CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

Whoever moderates this... Can we get an automatic 1 month ban for anyone posting conspiracy theories? That's far more disruptive and dangerous than anyone posting politics in that other forum. 

Nah apparently CR is thunderdome, but if you so much as hint at a poor response from the feds in the DT thread you get a vacation.

Mods are a joke

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

Whoever moderates this... Can we get an automatic 1 month ban for anyone posting conspiracy theories? That's far more disruptive and dangerous than anyone posting politics in that other forum. 

Then there is about 2,989,567 months worth of bannings due for all the Russia collusion bullshit that this board thrives on.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

The "Cuomo is a mass murderer" talking point is taking off like wildfire.  Never mind the fact that the guy was trying to manage an overwhelming onslaught on NY hospitals.  Never mind the fact that it wasn't an order.  Never mind the fact that he was put in an impossible position.

I mean, it ain't like owning a fucking outrageously priced white-people only grocery chain, but hell, it's something.  It's still hard work.

Translation for Johnny SacKKK:  fuck off.

I guess you think waiting until May to have a daily cleaning of the subways was okay.  I’m sure you do.  Because you are a fucking retard.  

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Other than the fact that Trump left governors to their own devices while abdicating responsibility?

That's like saying "it's all your fault, I was there but I didn't do anything."

If only our states had banded together in some sort of union and then the people elected one guy to lead. That theoretical person might have been able to help

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If only our states had banded together in some sort of union and then the people elected one guy to lead. That theoretical person might have been able to help

My state of 20 plus million elected someone.  And he’s managed to not negligently murder nursing home residents.   

Maybe don’t issue an executive order forcing people infected with the China Virus into confined spaces filled with the most vulnerable citizens?  I mean I’m just spit balling here.  

There does seem to be a difference between blue and red state governance.  Probably just a huge coincidence.  

On 5/24/2020 at 8:10 PM, Lobo said:

Say what you want about their war-mongering ideologies, at least the German marches in the 30's and 40's had a sense of pride about their appearance, the cadence of their step, and their accessorizing.  the group in that first video looks like someone barged into an indoor noodling competition and yelled, "Let's go y'all, get your guns, we gonna march on the Government!"  No organization, no pride, no consistent messaging, no theme to dress or signage, just a rag-tag walking stereotype of people who look like they don't walk enough in real life.  At least the SS had a cardio program.  

I think we are still in the biergarten putsch stage.   If only Trump could be jailed long enough to write his manifesto....that'd be forever without a ghostwriter.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:44 PM, Message Board User said:

She's losing too much ground to the OAN cunt.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:58 AM, 4th&Five said:

No, his national response plan was to get all his family and contributors on the grifting gravy train.   That's it.  Keep chaos alive, make money.

On 5/25/2020 at 3:16 PM, Gatorubet said:

spacer.png\\

In ten years she'll be dancing on a pole wearing only a mask and a God Loves You tat...

Odds are she's homeschooled and not been vaccinated?

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My wife and I were discussing this as a serious topic on our walk last night.  I mean, to the point of worrying about our son, who will be of fighting age in the wake of this election.  We really don't see a way out that doesn't involve armed insurrection by an insane death cult that makes up 35-40% of Americans.  Will it be well organized?  No.  But when/if they get local law enforcement and/or members of the military to side with them.....that's where it could get really fucking hardcore.  Imagine driving through   living in or near Bent Dick, Texas, where the local sheriff is a Q-tard, he has a large armed posse of locals join him, and they set up road blocks.  That "Beto" sticker on your car may be a real fucking problem.

More represents me.   And yeah, I've thought about this a lot.  This will be the first year my son can vote too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Always love it when posters claim something has been scrubbed from the internet and their proof is a link to something on the internet. 

Even better when the link is to the original source who supposedly is doing the scrubbing. 

• Like 2

I would take Trump more seriously if he had the instincts to wear a mask. He doesn't have healthy impulsive instincts and appears to lack the intelligence to recognize his unforced errors. Or maybe he is getting horrible advice. 

Biden, of all people, is going to bury him unless he launches some significant policy course changes. He won't - the last unforced error of his political life. He will be erased from history by the historians. Future Americans will know him best for a short-lived daytime variety show he hosted post-Presidency called Tiger President! They will confuse him for Gerald Ford and think he never won an election.

What an election of riches.

Pennsylvania state House republicans tested positive for COVID-19 and told that info to the other republicans, but kept that info from the Democrats there for at least a week, all the while forcing meetings on passing bills on opening up Pennsylvania because it was ‘safe‘.

Democratic House Representative for Pennsylvania Brian Sims reacts:

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Like 2

My wife and I were discussing this as a serious topic on our walk last night.  I mean, to the point of worrying about our son, who will be of fighting age in the wake of this election. 

“Fighting age” doesn’t seem like it would be relevant. That would matter if you think there’s going to be a draft, but what you’re worried about would look more like a civil war. I don’t think the incels will actually take it that far, but IF they did, age is irrelevant. In that scenario, if you can hold a gun, you’re of “fighting age”

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Check the date. Nobody could have seen this coming. That fucking China 

Well this response didn't age well.

Replying to
We are probably not prepared for the meteor either. How about we focus resources on the daily problems we have instead of the 1 in 10,000 year event that is likely to not gallen anyways?
  • Like 1

Here's the google cached version. 

DATE: March 25, 2020

TO: Nursing Home Administrators, Directors of Nursing, and Hospital Discharge Planners

COVID-19 has been detected in multiple communities throughout New York State. There is an urgent

need to expand hospital capacity in New York State to be able to meet the demand for patients with

COVID-19 requiring acute care. As a result, this directive is being issued to clarify expectations for

nursing homes (NHs) receiving residents returning from hospitalization and for NHs accepting new

admissions.

Hospital discharge planning staff and NHs should carefully review this guidance with all staff directly

involved in resident admission, transfer, and discharges.

During this global health emergency, all NHs must comply with the expedited receipt of residents

returning from hospitals to NHs. Residents are deemed appropriate for return to a NH upon a

determination by the hospital physician or designee that the resident is medically stable for return.

Hospital discharge planners must confirm to the NH, by telephone, that the resident is medically

stable for discharge. Comprehensive discharge instructions must be provided by the hospital prior to

the transport of a resident to the NH.

No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or

suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is

determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission.

Information for healthcare providers on COVID-19 is readily available on the New York State

Department of Health public website at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/information-healthcare-

providers. As always, standard precautions must be maintained, and environmental cleaning made a

priority, during this public health emergency.

Critical personal protective equipment (PPE) needs should be immediately communicated to your local

Office of Emergency Management, with the appropriate information provided at the time of request.

Requests MUST include:

o Type and quantity of PPE by size;

o Point of contact at the requesting facility or system;

o Delivery location;

o Date request is needed to be filled by; AND

o Record of pending orders.

Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation in responding to COVID-19. General questions or

comments about this advisory can be sent to covidnursinghomeinfo@health.ny.gov.

15 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yep, but Trump was right on that.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

If that dipshit can convince Apple to put a headphone port in the next iPhone, I’ll go full MAGA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Team plug in. I go on a lot of long runs/hikes and my wireless pods always run out of juice before I'm done. 

Flights, too.

The point is: including a 1/8” port is the Pareto optimal situation. It allows you the widest range of options: you can use any standard headphones; you can use the lightning port headphones; or you can use wireless. You still have options if the 1/8” port isn’t there, but they are fewer and come with trade-offs that make life a little more difficult (E.g. having to charge wireless headphones; not being able to charge the phone and use lightning port headphones at the same time without some stupid adapter; etc.)

9 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I hadn't clicked on the link because of the source.  I was ready to provide a mea culpa and take your word for it, but then I clicked on the link it opened right up for me.  So yeah, my point stands.

Also, note that the suggested link is not the document being referenced in the original link.

Annotation-2020-05-28-120315.png