CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Nothing good here other than idiocy and spite isn't just a US thing I suppose:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53309424

Bayonne: Bus driver left brain dead after being 'attacked over face masks'

A bus driver in the south-west of France has been left brain dead after reportedly being attacked by passengers who refused to wear face masks.

The driver in Bayonne had refused to allow several people - who had no tickets and were not wearing masks - to board the bus on Sunday night, a police source told AFP news agency.

The man, who is in his 50s, sustained serious head injuries after being punched.

Five people have been arrested.

Face masks are mandatory on public transport in France.

Union sources told France Bleu's local radio station that the driver had attempted to prevent the group from bringing a dog on board the bus. The mayor of Bayonne condemned the "barbaric act", the station added.

Regional bus services have been severely disrupted as drivers refuse to work following the incident.

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

it just seems impossible with a flagship university like that.  UGA has to have a bill powers of their own to tell the retards to fuck off.

GaTech is under the same umbrella, so they're no masks required, too.  I'm really thankful that my daughter didn't apply to grad school at GT like I wanted her to.

Edited by Beau Vine

Bell county is reporting 64 cases, but Tuesday is always the peak for their reporting.  One thing to note is the positivity rate has jumped a point and a half in the last two weeks, so the lower total seems to be from lack of tests, not any real plateau.  Unfortunately they don't track positivity rate other than the current value on the data board, so you just have to rely on memory to figure that out.  

GaTech is under the same umbrella, so they're no masks required, too.  I'm really thankful that my daughter didn't apply to grad school at GT like I wanted her to.

Like, I’m a proud UA alumnae and all but I’m under no illusion that UA nor AU are in GaTech’s league. And UGA has become much more competitive academically over the last 15-20 years.

So, how in the COVID FUCK does UA and AU and the small Alabama schools get this right and Georgia is the one going skinny dipping in the acid bath????

Oh and just got an email.

Whole system is out of reagent and running low on swabs so our testing is back to being farmed our to third party labs so 6-10 day wait.

And our main, largest site (who was behind my location by 32-6 in total cases 10 days ago) has cancelled/postponed elective procedures and anything requiring a night’s stay that is non-emergent.

The main location now has 68 CV-19 inpatients with 51 PUIs. They were in single digits for inpatients last week.

We’re still cruising along and holding steady with between 25-35 inpatients at any given time.

As of June 10th, our county had ONE death.

We’ve got 10 now.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Like, I’m a proud UA alumnae and all but I’m under no illusion that UA nor AU are in GaTech’s league. And UGA has become much more competitive academically over the last 15-20 years.

So, how in the COVID FUCK does UA and AU and the small Alabama schools get this right and Georgia is the one going skinny dipping in the acid bath????

Have you not noticed how stupid Georgia's governor is?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I don't normally say things like this, but that Mother should be charged with murder.  I don't know what kind of legal charge, but goddamn that's infuriating.  After all the bullshit in the story she pulled, she even declined intubation until it was too late.  Damn near seems intentional to me.

29 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I don't normally say things like this, but that Mother should be charged with murder.  I don't know what kind of legal charge, but goddamn that's infuriating.  After all the bullshit in the story she pulled, she even declined intubation until it was too late.  Damn near seems intentional to me.

Manslaughter or negligent homicide at least

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lost track of the ICE thread, but this is relevant here:

methinks this would get blocked in court, if challenged.  But, this could just simply be distractions to buy time till November.

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

lmao – GIF

https://www.thedailybeast.com/billionaire-kanye-wests-company-yeezy-llc-gets-multimillion-dollar-ppp-loan-from-trump-admin?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds

Billionaire rapper and shoe designer Kanye West’s company has received a multimillion-dollar loan as part of the federal government’s coronavirus stimulus package, according to records released Thursday by the U.S. Treasury’s Small Business Administration.

The money was handed out in the latest round of the Paycheck Protection Program, part of the Trump administration’s $2 trillion CARES Act designed to provide economic relief to small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.

Yeezy LLC, a California company, is listed in the Treasury’s log as a recipient of a loan worth between $2 million and $5 million. The company self-identified as being male-owned and a Black or African-American business. It said 160 jobs were saved using the loan.

Have you not noticed how stupid Georgia's governor is?

I mean, our Grandma Governor is no prize.

She hasn’t been as vocally stupid as the male governors at her borders but she’s absolutely disappeared from public since reopening the state and hasn’t said jack or shit since cases started skyrocketing.

A loud fool or an absent fool, both are still fools.

50 minutes ago, freyguy said:

methinks this would get blocked in court, if challenged.  But, this could just simply be distractions to buy time till November.

From a purely prospective viewpoint, I could see how student visas could and even should be denied if they're just enrolling in an online program that could be taken from anywhere, theoretically.

Retroactively, I'm not sure visas can be revoked like that, legally.

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I know his brain is just using predictive text to send these tweets at this point, but what is the argument here?  How is the Fox News bubble explaining that Democrats would benefit from no school?

I think he has a mechanism by which he can identify hot-button items on things that still resonate with his base.  Statues, monuments, public education as free childcare, kneeling for the anthem and other such shit that is meaningless compared to the reality that he’s overseen a pandemic response that’s killed 100,000+ Americans and destroyed the economy.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

this is 50% trump racist assholery, and 50% trump trying to bully colleges to stay open

yeah good point on the later

so the Federal government is doing what it can to force various public and private orgs to be open. i think this is only the beginning of this kind of "policy".  fascinating twist here. 

but whatever. its no longer the real world anyway. happy simulations ya'll

Since we are talking reopening schools...South Korean schools have been open in a modified format since the beginning of June. Half the students attend school each week and the other half does online classes. The following week they switch. If a COVID case occurs at a school, or among the family of a student, the entire school goes back to online classes and students quarantine until all COVID is clear among students and their families. Once students and their families are all clear of COVID then that school reopens. Before opening in June they did online only for about a month or so. All students are required to wear masks. The schools provide them to students who do not have one.  They have their temperature checked a few times a day, including a camera that senses body temperature as they enter the school.  Sanitizer is available in schools for free. They have workers in the schools all day who walk around cleaning and sanitizing surfaces which are often touched like doors, desks, chairs, etc. 

Koreans often have extended family living with them, primarily retired parents, and many women still give up working once they have children so day care is mostly handled here; however, even before school opened, the government allowed students with no daytime supervision, to come to school and be watched and cared for by a government provided teacher(s) at school.  

• Like 2