CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

50%? 

laugh laughing GIF

It's about 99.999999999999999999999999% that nothing will be done and it'll be an uncontrolled burn. The remaining fraction of a percentage point is reserved for civilization destroying asteroid, aliens, or nuclear holocaust. 

It's over. All that's left to do is skewer the shit out of trump and every republican that's willingly sacrificing America for nothing. 

Dammit, why didn't we just rake? Isn't that supposed to keep uncontrolled burns from spreading?

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Great thread on why you should be skeptical of the “Alabama teens having coronavirus parties” story.

In everyone else's defense, it's a story about young people doing something epically stupid....in Alabama.  It's too believable NOT to be believed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In everyone else's defense, it's a story about young people doing something epically stupid....in Alabama.  It's too believable NOT to be believed.

I have relatives in Midland and every time I went back there without fail the first topic to discuss brought up by an Aunt was some crazy shit some teenagers were supposedly doing in Midland now. I personally found it annoying. This for me went back to the late 80s.

And yet somehow, someway we all survived anyway. 

Covid isn't about YOU, and whether you get it.
It's about trying to ensure people's recklessness doesn't inadvertently pass it on to others, eventually killing someone who didn't need to die.

You really think all these businesses, particularly airlines and pro/college sports, and all the affected enterprises from that realm alone is shutting things down over nothing?
They don't give a F about anything the media says. They're banking on the REAL data. From the medical experts, and a ton of highly paid analysts.

They wouldn't lose millions on something that was minor. Wake up.

Holy crap, the world really is coming to an end. This was posted on TexAgs

• Like 1

reminder of how this all started. post is from 2 moths ago but is still valid. this fucking administration...there are no words to describe how he and they utterly failed america. long read but well worth the perusal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Keep_Track/comments/g6481o/the_26_pandemic_warnings_that_trump_ignored/

Spoiler

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 3

Governor just issued a statewide mask order.  https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/EO-GA-29-use-of-face-coverings-during-COVID-19-IMAGE-07-02-2020.pdf

AUSTIN - Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order requiring all Texans to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with few exceptions. The Governor also issued a proclamation giving mayors and county judges the ability to impose restrictions on some outdoor gatherings of over 10 people, and making it mandatory that, with certain exceptions, people cannot be in groups larger than ten and must maintain six feet of social distancing from others. 

"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” said Governor Abbott. “We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another—and that means wearing a face covering in public spaces. Likewise, large gatherings are a clear contributor to the rise in COVID-19 cases. Restricting the size of groups gatherings will strengthen Texas’ ability to corral this virus and keep Texans safe. We all have a responsibility to slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep our communities safe. If Texans commit to wearing face coverings in public spaces and follow the best health and safety practices, we can both slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep Texas open for business. I urge all Texans to wear a face covering in public, not just for their own health, but for the health of their families, friends, and for all our fellow Texans.”

It is an executive order, and is expressly subject to a fine for violations.

• Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Governor just issued a statewide mask order.  https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/EO-GA-29-use-of-face-coverings-during-COVID-19-IMAGE-07-02-2020.pdf

Shows just how bad its gotten that Abbot has to stop pandering to his base and start listening to scientists.  Projections must be really fucking bad for Abbot to do this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Shows just how bad its gotten that Abbot has to stop pandering to his base and start listening to scientists.  Projections must be really fucking bad for Abbot to do this.

Yep.  For him to go full "IN ON THE BILL GATES SOROS LIBTARD CONSPIRACY!" is a pretty big fucking move.

Like I said a second ago on the Texas Opening up thread- Abbott KNEW what the right thing to do was.  He CHOSE to risk the lives of those he was entrusted to protect.

Probably got some of the data back that folks like my wife's team has been collecting on Nursing home staff, and patients.  This thing is going to get really ugly, and while I applaud FINALLY doing the smart thing and ordering mask wearing, there will be so many needless deaths due to his choosing politics over safety.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

He’s going to get death threats because of this order.  The lunatic fringe is no longer a fringe.  It’s a third of the country.

And it's the third that's in charge, because the GOP can't win without them.  Fucking absolute wingnuts have veto power over our entire government right now.  Fuck the GOP for ever putting us in this position.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:
replies are just amazing, as you'd expect.

Good God the comments

Yep.  Time for the meteor.  Seriously.  Our species is too stupid to deserve a place on this planet any longer.  Let's give the cockroaches a chance -- shit, they're already probably smarter than we are.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yeah, he's done the math and sees that we are fucked.

Politically he screwed himself, the trumpkins will hate him for the restrictions on their "liberty" and the rest of us hate him for waiting so long.

I hope that if he runs for reelection that they run back to back ads both denouncing him for the mask order and then for waiting so long in the next one.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh man. All the MAGAssholes are gonna shit. This will be glorious.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Yeah, he's done the math and sees that we are fucked.

Politically he screwed himself, the trumpkins will hate him for the restrictions on their "liberty" and the rest of us hate him for waiting so long.

I hope that if he runs for reelection that they run back to back ads both denouncing him for the mask order and then for waiting so long in the next one.

I don’t see him running reelection.  He’s lost too much standing and voters don’t see eye to eye with him anymore.  The other branches of government will also weigh down on him.

• Like 4