CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

37 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Holding out hope that that is just a joke. 

It’s real, and it’s spectacular. 

Extended video. 

“Sooner, and safer”

They’ve been working many months hand in hand with Microsoft to crack this unsolvable code around how to open schools.

With their help they’ll be able to maybe open schools soon, over a year after Covid hit and one full school year after millions of kids already went back. And, they’ll manage to do it in the creepiest way possible. Again, thanks Microsoft Corporation. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

It’s real, and it’s spectacular. 

Extended video. 

“Sooner, and safer”

They’ve been working many months hand in hand with Microsoft to crack this unsolvable code around how to open schools.

With their help they’ll be able to maybe open schools soon, over a year after Covid hit and one full school year after millions of kids already went back. And, they’ll manage to do it in the creepiest way possible. Again, thanks Microsoft Corporation. 

I don't think some of you anti-vaxxers understand how LA moms with K-2 kids expect this (in a school system with kids of every socioeconomic sector). 

The LA moms squeak - a lot. That is pretty standard in most modern school districts who have installed the infrastructure. Your mileage may vary. 

But if the objection is - we meddle?   Not yet. But this is not the battle below:

Good movie and series by the way. A space western. Dystopic but a fun ride. Funny characters, except for the serious one - River Tam. 

Hook 'em

Edited by washparkhorn

that's fucking huge.  It's harder to bring those two together than it is to bring many political factions together (many, not most).  Between Merck's targeted manufacturing prowess, and J&J logistical chops...this may be the one we need to put us over the top in Summer.  We're gonna need more 'shrooms for the Labor Day orgy/vodka binge.  

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

he must have read The Art of the Deal

If that were the case, he'd have bankrupted Merck (pretty tough to do given their balance sheet, but I bet Trump could find a way) and then trade Herschel Walker to Johnson & Johnson for a box of varied band-aids.  I love how Trump announced at the outset of his election lawsuits that he has a great record in the courts and usually gets his way, pointing to his USFL anti-trust against the NFL.  Which, to his credit, he and his side did win.  And were then awarded the cost of a box of JNJ band-aids, $3.  

Anyway, kudos to Biden and his team on this.  We get some peer pressure on the anti-vaxxer Trump crowd to bump up to reasonable levels, we can be through all the at-risk groups by end of summer.  

Temp checks aren't really a good screen, but mask wearing in my experience has been worst with the the SA area teams (looking at you Boerne in particular). 
Yeah SA in general has been more careful than I would expect. Maybe all the obesity.

Boerne/ New Braunfels don't give a flying fuck.

We skipped the tourney in late Jan in Houston because I know the good conservative people of Montgomery Co, and fuck that noise.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Don’t worry. He won’t die because of this order. Others will, but rules for thee and all that 

Are we saying anything about kids dying or being harmed because of schools being closed in some less enlightened jurisdictions? Or is that a no go?

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Don’t worry. He won’t die because of this order. Others will, but rules for thee and all that 

Look, something has to take some attention off of his PUC appointed SHITPILE

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Are we saying anything about kids dying or being harmed because of schools being closed in some less enlightened jurisdictions? Or is that a no go?

Do you know about some secrete crematorium of all these dead Texas schoolchildren you keep bringing up?  We are going to need to pour billions in the next few years to get kids counseling, caught up academically, tutoring, healthier, etc.  But I just don't see this pile of dead bodies you keep talking about in Texas.  Only en masse deaths I see of schoolkids is from school shootings, and thankfully---mother nature has hit pause on those for the time being.  

Wait, is the crematorium of dead schoolchildren buried underneath the place where the liberal cabal drink their blood first to prevent Trump from retaking the Oval?  

Just now, Lobo said:

Do you know about some secrete crematorium of all these dead Texas schoolchildren you keep bringing up?  We are going to need to pour billions in the next few years to get kids counseling, caught up academically, tutoring, healthier, etc.  But I just don't see this pile of dead bodies you keep talking about in Texas.  Only en masse deaths I see of schoolkids is from school shootings, and thankfully---mother nature has hit pause on those for the time being.  

Wait, is the crematorium of dead schoolchildren buried underneath the place where the liberal cabal drink their blood first to prevent Trump from retaking the Oval?  

Our schools are open here. Not sure what you’re talking about. I was referencing other parts of the country who disregard the importance of schools for children. Especially poorer ones. 

• Fuck You 1

Yeah, I was surprised to see how many states at this juncture are still fully closed with schools.  I am grateful that ours gave us 'School Choice' and we made the best decision each quarter for our family.  Almost takes the stink off my insane property tax bill.  First quarter was a learning pod my wife and I built with 4 kids.  Second quarter was completely remote and both the teachers and our daughter did kick-ass.  Fourth quarter will be fully in-person (though today's announcements are not HELPING BOB!).  Third quarter will hopefully end up being the only shitty one.  She just got online fatigue, the teachers kinda mailed it in part of the time for the at-home kids, and January and February were colder and drearier than normal so the usual playtime in our street with the other school kids was severely cut back.  

I really hope we use this as a chance to provide a real infrastructure to help kids not just academically, but mentally, socially, health-wise, communication, all of it.  I think the impetus will be there once the economy gets roaring again but I hope we keep it up for a full generation.  I mean our education system blows for ever normal kids, it's 10x as worse for kids with legitimate issues.  

Welp, I found a CVS in Bay City TX that will shoot me up on Friday.  It's a 3+ hour drive from Austin.

So, how long does it take for the side effects to kick in?  I'd really not rather be on the road when that happens, and I have to do this one solo.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Welp, I found a CVS in Bay City TX that will shoot me up on Friday.  It's a 3+ hour drive from Austin.

So, how long does it take for the side effects to kick in?  I'd really not rather be on the road when that happens, and I have to do this one solo.

You'll be fine for both shots.  Unless you anaphylaxis in the parking lot during your 15m post shot observation period. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You'll be fine for both shots.  Unless you anaphylaxis in the parking lot during your 15m post shot observation period. 

Fortunately for me, I have a dual epi-pen holsters, and fresh doses.  

Cover me boys, I'm going in.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

HEB to no longer require customers to wear masks.  I'd hate to be a cashier. They are going to be exposed to people who don't wear masks for eight hours per day.

FUCK HEB.

heb is being very undude. i'm surprised as hell by this move. they've done such a good job on things to date. why the fuck?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

heb is being very undude. i'm surprised as hell by this move. they've done such a good job on things to date. why the fuck?

Abbott fucked them.  And fucked a lot of other businesses as well.  Our comfortable level with take out just went down if there is no confidence in safety protocols behind foot prep, and we've been slamming the fuck out of take out lately.