CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

DALLAS (KXAN) — A Dallas man who hosted family members in June, under the thought COVID-19 was a hoax, now regrets that after one member died and 13 others tested positive for the virus, with one on life support.

According the a report by NBC, Tony Green invited his partner’s parents over to his house for a party June 13. Green admitted no one wore masks, as he thought “the mainstream media and the Democrats were using it [COVID-19} to create panic, crash the economy and destroy Trump’s chances at re-election.”

The next day, Green felt sick. Two days later, his partner of nine years and parents felt sick. However, his partner’s parents, whom Green considers his in-laws even though he and his partner aren’t married, still went to Austin for the birth of their first grandchild, the report says.

Two other family members went to Austin with the in-laws. Both got sick. The parents of the newborn also got sick. The newborn didn’t, Green said.

Everyone tested positive for coronavirus, Green said. He and his father-in-law, Rafael Ceja, were admitted to a hospital June 24, and then Ceja’s mother was admitted to the same hospital later on. She was one of the family members who traveled from Dallas to Austin with Green’s in-laws.

The mother died of COVID-19 complications on July 2, Green said. She was in the room next to her son, and her son didn’t even know she was there. Ceja learned later that day she died, Green said. Only 10 family members could attend her funeral two days later, Green said.

Ceja is still on life support as of July 27, according to a GoFundMe page that Green set up.

Two of Ceja’s sisters, one of his nephews and a brother-in-law had all contracted the virus bringing the total number of infected family members to 14, Green said.

Twelve family members have either recovered or are in various stages of recovery, Green said.

“I cannot help but feel responsible for convincing our families it was safe to have a get-together,” Green told NBC News in a phone interview. “There’s a lot of things that I would have done differently.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/14-dallas-family-members-get-covid-19-after-virus-deniers-party-1-dead-and-another-on-life-support/

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

DALLAS (KXAN) — A Dallas man who hosted family members in June, under the thought COVID-19 was a hoax, now regrets that after one member died and 13 others tested positive for the virus, with one on life support.

According the a report by NBC, Tony Green invited his partner’s parents over to his house for a party June 13. Green admitted no one wore masks, as he thought “the mainstream media and the Democrats were using it [COVID-19} to create panic, crash the economy and destroy Trump’s chances at re-election.”

The next day, Green felt sick. Two days later, his partner of nine years and parents felt sick. However, his partner’s parents, whom Green considers his in-laws even though he and his partner aren’t married, still went to Austin for the birth of their first grandchild, the report says.

Two other family members went to Austin with the in-laws. Both got sick. The parents of the newborn also got sick. The newborn didn’t, Green said.

Everyone tested positive for coronavirus, Green said. He and his father-in-law, Rafael Ceja, were admitted to a hospital June 24, and then Ceja’s mother was admitted to the same hospital later on. She was one of the family members who traveled from Dallas to Austin with Green’s in-laws.

The mother died of COVID-19 complications on July 2, Green said. She was in the room next to her son, and her son didn’t even know she was there. Ceja learned later that day she died, Green said. Only 10 family members could attend her funeral two days later, Green said.

Ceja is still on life support as of July 27, according to a GoFundMe page that Green set up.

Two of Ceja’s sisters, one of his nephews and a brother-in-law had all contracted the virus bringing the total number of infected family members to 14, Green said.

Twelve family members have either recovered or are in various stages of recovery, Green said.

“I cannot help but feel responsible for convincing our families it was safe to have a get-together,” Green told NBC News in a phone interview. “There’s a lot of things that I would have done differently.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/14-dallas-family-members-get-covid-19-after-virus-deniers-party-1-dead-and-another-on-life-support/

In more positive news, the face eating cougars are thriving. 2020 has offered rich hunting ground.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ignorance is deadly you dumb f’ks. I can’t understand the stupid in this country. People are dying from a hoax. 

Edited by Mdhorn

5 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Ignorance is deadly you dumb f’ks. I can’t understand the stupid in this country. People are dying from a hoax. 

Suicide by stupidity has a chance at becoming a leading cause of death in this country.  Pretty on-brand for 2020.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Remember when folks like this were in such a small group we'd chuckle as we read about them in some form of a Darwin Awards email chain?  You'd even suspect "nah, they're making that up.  Nobody's that stupid."

Now one of 'em is our fucking President of all things.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

17 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Well at least the man feels remorse and says that he would have done things differently had he known that his relatives would get sick and die, so at least he learned something. 

2 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Remember when folks like this were in such a small group we'd chuckle as we read about them in some form of a Darwin Awards email chain?  You'd even suspect "nah, they're making that up.  Nobody's that stupid."

Now one of 'em is our fucking President of all things.

One of the more flabbergasting aspects of this, assuming the guy is a Trumpkin, is that he is pretty clearly gay.  Another instance of people supporting politicians against their interest.

38 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Here's one particular level of the stupidity of these folks that I just don't get.  Let's assume, for just a second, that you hear that theory and it makes sense to you.  But then, you do, say, 20 seconds of googling.  You find multiple sources that AREN'T "lamestream media" like CNN and such reporting on massive outbreaks of a deadly virus in China, Italy, and Spain.  So....they're all in on a hoax......to help a political party....in another country?  The whole world is in on some vast conspiracy to make Trump look bad?  How fucking vain and self-absorbed are these ignorant fucksticks?  

"That hurricane just hit Puerto Rico just to make Trump look bad."  The fucking self-centered world view is fucking psychopathic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Suicide by stupidity has a chance at becoming a leading cause of death in this country.  Pretty on-brand for 2020.

Also homicide by stupidity. Trump and every republican trying to downplay it or refusing to require safety protocols should be held responsible for all the deaths they are causing. I say white house lawn public hangings. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Well at least the man feels remorse and says that he would have done things differently had he known that his relatives would get sick and die, so at least he learned something. 

It was fine until it happened to his family.  A rather expensive learning moment to find compassion. I guess it's better late than like Stephen Miller and never.

Edited by Mdhorn

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's one particular level of the stupidity of these folks that I just don't get.  Let's assume, for just a second, that you hear that theory and it makes sense to you.  But then, you do, say, 20 seconds of googling.  You find multiple sources that AREN'T "lamestream media" like CNN and such reporting on massive outbreaks of a deadly virus in China, Italy, and Spain.  So....they're all in on a hoax......to help a political party....in another country?  The whole world is in on some vast conspiracy to make Trump look bad?  How fucking vain and self-absorbed are these ignorant fucksticks?  

"That hurricane just hit Puerto Rico just to make Trump look bad."  The fucking self-centered world view is fucking psychopathic.

The christian school's faculty where my sister teaches in Texas voted to reopen the school in the fall and not wear masks because the masks would scare the kids.  Also, there's a lot of construction going on so there will be a bunch of workers roaming around as well.  I told her she may want to quit teaching there if she values life.  She's a both sideser.  

Edited by Mdhorn

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yeah but by then we had won this already. It's only because of the protesters that this got out of hand again. 

The news that Kushner and others didn't care about how Covid ravaged New York, New Jersey and Michigan doesn't shock me. When you dehumanize your opponent to the extent they have, their supporters really didn't care either that it was affecting New York. They were just waiting to see how they could blame it on the libtards. Now, it's not so funny as it literally burns through their states. 

I'm just now reading up on this story.  Holy shit.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/how-jared-kushners-secret-testing-plan-went-poof-into-thin-air

Thoroughly shameful.  They willingly chose to let people die because they were hoping it would fuck up the "blue" states.  Criminal.  And unfortunately, that is not just their mentality but the mentality of every Trumpkin out there.   This is why I personally don't give one flying fuck about those stories with the "Trump supporter admits they were wrong on their deathbed or after their family died" themes.  Fuck them.  Its still "the wrong people are being hurt" mentality over and over.  

I guess I'm being hypocritical because I'm in danger of developing a similar mentality about them. 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One of the more flabbergasting aspects of this, assuming the guy is a Trumpkin, is that he is pretty clearly gay.  Another instance of people supporting politicians against their interest.

Yeah this has been all over the gay press. I had no idea it was Texas because I long ago stopped giving clicks to gay republican stories. This guy has been proven wrong, once again, for listening to Republicans and buying their bullshit. He may feel remorse for this specific issue but he will be right back buying the next line of bullshit the Republicans trot out. Hopefully the next time doesn’t kill anyone but him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not really. Pretty much all male republicans nowadays are either gay or repressed closeted gay. See rick Perry, Dan Patrick and senator ladybugs. Most are the latter repressed type which is why you’re apparently surprised. This guy is just one of the more honest ones. Then you have your asexuals like Moscow Mitch and ted Cruz. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Is Gym Jordan on literally every single committee in the House?

What an obnoxious fuck. He puts on the same exasperated display of rude sophistry everytime I see him. He's a bullying prick using his committee position to interrupt and talk down to his intellectual betters while, clearly, believing he is one clever S.O.B.

I wish there was comeuppance in the world. I so wish he'd come face to face with a real hardass who'd spit right back into his cowardly eye. 

I don't see hairstylists burning down buildings or hurting police officers, why shouldn't they be allowed to catch and spread a disease? Huh? What's the deal with that? Answer my question! Why don't you shut down protesters instead of business owners? Huh?

He's an insufferable prick who is a hero to pussies like Ted Cruz who would gladly hold Gym's coat if he had one.

• Hook 'Em 4

Wisconsin's Democratic governor issued a statewide indoor mask mandate yesterday.

The (insanely gerrymandered) Republican-dominated state legislature hasn't passed a bill since April 15 (despite ya know, a global pandemic, Depression-level unemployment, etc.) but now they suddenly want to meet to try and block the order through legislation. Previously, the only action they took was to sue Gov Evers' stay-at-home order, which was struck down by what has become their pet Supreme Court. (A new Supreme Court justice, a Democrat who won by a wide margin in April, will be sworn in on Monday.)

Gym Jordan apparently doesn't understand that (a) Dr. Fauci does not set government policy and (b) Donald Trump's administration does, along with state governments.
That entire exchange was pointless and complete waste of time.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wife and I just discussed that. Log Cabin Republicans are rare as fudge.

Based on that alone I think the story is fake.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Not really. Pretty much all male republicans nowadays are either gay or repressed closeted gay. See rick Perry, Dan Patrick and senator ladybugs.

Dan's favorite state senator is the lesbian Donna Campbell (oops, sorry if we aren't sposed to out people), but she does in fact live with her partner.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Gym Jordan apparently doesn't understand that (a) Dr. Fauci does not set government policy and (b) Donald Trump's administration does, along with state governments.

Oh he understands 100% completely.
But it doesn't help him grandstand and certainly doesn't help him with Trump and fellow Republicans to call them out. So he has to propose silly questions to someone that doesn't set policy.

20 minutes ago, Smax said:
3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That entire exchange was pointless and complete waste of time.

You just described every time Gym Jordan has questioned any one in a hearing, ever.

Scalise was more polite, yet equally offensive in his courtroom tactics where he asked Fauci a bunch of questions where Fauci had to admit that what Trump DID do were good decisions.

None of the Dem followups really did a good job of changing their pre-arranged line of questioning to getting Fauci to talk about what Trump DIDN'T do, which is the whole story.  Once again, most Dems are ineffectual pansies.

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Dem's won't change as long as nancy is still breathing. She'll keep an iron grip on the party to ensure it never actually gets anything fucking done.

I get this sentiment, but these hearings are pointless. The best thing you can do is not score an own goal. No law or policy change is coming. Make a solid point or two, but nothing that comes close to giving them a soundbite for a campaign ad.

When your opponent is making an ass of himself, the best thing you can do is keep him talking.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So aside from the 14 members of this shit-for-brains family that he infected, how many people in Austin and Dallas and all points in-between did they get too? Thankfully the baby avoided it.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

So aside from the 14 members of this shit-for-brains family that he infected, how many people in Austin and Dallas and all points in-between did they get too? Thankfully the baby avoided it.

The baby could have it too just not showing signs. If both the parents have it I see a very little chance the baby didn't get it. It might be something that manifests itself in health problems as the baby gets older. 

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The entire trump family should be publicly executed by cobras. Put those cunts into a MMA cage, then dump a hundred cobras in. 

You forgot the Pay Per View aspect to help pay down our National Debt. "Get your tickets to Trumpacobra 2020!"

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The entire trump family should be publicly executed by cobras. Put those cunts into a MMA cage, then dump a hundred cobras in. 

At minimum, they should be in prison.  Obvs, for multiple reasons.  But the moment they said "fuck it, let the blue state people die," they are guilty of murder.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

At minimum, they should be in prison.  Obvs, for multiple reasons.  But the moment they said "fuck it, let the blue state people die," they are guilty of murder.

The only thing they're guilty of is owning you, snowflake libtard

RE: Kodak getting a shitpot full of money to reinvent themselves in the Age of Covid, and who benefited financially:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/business/kodak-ceo-stock-options.html

At the beginning of this week, the Eastman Kodak Company handed its chief executive 1.75 million stock options.

It was the type of compensation decision that generally wouldn’t attract much notice, except for one thing: The day after the stock options were granted, the White House announced that the company would receive a $765 million federal loan to produce ingredients to make pharmaceuticals in the United States.

The news of the deal caused Kodak’s shares to soar more than 1,000 percent. Within 48 hours of the options grants, their value had ballooned, at least on paper, to about $50 million.

The government loan is part of a broader federal effort to increase the country’s ability to respond to the coronavirus and future pandemics.

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Snakes won't do it.  Like sharks and lawyers, professional courtesy.   Although cobras are natural enemies of the mongoose, which resembles a weasel, which resembles any trump.  

• Hook 'Em 1