CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I don’t feel bad for these people, I really don’t.  You could make the case with the early cases that they didn’t know.  At this point you have all the info and you’re making a choice.  It’s like feeling sorry for a 2 pack a day guy who dies of lung cancer.

Not quite the same. Addiction is a bitch. You can feel sorry for the 2 pack a day guy. 

• Like 3

Nobody ever wore a mask before him. He was the first to think of it.  

And he was the first to promote mask wearing but his doctors told him he was so healthy the corona virus couldn’t live in his Jesus infused blood.

Be our guest
Be our guest
Put our cleaning to a test
Tie a mask around your face
If not we'll put your family in its place
Hand sanitizer
No need for winterizer
Summer in Florida with the Rona
It's ever hotter than Arizona

Be our guest
Be our guest
No need for herd immunity
We'll keep the rides spaced apart in our community

Be our guest
Be our guest
Be best!a568629478ef5b2e36c4758dd029a1a8.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Waldron is one of three commissioners who voted against a county-wide mask mandate for the county last week, but said he was not necessarily opposed to the requirement. He wanted the county administrators to answer questions about what kinds of masks are best and if the county had enough for all employees and citizens who come into government buildings.

Titanic crew-  Hey Capt. Smith, our scouts have spotted a huge iceburg and we are heading right towards it.  The crew votes that we take immediate evasive action!

Capt.  Smith-  Well only if you can tell me the exact degree of turn which will be most efficient in conserving our fuel and the exact number of mops available to clean any ice shards that may land on out deck, otherwise my only logical course of action is to vote against evasive maneuvers.

What kind of masks are best??  How about any fucking mask you can get is better than none.  And do you have enough for everyone??  Well maybe and maybe not, but if not we  can get more or restrict access to your building till more supplies are secured.  

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 2

I almost never go to DT to read anything because most of the topics aren’t of interest to me, but I went and read some of the Covid thread last night when I got in and holy hell there is a staggering amount of stupidity contained in it. There are posters there who are intentionally shielding themselves from actual data, science and accounts of what Covid has done in this country. 

• Like 2

From now on, any politician who downplays the threat should be required to inject it.  Anyone who wants us to obtain herd immunity the old fashioned way, should be the first cow in the herd. 

From now on, all voters who vote for republicans idiots should have their voting rights stripped away.
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Lower cognitive ability linked to non-compliance with social distancing guidelines during the coronavirus outbreak:

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/07/09/2008868117

Before vaccination and other intervention measures become available, successful containment of an unknown infectious disease critically relies on people’s voluntary compliance with the recommended social-distancing guidelines. This involves a decision process of prioritizing the merits of social distancing over its costs, which may depend on one’s ability to compare multiple pieces of potentially conflicting information regarding social distancing in working memory. Our data support this hypothesis, highlighting the critical role of one’s working memory capacity in social-distancing compliance during the early stage of the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. This observation reveals a core cognitive limitation in one’s response to a public health crisis and suggests a possible cognitive venue for the development of strategies to mitigate this challenge.

Not surprising. 

TLDR - Non-compliance with common sense guideline linked to cognitive deficits.

46 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nah, her plan is better.  Trump is a massive hindrance who makes things worse.  Santa would at least offer hope and stay out of the way.

True.

Santa wouldn't actively sabotage the country's response to the pandemic by disinforming the public with the falsehood that the pandemic was a hoax.

In defense of stupid, common sense is the enemy of this administration and has been undermined at every turn. We'll never know the outcome had there been clear, consistent messaging across state, local and federal government because that road was not taken. The dirt path of least resistance to Trump was. (I assume it's dirt anyway, because you'd need good intentions to pave it)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Okay, say for a second China actually unleashed a "weaponized virus" on the world. It's theoretically possible - those commies are crazy and are actively trying to take over the world. Does it change the fact that the Trump administration was caught wildly unprepared to handle a biological attack and has fallen flat on its face every step and turn of the way? No it doesn't and the Trump administration continues to engage in ticky-tack politics instead of addressing the actual issues at hand.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Lower cognitive ability linked to non-compliance with social distancing guidelines during the coronavirus outbreak:

That is consistent with the results of my own study, in which I confirmed that people who refuse to wear masks and believe coronavirus Is a hoax are fucking morons.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Cornyn is not getting voted out.

The tweet in the Texas reopening thread that says 61% of Texans thinks that Texas reopened too soon, but 63% think it's because Dotard pressured Abbott so they don't blame him, is exactly why he's not getting ousted. I will never understand many American voters. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The tweet in the Texas reopening thread that says 61% of Texans thinks that Texas reopened too soon, but 63% think it's because Dotard pressured Abbott so they don't blame him, is exactly why he's not getting ousted. I will never understand many American voters. 

Because republicans blaming Republicans means admitting fault in their own beliefs. If it’s one guy’s fault it’s easy to dismiss. If it’s multiple leaders, it’s a systemic issue within their party. Go with the former so you don’t have to question your own beliefs. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Cornyn currently has a substantial lead on West/Hegar, even as Trump is losing to Biden, WITHIN the state of Texas.

If Biden can pull current Texas polls but Cornyn's theoretical opponent can't, then Cornyn is gonna win going away.

Don’t underestimate the fact that suburban white women will vote out trump but still vote republican down ballot after that.

See DNAgal as example.

Sorry. No pics. She’s lives in Canada. You wouldn’t know her.

Edit

Realized I replied to the wrong post and now realize I replied to the post that is agreeing with what I wanted to say

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I mean, Abbott did give into pressure from Trump and the base that treats his every word as gospel. They're right about that. What I don't understand is why he gets a pass for that. Be a fucking leader and do what's right.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Cornyn currently has a substantial lead on West/Hegar, even as Trump is losing to Biden, WITHIN the state of Texas.

If Biden can pull current Texas polls but Cornyn's theoretical opponent can't, then Cornyn is gonna win going away.

Yep. Biden may come close or even win Texas but Cornyn will not sweat. Suburban GOP types for some reason are more than happy to throw out Trump but won't hold those who refused to stand up to him accountable.

It holds long-term electoral implications for this state as well. Texas will be hyped as an A-list swing state in 2024 after Biden replicate's Beto's margin. That will be bullshit, and the canary in the coal mine will be 2022 when whoever wins the Abbott/Potty Patrick primary wins going away. These voters will go back to the GOP as soon as a more conventionally polished candidate gets trotted out, even with the same Trumpy policy.