CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Yeah, she's right.  His "pledge" to surrender all gains (to what or whom?) is about as toothful as Donald's "pledge" to turn over his POTUS salary.  

The rules are clear.  He's dancing on the head of a pin, with great concern and gravitas, I might add.  LMAO.

Edited by jimmyjazz

i mean we are literally Diez Dias between Diez y seis and this recent spike.  Obviously illegal immigrants are to blame.  

or that other weird thing that happens in early September every year in every corner of our nation.  

that’s right...Cinco de Septmayo

New highs in Wisconsin, Montana and South Dakota this weekend (and maybe Utah but the article isn't clear if it's a local peak or an overall peak).

Also estimated that only 10% of americans have been exposed (tho the study is dialysis patients so I wonder if there's a selection bias - on the one hand they might be more inclined to stay home but on the other they largely can't)

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/09/26/917275615/covid-19-cases-on-the-rise-in-nearly-half-the-u-s

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

New highs in Wisconsin, Montana and South Dakota this weekend (and maybe Utah but the article isn't clear if it's a local peak or an overall peak).

Also estimated that only 10% of americans have been exposed (tho the study is dialysis patients so I wonder if there's a selection bias - on the one hand they might be more inclined to stay home but on the other they largely can't)

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/09/26/917275615/covid-19-cases-on-the-rise-in-nearly-half-the-u-s

Yeah, I'd take the under.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I think 10% is a good number to get some action.  I'll take the over, but it's a close call, I think.

What's important to remember is, no matter what the number, we all lose.  Because 2020.

Agree its a good line. I am going under since dialysis patients are over representative of higher COVID risk racial and ethnic minorities, but if the under hits it's probably not by a whole lot. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I think 10% is a good number to get some action.  I'll take the over, but it's a close call, I think.

What's important to remember is, no matter what the number, we all lose.  Because 2020.

So if true does that mean we only need 2 million more dead to achieve “herd mentality?” 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They made a list of more than 30 celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift and Billy Joel to appear in their ad campaign to "inspire hope" about coronavirus, but they ended up with only Dennis Quaid, CeCe Winans and Hasidic singer Shulem Lemmer.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Yeah, how fucked are we that I thought, "Well, I bet they at least got Randy Quaid.  Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd, it's Dennis.  Well at least they probably get a famous Hasidic singer like Matisyahu.  Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd, it's Shulem Lemmer."  

19 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Twitter comes through from time to time.

"HCQ worked best in our trial among those who were randomized to HCQ but who did not take it."  LOFL

OUCH, that is going to leave a mark! Thanks Anastasis. That some who claim to understand science still cling to their beliefs in spite of mountains of high quality evidence is utterly beyond my comprehension.

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Wisconsin had their worst covid day to date yesterday.  It has blown up in several of their college towns.

It sure looks like there's a natural cycle of this disease and our population -- an initial spike, and then a second spike.  The timing clearly varies, but the mid-summer spike Texas saw?  Everyone else is going to see one, too (except maybe NY, because they had such a large first spike).  It's going to be interesting to see if Wisconsin's second spike looks like what we saw in July or so.