CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

19 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

No, they were gonna miss their housing payments anyway.  Pre-existing conditions.

Really though, we need to stop compiling housing statistics.  They make us look bad.  Other countries don't compile housing statistics at our same rate.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

No, they were gonna miss their housing payments anyway.  Pre-existing conditions.

Really though, we need to stop compiling housing statistics.  They make us look bad.  Other countries don't compile housing statistics at our same rate.

Not sure if "2007" serious or "2007" sarcastic.

21 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I love everything about this comment.

Trump pulled a Desantis by starting his touchdown dance at the 50 yard line, even though it was clear to anyone with a fucking clue about how COVID-19 outbreaks unfold that deaths are about to spike.  In the 3 days since his tweet, deaths in California have jumped from fairly stable weekly average deaths of 63 to 132 / 145 over the last 2 days.  For Texas, deaths have jumped from a weekly average deaths of ~35 to 101 and 97 over the last 2 days.   Shit's going to be getting real in CA, TX, AZ, FL and the rest of the deep South over the next few weeks, and once again, we're going to have proof that there is indeed a tweet for everything.  Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 years, sometimes it takes a few days, but there is always a tweet ... 

Trump pulled a Desantis by starting his touchdown dance at the 50 yard line, even though it was clear to anyone with a fucking clue about how COVID-19 outbreaks unfold that deaths are about to spike.  In the 3 days since his tweet, deaths in California have jumped from fairly stable weekly average deaths of 63 to 132 / 145 over the last 2 days.  For Texas, deaths have jumped from a weekly average deaths of ~35 to 101 and 97 over the last 2 days.   Shit's going to be getting real in CA, TX, AZ, FL and the rest of the deep South over the next few weeks, and once again, we're going to have proof that there is indeed a tweet for everything.  Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 years, sometimes it takes a few days, but there is always a tweet ... 
Florida up today with 119 per worldometers

i said early on desantis would be the only one to make trump look good...

Since March, 2 of the 5 places I've ventured to outside my neighborhood are Walmart and Home Depot. I've been waiting 7 days for my test results.

4 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Since March, 2 of the 5 places I've ventured to outside my neighborhood are Walmart and Home Depot. I've been waiting 7 days for my test results.

But South Austin's mom's house was one of the other three, so all bets off. 

Edited by Anastasis
possessives are hard.
  • Like 2

Just now, tchookem said:

ridiculous. and makes contact tracing pointless and impossible.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Anastasis said:

If you are responding to the anti-vax portion of his post, you are taking about reaching a group of people who think that Bill Gates is genetically encoding the mark of the beast into their DNA through a viral vaccine vector. You are not going to reach these people with your fancy antibody talk.  Write them off and move on, we have more pressing needs at the moment to worry about like maybe getting them to wear a fucking mask in the mean time. 

Well this just makes me want to listen to Spacehog.

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Wait what test results are taking 7 days?  I've been tested twice and got them back a day to 2 days later.  Everyone that I know who's been tested has been the same.

Yeah, it took me 2 days to get my test results.  But I'm in NJ.

Wait what test results are taking 7 days?  I've been tested twice and got them back a day to 2 days later.  Everyone that I know who's been tested has been the same.

It’s very location and supply dependent.

We’ve been doing in-house testing for 2-3 months and before our latest surge, test results were taking 24-48 hours.

But last week, we got an email saying we were running low on reagent and swabs and had to farm out a lot of testing to outside labs until our supply chain caught back up.

Results are now taking 5-7 days again.

It’s a clusterfuck.

And then we have this asshole.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gap03 said:

Dude he didn't start it at the 50, he started it at his own 20 when he still had 10 men to beat.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s very location and supply dependent.

We’ve been doing in-house testing for 2-3 months and before our latest surge, test results were taking 24-48 hours.

But last week, we got an email saying we were running low on reagent and swabs and had to farm out a lot of testing to outside labs until our supply chain caught back up.

Results are now taking 5-7 days again.

It’s a clusterfuck.

And then we have this asshole.

Wait . . . if he thinks the resistance to opening schools will hurt the Democrats, why would he advocate opening the schools?

The man is a fucking moron.  He can't even argue his own stupid point.

Not sure which thread this belongs in, or for that matter, which Trump press conferences the author has been watching.

What happens if President Trump contracts COVID-19

It would be important for the president to continue to communicate with the American public, especially if he is mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic. Seeing the president on camera can restore faith in his wellness, calm nervous Americans, stabilize stock markets (that would surely see a dip in the event of a positive test), and project to the world that the president remains well enough to execute the office.

Brookings Institute

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Took mine 6 days. Two weeks ago in Dallas at an urgent care. They contracted out to Quest and Quest was backed up. 

6 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It's so insane that we still have testing shortages at this point. 

I don't understand why there hasn't been more outcry for Dotard to use the DPA to fix this nonsense once and for all. 

The best testing. Phenomenal testing 

I am watching Dr. Redfield talk on CNN right now. The dude looks like he is in need of a 4 finger pour of single malt. It's hard to believe how the CDC went from a very respectable organization to a completely neutered organization that doesn't command very much respect.

Everything Trump touches turns to shit.

• Like 7