CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah I wouldn't have been as calm as that dude if someone was doing that to me

And at the end he says "sorry,"  to the audience, as if HE was the one in the wrong.  

Just a good man with a 3-year old daughter trying to make a living in the hardest way possible during a fucking pandemic and he's got to put up with this nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

When 'other' is dehumanized, they get treated as property, not worthy of having a right to personal space or agency. Treatment of service personnel in various industries, children (people coming up and touching them w/o permission), minorities, women. It is growing not lessening regardless of the pandemic and it's due to the dog whistles that emboldened those that feel that freedom from restraint is only theirs to possess.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit
  • Like 1

is this a joke, or do i have to explain the subtle differences between the 2016 and 2020 elections?

Trump’s sordid history, making fun of the handicapped, affairs, failures, and encouraging authoritarian tactics, and failure to comprehend was all out there front and center.

It wasn’t enough.

Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake is decent advice provided the audience is smart enough to comprehend. We are not.

So, no virus experts to speak during the so-called "coronavirus briefings" which means these are obviously campaigning slots for Trump.  No thanks, but I'm sure on one of these threads I'll be entertained by you poor souls who actually watch and transcribe moments.  "Entertained" while simultaneously horrified yet again, I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Because they're lying.

That's evergreen for everything anyone in the trump administration says.  Also, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Donny Two Scoops endures having a swab stuck way up his nose multiple times a day. 

There are more comfortable tests now. The one I took was a swab around my tonsils. But I agree dotard is lying. 

25 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Trump’s sordid history, making fun of the handicapped, affairs, failures, and encouraging authoritarian tactics, and failure to comprehend was all out there front and center.

It wasn’t enough.

Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake is decent advice provided the audience is smart enough to comprehend. We are not.

candidate trump =/= president trump (overseeing a complete meltdown on multiple fronts)

hillary clinton =/= joe biden

america in 2016 =/= america in 2020

not to mention the "joe hiding in the basement" thing is not even accurate.  i was joking about it because that's what team trump is claiming.  he's out in the world, he's introducing policy, he's doing just fine.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Some idiot on Orangebloods today informed me that masks "spur on one's viral load."

How fucking dumb you have to be to believe that? How anyone can navigate life being that ignorant and stupid is beyond me. 

That's been a thing since that fake documentary Plandemic released. 

These dangerous nutjobs live in your neighborhood.

Their kids go to school with your kids.

They go to your church.

051bfdf23b32eea0c7e4f879b0a2fdfd.jpg
dcaa0cfbb3d5e983ee570e897607ec69.jpg
e3a0a5f93f32b74c66dcabfd7aa88aac.jpg
996097b34f4b7be29981b093e52fc265.jpg

It blows my mind just how desperately these privileged people yearn to be a victim. They so badly want to oppressed because that’s easier than acknowledging people don't actually like them.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

SIAP ... did y'all see this bitch? How is this not assalt?  Posting Clayton Gardner's words underneath:

Clayton wrote:

About fifteen minutes into the show, this random lady walked around all of my gear to sneak up behind me. She made a request for an artist and I asked her to please get away from me several times. She then proceeded to grab me by my bandana and cough on me.

I handled it with class and as much patience as I could. I have practiced very safe hygiene and socially distanced myself from the start of Covid to protect my 3 year old daughter. In a matter of seconds this lady took that away from me.

I was honestly shocked and pretty defenseless sitting there holding my guitar. The audience was equally as shocked. I’m outraged by her behavior and the behavior of many others in our world today. I would much rather be at home but unfortunately I have to play some gigs to pay my bills, just like the rest of you. I can’t even do that safely and that’s disgraceful. I choose to take this virus seriously to protect myself and the ones I love. That is my right, and I don’t give a damn what anyone else thinks about it.

I’m sharing this video so you’ll know there are actually people like this in our world. I honestly don’t even know what else to say. I’ll let the video speak for itself.

If he had destroyed that guitar on her head and I was on the jury I'd vote to acquit.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oof.  That is painful.  It's like fan fiction for anti-vaxxers.

I checked out her FB page . . . she's an odd young woman.  Homeschooler, anti-vaxx, etc.  She's also an "author":

In the Dark of the Station

It was so poorly written I couldn’t tell if it was making its point or making satire out of it.

Or maybe that makes it unintentionally genius?

Nah it sucked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They go to your church.

It blows my mind just how desperately these privileged people yearn to be a victim. They so badly want to oppressed because that’s easier than acknowledging people don't actually like them.

This. They so desperately want to be important and meaningful that they have to manufacture fictional heroic struggles for themselves.
These are pathetic, sad little people. And there are a shitload of them.
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Back when the Easter case count poll was started, I began posting the states with 100 plus deaths. I think when the poll ended on April 12, Easter, there were around 16 states maybe that had at minimum 100 deaths. I didn't go back and look for the thread to make sure, so it may be off by a state or two.

I wasn't trying to be macabre, it was a way of noting that each life taken is measurable in the collective loss to a family, a neighborhood, a town, a state, a nation.

It is something that the President (and I am going to lump Kudlow and Navarro in there too, because they are sick sonsuvbitchs) will never ever grasp. He cannot and it is futile to think he will. Hell, if his namesake died, do you think he would be sad? Or his wife? I don't.

I hope the toll is on the low side. Mask usage is increasing and that is positive and a few R governors are bucking Trump but there is school. School is going to be the big test and the results of the NIH study on children and spread will not have had much time for data.

Easter!!! Remember when Mr.Trump said he wanted the nation "opened up and just raring to go by Easter."

"I thought it was a beautiful time. A beautiful timeline," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/politics/trump-easter-economy-coronavirus/index.html

^^^reading this CNN report from March 24th now.. just mind bottling.

Edited by yoladu

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

They go to your church.

Thats the dumbest shit I have ever heard. 

However, I have multiple relatives posting bullshit about Christianity being under attack this week, so maybe there is some bullshit lie making the rounds that I missed.

Sometimes, I like to think we have gotten better over time, and that war isn't still required to reset backward thinking.  Posts like this make me think I'm wrong. 

They go to your church.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7nfkh35e9de5hvyvausi1vxxx3r9xj1uj276h5eqm&rid=giphy.gif
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

My man using [mention]Brisketexan [/mention]‘s favorite descriptor of the GOP.

Is Brisket actually Beto?!???!

Weird considering the rules and practices enforced in NY actually did cause fatalities.

Material proof of crimes:

Can anyone tell me what the difference in CFR between NY and TX is?  I'll hang up and listen.

to kinda change the subject, what's the latest on the stimulus conversations?  i don't know if there's a different thread on it, but from a political perspective, it doesn't seem like the pubs could be handling this any worse.  all the headlines read like the trump admin is fighting with senate r's over the package.

considering the polling for trump is so shitty that it's certain to affect down-ballot republicans, this can't be what any of them wanted.

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

to kinda change the subject, what's the latest on the stimulus conversations?  i don't know if there's a different thread on it, but from a political perspective, it doesn't seem like the pubs could be handling this any worse.  all the headlines read like the trump admin is fighting with senate r's over the package.

considering the polling for trump is so shitty that it's certain to affect down-ballot republicans, this can't be what any of them wanted.

The. GOP can’t get the deficit hawks on board, the WH keeps Changing its ask, and Trump is insisting on a payroll tax cut, which no one wants.

Pelosi is basically “I’ll be here when you get your shit together, but the longer you wait, the more it’s gonna cost.”

So, nowhere.  I figure early mid August at the earliest.

• Like 2