not take Bowen up on his offer. Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant.

---

On April 7, FEMA awarded Prestige a $9.5 million contract to provide a million N95 masks a month for one year, an order the company could fulfill without activating its dormant manufacturing lines. For the masks, Prestige charged the government 79 cents a piece.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/in-the-early-days-of-the-pandemic-the-us-government-turned-down-an-offer-to-manufacture-millions-of-n95-masks-in-america/2020/05/09/f76a821e-908a-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html

I know exactly where this place sits, right off of Rufe Snow and Mid Cities. 79 cents each. What a fucking mess.

Edited by cactusflinthead

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

I see ICU delirium every shift. It happens frequently even in non-intubated un-sedated patients of all ages. If you're in the ICU, chances are it's because you need close monitoring and 24 hour care. That means very little sleep. What sleep you do get will be frequently interrupted by myriad strange noises, none of which mean anything to you but sound frightening nevertheless. Time becomes completely meaningless to you, no matter how often your nurses and doctors reorient you.

All of a sudden, the textured ceiling morphs into spiders before your eyes, and you yank out your Foley catheter (balloon still inflated, boys) because it's actually a snake that has slithered its way up your urethra. An IV or two may get pulled out, and that IV may have critical drugs running into your veins for ~important reasons.

Then you get tied down. Sedated. The delirium gets worse, but it's what we have to do to be able to treat your primary injury/condition safely. Even then, you fight, maybe take a swing or two at me (I've even been kicked in the back of the neck by a lady who was restrained while DTing) when your restraints are loosened. Welp, they're a lot tighter now! I hope you enjoy having to sit in your shit until I have time to clean you up.

Basically, don't do anything stupid to land yourself in the ICU. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but you stand a much better chance of never having to darken my doorstep if you just avoid being dumb.

My dad spent a few weeks in the ICU about 10 years ago.  He thought ninjas were attacking him one night.  When I showed up very early in the morning to visit him his room looked like a crime scene.  You could’ve taught CSI recruits about blood splatter by showing them the walls in his room.  Bless you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

While I am not encouraging the president to go out and be frivolous during this crisis, I would pay good money to watch his flabby ass ride a jet ski.

My first thought was that you would have a difficult time finding a life jacket that would fit him.  My second thought was that he would never wear a relatively simple device designed to save his life.

15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

My first thought was that you would have a difficult time finding a life jacket that would fit him.  My second thought was that he would never wear a relatively simple device designed to save his life.

you think his current hair is a bad look, imagine his current hair wet after the jetski dumped him

I’d say Western Civilization had a good run but much of it was war and human suffering so maybe not all that great.

So the narrative is that it's just the flu, not that serious, we need to open up, and it's being used for population control?

Imagine hearing that and thinking it makes sense.

46 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

So the narrative is that it's just the flu, not that serious, we need to open up, and it's being used for population control?

Imagine hearing that and thinking it makes sense.

I’m getting the vibe that we’re going to open up everything, then the government is going to be blindsided that a second wave is gonna hit. Then they’ll blame China for allowing the wet markets to be open, causing the virus to mutate, and now everyone is in danger so the election has to be postponed. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’m getting the vibe that we’re going to open up everything, then the government is going to be blindsided that a second wave is gonna hit. Then they’ll blame China for allowing the wet markets to be open, causing the virus to mutate, and now everyone is in danger so the election has to be postponed. 

Deliberate mismanagement to create utterly unparalleled chaos in order to ultimately torpedo the election has begun to seem more obvious with each passing day lately. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’m getting the vibe that we’re going to open up everything, then the government is going to be blindsided that a second wave is gonna hit.

not sure we should be calling it a 2nd wave when the first wave is still crashing into the beaches. 

• Like 4

On 4/27/2020 at 8:57 PM, cactusflinthead said:

Are you trying to get the entire evangelical community on full alert? Because if you want to get them fully engaged that's a sure fire way of doing it. 

Yeah, a chip in the forehead or the forearm.  

Just don't even go there. 

Is this a bit? Are you trolling me? 

Sure, I am going out of my way to "fabricate" what has been discussed as possible, in science decades ago:

Clubbers choose chip implants to jump queues | New Scientist

May 21, 2004 - ... a Spanish nightclub are using under-the-skin RFID tags to get in and pay for ... Clubbers in Spain are choosing to receive a microchip implant ...

Chip-and-skin: Implantable RFID gives payments its Matrix ...
www.paymentssource.com › news › chip-and-skin-impl...

Mar 27, 2018 - The chip allows company employees to make purchases in their own break room micro market, as well as open doors, log into computers and make copies. Three Square Market publicly stated that it envisioned the technology as another payment and identification option that could help grow its self-checkout business.

Note, nowhere did I mention anything pertaining to religion dude, this is what's transpiring now, not the ol' book...

Just as the U.S. Department of Agriculture mandates Radio Frequency Identification Device chips to monitor livestock, a Texas school district just begun implanting the devices on student identification cards to monitor pupils' movements on campus, and to track them as they come and go from school.Sep 7, 2012

And this isn't even really touching on the subject of money not being really worth the paper it's printed on, as Texas stockpiles gold:

Jul 4, 2015 - Texas is the only state that owns an actual stockpile of gold. That's not ... Press - AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Forget Fort Knox or the Federal Reserve.

But carry on, with thinking (somehow) I am attempting to "troll" you my friend, even if we don't agree, I can care for both of our future...

Edited by kopp0e
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

While I am not encouraging the president to go out and be frivolous during this crisis, I would pay good money to watch his flabby ass ride a jet ski.

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Since the beaches are open and saltwater kills the COVID, make sure it is the ocean and not a lake. Someplace like this:

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Sure, I am going out of my way to "fabricate" what has been discussed as possible, in science decades ago:

Note, nowhere did I mention anything pertaining to religion dude, this is what's transpiring now, not the ol' book...

And this isn't even really touching on the subject of money not being really worth the paper it's printed on, as Texas stockpiles gold:

But carry on, with thinking (somehow) I am attempting to "troll" you my friend, even if we don't agree, I can care for both of our future...

I was joking about the troll part. Yes, I am aware of chipping cattle and pets. I'm not saying it is a bad idea. But, if you want to go chipping people that is not going to get a positive reaction from large groups of people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

I was joking about the troll part. Yes, I am aware of chipping cattle and pets. I'm not saying it is a bad idea. But, if you want to go chipping people that is not going to get a positive reaction from large groups of people. 

Ahh, I understand you point now..!

12 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Deliberate mismanagement to create utterly unparalleled chaos in order to ultimately torpedo the election has begun to seem more obvious with each passing day lately. 

Anything is on the table for a criminal organization fighting to survive and avoid mass jailing. Imagine how quickly we would have dismissed this notion as crazy for any prior administration.

Mitch and the Donald will do absolutely anything to maintain power and elude prosecution.

God damn each and every one of these bloody-handed cunts.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Had to enlarge and read the store window.  Zinger is a brand of electric wheelchair/hoveround thing.  The window also advertises installation of "grab bars" as for elderly/disabled showers.

So, that store caters to the elderly and disabled.  Right in Trump's wheelhouse and the virus' vulnerability.

Classic.

5 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Shoot, I object to chipping people as a civil liberty issue.  I'd hope lots of people would, not just crackpot fundagelicals.

It's interesting, there's been a lot of thought expended on tracking cattle from pasture, to feedlot, to processor and all points in between because of Creutzfeld-Jakob (mad cow) and other cattle-borne disease in the interest of tracking and eradicating them.  I worked on some patents for a Texas ranch on this about 10-15 years ago.

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Had to enlarge and read the store window.  Zinger is a brand of electric wheelchair/hoveround thing.  The window also advertises installation of "grab bars" as for elderly/disabled showers.

So, that store caters to the elderly and disabled.  Right in Trump's wheelhouse and the virus' vulnerability.

Classic.

Well, Dan Patrick (not the sports guy) did say old people were ready to die for their grandkids to have a kickass economy. So it's fairly fitting that this store is trying to speed along the process. 

42 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Anything is on the table for a criminal organization fighting to survive and avoid mass jailing. Imagine how quickly we would have dismissed this notion as crazy for any prior administration.

Mitch and the Donald will do absolutely anything to maintain power and elude prosecution.

God damn each and every one of these bloody-handed cunts.

Yep. 

Most troubling part of your post is bolded - I am beginning to think that we're almost certainly going to have some kind of super fucked up, mass-casualty, world-altering October Surprise.

Like Tom Clancy type of shit... 

WOMP womp. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Yep. 

Most troubling part of your post is bolded - I am beginning to think that we're almost certainly going to have some kind of super fucked up, mass-casualty, world-altering October Surprise.

Like Tom Clancy type of shit... 

WOMP womp. 

#ObamaGate is trending on twitter now, and being amplified by bots. So, the next wave of propaganda/disinformation after the #plandemic is going out to Facebook, etc.

Saw a tweet here with a take on it. It's a parody account, but presuming elections are held it has long been maintained on this forum that they might use 'invalid elections' as a strategy.

• Like 1

NSIAP:

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them?fbclid=IwAR18pd1gzZQB-MtBtulr3Pgu28Y0eF1xThqelwpuD7EoJEFq41jDZAl_QoI

Keep reading to the part where he talks about how concentrations of the virus is important.

The Risks - Know Them - Avoid Them

Updated: 9 hours ago

It seems many people are breathing some relief, and I’m not sure why. An epidemic curve has a relatively predictable upslope and once the peak is reached, the back slope can also be predicted. We have robust data from the outbreaks in China and Italy, that shows the backside of the mortality curve declines slowly, with deaths persisting for months. Assuming we have just crested in deaths at 70k, it is possible that we lose another 70,000 people over the next 6 weeks as we come off that peak. That's what's going to happen with a lockdown.

As states reopen, and we give the virus more fuel, all bets are off. I understand the reasons for reopening the economy, but I've said before, if you don't solve the biology, the economy won't recover.

Edited by Bullneck
Erin is also a guy's name. Who knew?
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Pence is self-isolating now. No idea if Mother is with him. That must be great for the guys who were forced to remove their masks when they sat down with him at the meat packing plant this past week. 

So will be be getting paid for his time away from his job? Would an employee at Walmart or Home Dept be given the same consideration?

Hey boss, i was exposed to someone who test positive to Covid-19, i am off to self quarantine, see ya in 2 weeks! you can mail me my paycheck.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

#ObamaGate is trending on twitter now, and being amplified by bots. So, the next wave of propaganda/disinformation after the #plandemic is going out to Facebook, etc.

Saw a tweet here with a take on it. It's a parody account, but presuming elections are held it has long been maintained on this forum that they might use 'invalid elections' as a strategy.

why do people have such trouble with lose and loose?

fewer/less bothers me.  effect/affect, whatever.  led and lead is weird but happens a lot.  i'll get over it.  but not lose/loose.  what the fuck.

also dominate/dominant is also receiving votes.

• Like 3

why do people have such trouble with lose and loose?
fewer/less bothers me.  effect/affect, whatever.  led and lead is weird but happens a lot.  i'll get over it.  but not lose/loose.  what the fuck.
also dominate/dominant is also receiving votes.

To a pedant like myself all of these make me loose my mind.
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, deech said:

I think the only thing that forces an act of contrition from this administration in the handling of this mess is if Ivanka dies from the COVID.

Nothing can force an act of contrition from Donald Trump. He's incapable. He has two modes: If it's good, take credit for it; if it's bad, blame someone else. That's it. He'll never admit he was wrong about anything. The only way you'll ever see him admit a mistake is in a passive aggressive way of placing blame on someone else by saying he was wrong to hire them because THEY are the one(s) who fucked things up. 

• Like 3