CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

First direct relative tested positive for me. An aunt in Washington state.  She’s a FEMA volunteer and has been helping with COVID testing sites.  Strictly logistical/paperwork stuff, nothing directly involved with testing or sick people. She’s careful, masks up everywhere, avoids everything non essential. This virus sucks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

First direct relative tested positive for me. An aunt in Washington state.  She’s a FEMA volunteer and has been helping with COVID testing sites.  Strictly logistical/paperwork stuff, nothing directly involved with testing or sick people. She’s careful, masks up everywhere, avoids everything non essential. This virus sucks. 

My niece had it very early on and fortunately it was a pretty easy experience - she's young, so it isn't surprising.  There hasn't been anything else in the family.  I did, however, just have the first death in my near orbit: a local doctor who before Covid sang in the choir with me and was a fantastic musician; we often sat next to each other during rehearsals and shared a warm, casual if not particularly deep fellowship. 

Sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, grazinhorn said:

My niece had it very early on and fortunately it was a pretty easy experience - she's young, so it isn't surprising.  There hasn't been anything else in the family.  I did, however, just have the first death in my near orbit: a local doctor who before Covid sang in the choir with me and was a fantastic musician; we often sat next to each other during rehearsals and shared a warm, casual if not particularly deep fellowship. 

Sucks. 

Yea, my aunt is about to turn 67.  I had my mom get some local contacts from her so we can do some checkups if she doesn’t answer the phone. So far she just feels shitty, congested head. She said if she feels anything fucking with her lungs/breathing she’s heading to the hospital.  

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Oh, you’re a scientist? 

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that the problem with COVID 19 is that it's not 100% fatal.  Human beings aren't worthy of being the dominant life form on this planet.  Time to die off, let evolution have another go at it.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

You first. 

Oh, when the more effective plague comes, I doubt we'll have the luxury of picking our time.  It'll be a jar full of black beans we get to draw from.  Once you put enough "stupid" into the recipe, it doesn't matter what other ingredients you add -- it's just a big steaming bowl of "stupid."

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Oh, when the more effective plague comes, I doubt we'll have the luxury of picking our time.  It'll be a jar full of black beans we get to draw from.  Once you put enough "stupid" into the recipe, it doesn't matter what other ingredients you add -- it's just a big steaming bowl of "stupid."

I’m in it for the long haul. No need to get too depressed by the lowest common denominator. 

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

I’m in it for the long haul. No need to get too depressed by the lowest common denominator. 

But those are who kill the rest of us.  All it takes is a few people shitting in the public water supply to get everyone sick, so to speak.  The lowest common denominator is the dominant life form.

I’ve had a hard time sleeping since thanksgiving. I just keep going over the insane conversations I had with my folks about Covid. How do two intelligent, well read people become complete science deniers in their 70’s and how did I come out of these people? Depressing. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But those are who kill the rest of us.  All it takes is a few people shitting in the public water supply to get everyone sick, so to speak.  The lowest common denominator is the dominant life form.

It’s going to burn through (with the help of a vaccine(s)). You just have to stick it out long enough. I mean there isn’t really another option at this point. 

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’ve had a hard time sleeping since thanksgiving. I just keep going over the insane conversations I had with my folks about Covid. How do two intelligent, well read people become complete science deniers in their 70’s and how did I come out of these people? Depressing. 

Fox News on TV, Rush Limbaugh on the radio, and Facebook on the net. 

All three have made a whole shitpile of money turning our parents into complete ignorant zombies. Like hundreds of billions of dollars. 

‘Merica. Love it or leave it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

It’s going to burn through (with the help of a vaccine(s)). You just have to stick it out long enough. I mean there isn’t really another option at this point. 

There's not.  We've just seen, in neon-brightness, what a shitty, shitty species we are.  Not only will people continue to shit in the public water supply, they'll do it on purpose and with pride, because "E Coli is fake news!  I'm a scientist!  If you don't let me shit wherever I want, my butthole will explode!  Freedom liberty eagle gun!"  

Many have said hyperbolically in the past "what we need is a good plague."  Obviously, that was incorrect.  Because a good plague doesn't kill stupid people at any higher rate than others -- but it sure as shit uses them as its preferred vector.  

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

More recently, he dished out on two lakefront properties on Lake Tahoe, which cost a combined $59 million. One of the houses, called the Brushwood Estate, is 5,233 square feet and on six acres. The property features a guest house and a private dock.

93ce3763-69bf-48e2-9b95-9949096d621f_scr

BUY BUSHWOOD?!?!?!?!?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Fox News on TV, Rush Limbaugh on the radio, and Facebook on the net. 

All three have made a whole shitpile of money turning our parents into complete ignorant zombies. Like hundreds of billions of dollars. 

‘Merica. Love it or leave it. 

Bruh, open your eyes. Facebook is just a propaganda machine for the radical left, practicing Orwellian censorship on opposing viewpoints. Even complete bad faith bullshit should be open for social media "discussion." Your crazy aunt is just doing her part to get the real truth out there!

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

More recently, he dished out on two lakefront properties on Lake Tahoe, which cost a combined $59 million. One of the houses, called the Brushwood Estate, is 5,233 square feet and on six acres. The property features a guest house and a private dock.

Johnny Ola should send another hit squad.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Black beans taste like dirt and I don’t like them.   There I said it.  Revoke my Cuban card or whatever.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that the problem with COVID 19 is that it's not 100% fatal.  Americans aren't worthy of being the dominant life form on this planet.  Time to die off, let evolution have another go at it.

Plenty of countries that are handling this like champs. Americans are among the biggest percentage of chumps

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1