CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And the Lord replied, "You fools, I sent you an official warning, cleaning technology, and masks. And you ignored them all.  That was me "covering you."  I can't cover for your ignorance any longer.  Your complacency is at an end."  

spacer.png

What about my place again..?

13 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Happy Memorial Day to the families of heroes who paid the ultimate sacrifice. 

It is traditional for political sparring to slow down on Memorial Day. Reflect a little on what our heroes died for.  

They deserve our respect, as does this day that honors them. They died. 

And thank you to all in harm's way and their families on this Memorial Day. 

Both my grandfathers fought in ww2 and Korea. They'd be absolutely disgusted with today's America. This shit today just feels hollow when every day this country's citizens and leaders do everything they can to shit on and destroy the country veterans risked their lives/died for. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

'Sometimes referred to as the China Virus'

Yeah, sometimes Tiffany and Baron referred to you as 'Dad'  

People grow up Donald.  You should try it.  

You can already see the election strategy turning in his fat orange head. Brand it the China virus, blame China, talk about how he'll be harder on China that soft Joe BIden, etc.

That's been my expectation. America will eat that shit up.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You can already see the election strategy turning in his fat orange head. Brand it the China virus, blame China, talk about how he'll be harder on China that soft Joe BIden, etc.

Every time he mentions China, the press should ask him why he blames Xi. Trump loves to bag on China, but is terrified of him. 

56 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Both my grandfathers fought in ww2 and Korea. They'd be absolutely disgusted with today's America. This shit today just feels hollow when every day this country's citizens and leaders do everything they can to shit on and destroy the country veterans risked their lives/died for. 

Not to call bullshit on your family in particular but in general that generation voted for Ronald Reagan and helped support the 'evil government' mantra and 'evil media'  which have manifested in Trump and McConnell, Cruz, Paul, Nixon, Stone, Fox News, OAN, Rush, Rove, Cheney, etc.   This corruption has been in the making for a long time.  Now they just don't hide it anymore because their supports are the elite who stand to gain the most, their supporters are the stupid ones that have willingly bought into a cult of personality.   

Lastly, Trump and any republican even getting elected demonstrates colossal failure of our education system.   

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
53 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That's been my expectation. America will eat that shit up.

It's already happened and most Democrats have played right into his hands by dismissing China's role and coverup. No way two things can be true simultaneously. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Spot on.

And if I can piggyback on this...

The Republicans have, since the time of Reagan, and with the help of Fox news, waged a war on intellectualism.  They openly mock university professors for being a bunch of liberal intellectual elitists.  Think about that!  They've actually managed to turn the fact that the majority of highly educated people are liberals, not conservatives, into a condemnation.  

This is not to say that there aren't highly intelligent Republicans.  There certainly are.  The problem is that they're a bunch of scumbags who are happy to brainwash the stupid into believing a bunch of lies (and the smart ones at the top know they're lies, make no mistake) so that they have the numbers to win elections and continue to profit off of the system.  They've coached the stupid for years to be distrustful of the smart.  When a scientist tells you that the climate is warming at an alarming rate because of our burning of fossil fuels, you can't trust them...  That story is on CNN and MSNBC, and they're a bunch of libtards, and it's not on Fox News, and we're Fair and Balanced, so clearly that story must be bullshit.  You just go fill up your King Cab right now and don't worry about it. 

If anyone ever doubted that the Republicans are a bunch of anti-intellectuals, the fact that Betsy DeVos was made Secretary of Education and the Republicans didn't howl, "what the actual fuck?!" along with the rest of us should've put that one to bed.  They're no longer satisfied badmouthing highly educated people so that the stupid stay that way.  Now they're trying to make sure there are no more highly educated people in this country at all.  

Pretty much everyone on the Republican side at this point is either stupid or evil enough to take advantage of the stupid.  

You don't like that?  Well, if you vote for Trump again this fall, you don't have a leg to stand on.  You're stupid or you're a piece of shit.  Which is it?

Oh they justify it.  ‘Think of the millions of babies I’m saving.’  
Funny that people that are total pieces of shit to the living, care so much for the unborn.  They justify it.  It’s pathetic, and sad, but the human brain can go many places, as we are finding out.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Spot on.

The Republicans have, since the time of Reagan, and with the help of Fox news, waged a war on intellectualism.  They openly mock university professors for being a bunch of liberal intellectual elitists.  Think about that!  They've actually managed to turn the fact that the majority of highly educated people are liberals, not conservatives, into a condemnation.  

This is not to say that there aren't highly intelligent Republicans.  There certainly are.  The problem is that they're a bunch of scumbags who are happy to brainwash the stupid into believing a bunch of lies (and the smart ones at the top know they're lies, make no mistake) so that they have the numbers to win elections and continue to profit off of the system.  They've coached the stupid for years to be distrustful of the smart.  When a scientist tells you that the climate is warming at an alarming rate because of our burning of fossil fuels, you can't trust them...  That story is on CNN and MSNBC, and they're a bunch of libtards, and it's not on Fox News, and we're Fair and Balanced, so clearly that story must be bullshit.  You just go fill up your King Cab right now and don't worry about it. 

If anyone ever doubted that the Republicans are a bunch of anti-intellectuals, the fact that Betsy DeVos was made Secretary of Education and the Republicans didn't howl, "what the actual fuck?!" along with the rest of us should've put that one to bed.  They're no longer satisfied badmouthing highly educated people so that the stupid stay that way.  Now they're trying to make sure there are no more highly educated people in this country at all.  

Pretty much everyone on the Republican side at this point is either stupid or evil enough to take advantage of the stupid.  

You don't like that?  Well, if you vote for Trump again this fall, you don't have a leg to stand on.  You're stupid or you're a piece of shit.  Which is it?

its the age old battle of forward versus backwards. I think the Trumpers aren't voting for maintaining the status quo, they want it reverted. Anti-intellectualism is directly involved in trying to reverse course. For the longest time conservatives were vying for maintaining things, which, if you puff puff give, seems like a point in the constant liberal/conservative struggle of perfect balance. We have now wobbled over that point and into a place where the conservatives have to become something else all together. 

Its not stupid or a piece of shit, its wanting something they can't ever have again. i think of it more like pouting. eh semantics

Vote Quimby!

(hey, if you were running for office he'd vote for you. just saying)

Edited by staboner
  • Like 1

Just now, staboner said:

its the age old battle of forward versus backwards. I think the Trumpers aren't voting for maintaining the status quo, they want it reverted. Anti-intellectualism is directly involved in trying to reverse course. For the longest time conservatives were vying for maintaining things, which, if you puff puff give, seems like a point in the constant liberal/conservative struggle of perfect balance. We have now wobbled over that point and into a place where the conservatives have to become something else all together. 

Its not stupid or a piece of shit, its wanting something they can't ever have again. i think of it more like pouting. eh semantics

Vote Quimby! - hey, if you were running for office he'd vote for you

Well if they want racism, no environmental protection, etc they’re still stupid and/or POS.  Nostalgia isn’t some immunity shield...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lol

Germ-ridden masses...

Oh man, I get to repeat one of my favorite C19 patient encounters.  It was about the second week of March and a patient had gotten back from a cruise.  I was seeing her via telehealth as a favor, we don't do primary care but everyone was overwhelmed around that time.  Anyways, I tell her it's not a good idea to cruise anytime soon and she probably shouldn't have gone on the one she went on.  She proceeded to lecture me on how it was not a cheap cruise and the people on it had money.  I was speechless and she thought the connection froze, 'oh no, I'm still here, I'm just trying to process what you said'.  I knew right then, this was going to be a giant pain in the ass.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

You would think that you would want to strive to make sure that your human capital stock is well-maintained and healthy in the most economical way possible.  Like with a national maintenance plan.  A "health care" plan if you would.  Avoids maintenance down-time and such.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

You would think that you would want to strive to make sure that your human capital stock is well-maintained and healthy in the most economical way possible.  Like with a national maintenance plan.  A "health care" plan if you would.  Avoids maintenance down-time and such.

It's the levee builder plan. "Kill a mule, buy another. Kill a n...r, hire another"

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Remember the scene in "They Live" when the resistance leader is making that shady/underground TV broadcast where he calls out the Aliens and says, "They may be breeding us for food, for labor, for reproduction.  We don't really know.  All we really know is we're livestock."  That happened in a movie we all laugh at when we're drunk at 1:00am.  But this guy actually said it.  

What else is livestock Tomi Lahren?  Sheep, right?  You think we're sheep for wearing masks.  Your messiah's right hand man just called us livestock.  How do you explain that away?  

8 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

It's a lease

• Like 2

Every time I read this thread, I am happy I am currently not living in Dumbfuckistan, but in a country that revers science and education and where people make the "major" sacrifice of "freedom" to wear masks to protect others. Stay safe and thank you to people trying to care for and deal with the public during this COVID-19 epidemic. You really are saints. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Okie State said:
3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It's impossible for me to comprehend how stupid you have to be to read tweets like this and think 'hell yeah, that's my guy! MAGA 2020!'

How fucking stupid are we as a society that science has become a political side?  I understand that the majority of us are on the right side but it's still stupid and scary.  Fuck Republicans. 

• Like 1

How fucking stupid are we as a society that science has become a political side?  I understand that the majority of us are on the right side but it's still stupid and scary.  Fuck Republicans. 
Owning the Libs has become a badge of honor. I'm not even what most would consider liberal and I can still see how unbelievably pathetic that stance is. Grown adults acting like children.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It gets pretty scary when I meet teachers in our district that are anti-intellectual. It sounds weird, but after one speaks with them, it is as if they like the idea of attending college as an 'experience' (sororities, football games, meeting people and socializing) but not the idea of expanding their world view and knowledge. I don't think I'm explaining it very well, but it was unsettling to then hear yet another group of parents talk in a group about how K-12 teachers and university faculty are poisoning the minds of today's youth.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I don’t mean to be 200 level Polisci asshole: but this gin up the white poors to protect the capital owning class isn’t a flaw, it’s a feature of the the system.  I mean, this was Andrew Jackson’s entire schtick.  

Yes and it’s why many wealthy minorities sit it out and enjoy the perks. I see it all the damn time as a brown guy myself.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Spot on.

It goes back at least as far as Nixon and Spiro Agnew. They grafted some of that pure George Wallace Dixiecrat spirit. It was George who said, and I attempt to quote "Pointy-headed intellectuals who don't have sense enough to park their bicycles." Which in itself has a certain intellectual perfection as an insult. The 2020 version would probably be "They suuuuuck cuz they suck."

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes and it’s why many wealthy minorities sit it out and enjoy the perks. I see it all the damn time as a brown guy myself.  

As a Mayonnaise American who lives in a the wealthy part of Prince George’s County, MD, I also see it, as much as the traditional infrastructure will allow it.

Edited by Bateshorn

15 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

As a Mayonnaise American who lives in a the wealthy part of Prince George’s County, MD, I also see it, in so much as the traditional infrastructure will allow it.

I think this is changing in the Asian demographic at least in my social circle. Growing up most of us did fit into that model minority/keep your head down and work hard stereotype but the last few years woke most of us up. The two Trump voters I know of haven't said a word about politics in years and we look at them like dumbasses whenever the subject gets brought up.

Edited by AngryDragon
  • Like 1

From my admittedly privileged and outside observation, it's the wealthy elite of the African American community (in PGC) who have largely benefited from the tax and capitol policies of the GOP while trying to balance that with the horrible justice policy.  I think this presidency has finally thrown into light that no amount of extra money in the bank is worth the squeeze.

2 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Every time I read this thread, I am happy I am currently not living in Dumbfuckistan, but in a country that revers science and education and where people make the "major" sacrifice of "freedom" to wear masks to protect others. Stay safe and thank you to people trying to care for and deal with the public during this COVID-19 epidemic. You really are saints. 

Dumbfuckistan is good. I'd like to make my contribution to the lexicon with the name Halfstaffistan. 

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh man, I get to repeat one of my favorite C19 patient encounters.  It was about the second week of March and a patient had gotten back from a cruise.  I was seeing her via telehealth as a favor, we don't do primary care but everyone was overwhelmed around that time.  Anyways, I tell her it's not a good idea to cruise anytime soon and she probably shouldn't have gone on the one she went on.  She proceeded to lecture me on how it was not a cheap cruise and the people on it had money.  I was speechless and she thought the connection froze, 'oh no, I'm still here, I'm just trying to process what you said'.  I knew right then, this was going to be a giant pain in the ass.  

lol this fucking rules

2020 Masque of the Red Death, but on a yacht

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Thanks [mention]Message Board User [/mention] .

We’re proper fucked. Mask usage in my estimation has dropped to approximately zero.

I was the only person wearing one at the grocery store today.

Alabamans defend hitting the beach:

“...According to one beachgoer, identified as Bailey Karr, “Everybody’s got to go somehow.”

“You mean die?” the CNN correspondent asked.

“Yeah, but in a way — I mean, I don’t want to die,” the recent college graduate replied. “But if that’s what God has in store for my life, then that’s okay.”

[...]
Yet another beachgoer defended not wearing a mask because Donald Trump doesn’t wear one in public.

“I mean, if he’s not wearing a mask, I’m not wearing a mask. If he’s not worried, I’m not worried,” he told Tuchman.”

Just now, triplehorn said:

“Yeah, but in a way — I mean, I don’t want to die,” the recent college graduate replied. “But if that’s what God has in store for my life, then that’s okay.”

I get the fatalistic approach, but what people don't understand is that it's not about them.  It's about everyone else.

• Like 2