CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It doesn't take balls to shoot someone.

I agree that the largest threat is probably is lone wolf-type mass shooters. But there has been a lot of growth in the far right militias.  Small, loosely organized groups with a modicum of strategic and tactical intelligence could do some serious damage for a time. They wouldn't "win" in any real sense of the word, but they could cause some real problems, particularly if law enforcement isn't committed to stopping them. Luckily, most of their members are dumb and/or certifiably crazy, but they include plenty of veterans who know their shit too. And the massive unemployment of people under 40 that we're seeing now will only swell their numbers.  You're underestimating the threat they pose.

.5% of a population can present a lot of chaos. And now they are more organized than ever. I agree with you about the unemployment and number of veterans. This changes the dynamic quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I agree that the largest threat is probably lone wolf-type mass shooters. But there has been a lot of growth in the far right militias.  Small, loosely organized groups with a modicum of strategic and tactical intelligence could do some serious damage for a time. They wouldn't "win" in any real sense of the word, but they could cause some real problems, particularly if law enforcement isn't committed to stopping them. Luckily, most of their members are dumb and/or certifiably crazy, but they include plenty of veterans who know their shit too. And the massive unemployment of people under 40 that we're seeing now will only swell their numbers.  You're underestimating the threat they pose.

They could take over a wildlife refuge in Oregon and nobody would do anything about it. They'd just stay there until they ran out of Monster Energy and Slim Jim's.

• Haha 1

My wife and I were discussing this as a serious topic on our walk last night.  I mean, to the point of worrying about our son, who will be of fighting age in the wake of this election.  We really don't see a way out that doesn't involve armed insurrection by an insane death cult that makes up 35-40% of Americans.  Will it be well organized?  No.  But when/if they get local law enforcement and/or members of the military to side with them.....that's where it could get really fucking hardcore.  Imagine driving through Bent Dick, Texas, where the local sheriff is a Q-tard, he has a large armed posse of locals join him, and they set up road blocks.  That "Beto" sticker on your car may be a real fucking problem.

I agree with you in general, but the real number is smaller than 35-40 percent. He got 46 percent of thee vote at ~55 percent turnout. That means 25 percent of eligible adults voted for him. 75 percent didn't. Of course, only 26 percent of eligible adults voted for Clinton. Some tiny chunk I'm not going to look up voted third party. A huge plurality, 45 percent, just didn't care enough, were too oblivious, or whatever to even vote. "Did not vote" wins every election a landslide.

No doubt some of the cult members didn't actually vote. But I the true believers are probably more like 20-25 percent of the overall population. Still enough to cause problems, and certainly higher in rural areas, but don't underestimate how blissfully disengaged a lot of this country is.

• Like 1

we can have advance warning that, say, Waco is experiencing a significant upward swing in infections, so 1) hospitals can prepare, and 2) local officials can re-impose (or enforce) some measured restrictions to knock transmission back down again.
Simple science, shortcut to important information -- that's kick-ass stuff.

I don't need shit tracking to support permanent lockdown of Waco.
  • Like 2

Let's be honest. IF shit tracking could tell if if the rules put in place by Republican public official could predict future Covid 19 cases there is only one certainty! That the GOP elected official would find a way to add more clean shit volume to the shit, to try to make their shit look better.  A GOP bot led grass roots effort to collect your animal shit and flush it down the drain would immediately pop up on Facebook. 

• Like 1

Let's be honest. IF shit tracking could tell if if the rules put in place by Republican public official could predict future Covid 19 cases there is only one certainty! That the GOP elected official would find a way to add more clean shit volume to the shit, to try to make their shit look better.  A GOP bot led grass roots effort to collect your animal shit and flush it down the drain would immediately pop up on Facebook. 
TIL college station implemented this covid tracking method decades before the pandemic

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Cowboy Couy reminds me of the false image "cowboy churches" try to project.  In reality, they are havens for far-right, racist pigs to gather and promulgate the message, but they like to act as if they're just aw shucks, baseball-hot-dogs-apple-pie-Chevrolet people doing God's work.  Nope.

Also tax dodges.  

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I agree that the largest threat is probably lone wolf-type mass shooters. But there has been a lot of growth in the far right militias.  Small, loosely organized groups with a modicum of strategic and tactical intelligence could do some serious damage for a time. They wouldn't "win" in any real sense of the word, but they could cause some real problems, particularly if law enforcement isn't committed to stopping them. Luckily, most of their members are dumb and/or certifiably crazy, but they include plenty of veterans who know their shit too. And the massive unemployment of people under 40 that we're seeing now will only swell their numbers.  You're underestimating the threat they pose.

Yep. Here's a recent Economist article about the far right extremist "boogaloo boys."

Y’all need to calm down. You know what Trump does after saber rattling? He gives in. Look at his litigation strategy over the years- the perfect example is when the NY AG sued him and his family for running a fraudulent non profit. After swearing up and down he’d fight the case, he settled. The non profit folded and his children can’t run a charity in NY ever again. 

Same thing with the election. He’ll jump up and down and cry, but push comes to shove and he will issue a bunch of pardons (including to himself) and then sail off to the sunset turning OAN into TrumpTV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

election day is going to be a shit show 

Anyone who has the option to vote early and doesn't is a fucking dunce.  On the actual day there's going to be voter intimidation and god knows what other suppression tactics galore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

He’s doing an amazing job, haven’t you seen the ratings for his pressers? And he’s #1 on Facebook, not just anybody can achieve that. 

Haven't you heard of a little thing called OBAMAGATE?!?!?!?!?!?   And did you know Joe Scarbrough is a murderer?  Many people are saying that believe me.

Just now, Message Board User said:

Haven't you heard of a little thing called OBAMAGATE?!?!?!?!?!?   And did you know Joe Scarbrough is a murderer?  Many people are saying that believe me.

And he is discovering cutting edge treatment options including injecting bleach and shining ultraviolet light inside the lungs 

Welp.

Just got an announcement from our school board and I am FURIOUS.

My daughter’s school held an in person graduation last Thursday. Only four guests, face masks, temperature checks, everyone six feet apart yadda yadda yadda.

Everyone was told if anyone was positive or HAD BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE POSITIVE to not attend.

And tonight we find out someone who attended has three positives in their home, was tested the day before graduation, and they didn’t tell anyone and attended graduation anyway.

And they got their test results back today. Positive.

• Like 1

Cuomo and blue state governors have more responsibility for deaths than anyone not in China.  Weird you guys don't talk about that.  Because Orangemanbad.

What he did with nursing homes should have him being criminally prosecuted.  Shaggy lib cabal does not give one fuck about that.

But congrats to the Democrat governors.  Top fucking notch work.

• Fuck You 10

23 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Cuomo and blue state governors have more responsibility for deaths than anyone not in China.  Weird you guys don't talk about that.  Because Orangemanbad.

What he did with nursing homes should have him being criminally prosecuted.  Shaggy lib cabal does not give one fuck about that.

I heard this conspiracy theory today. Please explain more. So you think a Cuomo and blue state governors are more responsible for COVID deaths than the President? Why is that?

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It was such a random drive by though.  Wat.

It kinda reminded me of having an argument with a woman. When they get really wound up and are losing badly their emotions boil over and they'll blow out with some retort that has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand and may in fact be an untruth that they've made up in their own mind. Pretty damn funny to me.

"Well, that probably would not have happened if you'd read the directions first". "YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO SLEEP WITH MY SISTER!!!!!!".

"I've never met your sister"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

NY has ~5k nursing home deaths. The entire country has roughly 26k nursing home deaths. Even if we give him full blame for all those nursing home deaths, which is absurd, Cuomo’s nursing home policy accounts for 5% of the US deaths. Now contrast that with the study showing that if the US had locked down one week prior, we would have saved 36k lives. The blame game is fun. 

• Like 2

Welp.

My daughter’s school held an in person graduation last Thursday. Only four guests, face masks, temperature checks, everyone six feet apart yadda yadda yadda.

Everyone was told if anyone was positive or HAD BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE POSITIVE to not attend.

And tonight we find out someone who attended has three positives in their home, was tested the day before graduation, and they didn’t tell anyone and attended graduation anyway.

This is why we, as a society, cannot have nice things. That's so phenomenally selfish and/or stupid.

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

Whoever moderates this... Can we get an automatic 1 month ban for anyone posting conspiracy theories? That's far more disruptive and dangerous than anyone posting politics in that other forum. 

Get [serious] bro. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Welp.

You let your daughter attend an in person graduation right now? 

I'm sorry but of course there were people who were sick and went because "I can't miss little Billie Sue or Bobby Jo's graduation!". I mean this is America. Like 5 percent of the population gives a flying fuck about the well-being of anyone they don't personally know. 

47 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I heard this conspiracy theory today. Please explain more. So you think a Cuomo and blue state governors are more responsible for COVID deaths than the President? Why is that?

Other than the fact that Trump left governors to their own devices while abdicating responsibility?

That's like saying "it's all your fault, I was there but I didn't do anything."

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Because he has been duped, again, and is all in on the governors being at fault. Trump has cultivated that talking point for a while now. We knew dumbshits like Johnny were going to spout them sooner or later. 

The "Cuomo is a mass murderer" talking point is taking off like wildfire.  Never mind the fact that the guy was trying to manage an overwhelming onslaught on NY hospitals.  Never mind the fact that it wasn't an order.  Never mind the fact that he was put in an impossible position.

I mean, it ain't like owning a fucking outrageously priced white-people only grocery chain, but hell, it's something.  It's still hard work.

Translation for Johnny SacKKK:  fuck off.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Twitter thread from a Democratic Pennsylvania State Legislator claiming that some Republican legislators tested positive and hid their diagnoses -

He has a Facebook live post that is rightfully full of rage.  Worth the watch.  

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Because that's what Fox News told him to think.  

• Like 1