CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

As long as they're big enough to beat the everloving fuck out of antivaxxers, I like 'em too.

Simmer down bt. Go get a dozen raw and 5# of tails on the patio with a cold beer.  Live is good. Focus on re-entry, worry less about the nonsense you can't and will never be able to control. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Simmer down bt. Go get a dozen raw and 5# of tails on the patio with a cold beer.  Live is good. Focus on re-entry, worry less about the nonsense you can't and will never be able to control. 

Thanks for putting into sharp relief that our lives -- and whether we'll be able to fully re-open our society, travel, etc. -- is at the mercy of the choices of morons, who make up 40% of our country and will refuse the vaccines that could actually get us where we need to be.  We are at the mercy of morons.   No amount of oysters and beer will change that.

On 4/5/2021 at 4:40 PM, lemonlime said:

If you actually gave a damn about quality reporting, instead of just being an asshole you would shut up about this.  After holding water for a president who spent years yelling "FAKE NEWS," even when there was video evidence it was real, and lying constantly, you have lost any and all credibility on the subject.  You're commenting on journalistic integrity or Cuomo isn't going to lead anyone who hasn't drunk orange Kool-Aid  to anything but knee jerk defense of what happened because of your blatant hypocrisy.  If you actually gave a damn about journalistic integrity or sexual assault or protecting elderly nursing home patients, and given your other posts over the past year or so you plainly don't, you'd shut up and let the adults do the talking.

Curious. Can you list some of these proven lies while in office. Genuinely curious. 

• Fuck You 5

49 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Curious. Can you list some of these proven lies while in office. Genuinely curious. 

I could post hundreds of lie about Covid alone. It's hard to pick a favorite, but certainly when he announced in late January of 2020 that "we have it (Covid-19) totally under control now,"  has got to be up there, given that more than 550 thousand people have died from it.

• Hook 'Em 2

When attempting to modify health behaviors, sometimes the carrot, others the stick. I like carrots. 

We can’t mandate vaccination.

(At an effing hospital! Don’t get me started!)

BUT - every employee gets a $75 discount on their bi-weekly health insurance contribution when they get their annual flu shot.

We just announced and additional $100 discount on their bi-weekly health insurance contribution with proof of Covid vaccination that will be in effect for two years.

So I’ll be getting a discount of $350 per month on my portion of my health insurance costs. My health insurance will basically be free for the next two years.

Carrots are going to be much more effective than sticks at this point in the vaccination rollout.
  • Hook 'Em 7

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Carrots are going to be much more effective than sticks at this point in the vaccination rollout.

Yep. We’re at that point. Some people are still not able to get past negative messaging. Incentives are worth while but only get us so far. We need consistent positive messaging. 

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Yep. We’re at that point. Some people are still not able to get past negative messaging. Incentives are worth while but only get us so far. We need consistent positive messaging. 

Incentives work 

image.png

Edited by Neonmoon

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Spoiler

It didn't rain on his inauguration

The coronavirus was under control

Sharpiegate

The Boy Scouts address was "the greatest ever made to them"

Rep. Ilhan Omar supports al Qaeda

The trade deficit with China used to be $500 billion

The burly crying men who had never cried before

Trump didn't know about the payment to Stormy Daniels

Trump ended family separation

Biden will destroy protections for pre-existing conditions

He got Veterans Choice

Windmill noise causes cancer

The healthcare plan was coming in two weeks

Trump was once named Michigan's Man of the Year

Trump won the election

I have a file on my computer and can fill in the details of any of these section headings you might be curious about.

12 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Bullshit.  But here's a long list someone took the time to compile.  And was the first hit on a google search if you were truly curious.  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/11/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

46 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Bullshit.  But here's a long list someone took the time to compile.  And was the first hit on a google search if you were truly curious.  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/11/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

The overwhelming majority of these were about Covid and “coach speak”. 

Almost every politician, doctor and statistician that has gone on TV to talk about Covid has been wrong about Covid over the last year. The same list could be done for Fauci. 

“Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks,” Fauci confidently informed the interviewer Dr. Jon LaPook. Pressed for clarification, Fauci went on.

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

Such statements are jarring based on what we know has been recommended in the time since. So why the big change? Was it an error based on inaccurate information? Did the good doctor feel any pang of regret for the misguided advice that could have led to increased disease spread early on?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonherald.com/2020/12/27/fauci-falters-on-consistent-coronavirus-message/amp/

top of the Google search page 

Biden was vaccinated when he made this remark 

‘Verbal stumble’ or blatant lie? Biden says US had no vaccine when he took office as new admin criticizes Trump’s jab rollout

https://www.rt.com/usa/515771-biden-no-vaccine-claim-covid/

all politicians lie, exaggerate or use “context” 

Biden ran on Covid response, saying how bad the current administration was doing, and that he would be the difference. 

Also Joe:

Biden says nothing can change the trajectory of the Covid pandemic over the next several months

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/22/biden-says-nothing-can-change-the-trajectory-of-covid-pandemic-over-the-next-several-months.html

Don’t blame either for trying to be positive. 

Harris announces her run for presidency and her major platform initiative, getting rid of private insurance and replacing with Medicare for all. 

In 2017, Harris and several other Democratic senators running for president announced their support for Sanders’s Medicare-for-all legislation, which would move about 217 million Americans who receive their insurance through a private plan — as well as everyone else in the country — onto a single government insurance plan. The plan would outlaw all private health insurance coverage that is duplicative with this generous government plan, leaving only room for a handful of supplemental services, such as cosmetic surgery.

also Harris

Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) said Friday that she does not support abolishing private health insurance in the United States, saying she misheard a question from NBC’s moderators about Medicare-for-all during the presidential debate.

Is it a lie to call Joe’s bill an infrastructure bill when less than 10% goes to infrastructure?  Or 6% for the “Covid” relief bill?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/just-under-6-percent-bidens-infrastructure-plan-goes-roads-bridges-1580783%3famp=1

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Will this be thre super spreader event, or will it be any of the other 80 home games they play this year?

The Rangers have taken a strong pro social distancing stance by putting a crappy product on the field. Natural spacing out will occur as fans avoid this team all year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The overwhelming majority of these were about Covid and “coach speak”. 

Almost every politician, doctor and statistician that has gone on TV to talk about Covid has been wrong about Covid over the last year. The same list could be done for Fauci. 

“Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks,” Fauci confidently informed the interviewer Dr. Jon LaPook. Pressed for clarification, Fauci went on.

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

Such statements are jarring based on what we know has been recommended in the time since. So why the big change? Was it an error based on inaccurate information? Did the good doctor feel any pang of regret for the misguided advice that could have led to increased disease spread early on?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonherald.com/2020/12/27/fauci-falters-on-consistent-coronavirus-message/amp/

top of the Google search page 

Biden was vaccinated when he made this remark 

‘Verbal stumble’ or blatant lie? Biden says US had no vaccine when he took office as new admin criticizes Trump’s jab rollout

https://www.rt.com/usa/515771-biden-no-vaccine-claim-covid/

all politicians lie, exaggerate or use “context” 

Biden ran on Covid response, saying how bad the current administration was doing, and that he would be the difference. 

Also Joe:

Biden says nothing can change the trajectory of the Covid pandemic over the next several months

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/22/biden-says-nothing-can-change-the-trajectory-of-covid-pandemic-over-the-next-several-months.html

Don’t blame either for trying to be positive. 

Harris announces her run for presidency and her major platform initiative, getting rid of private insurance and replacing with Medicare for all. 

In 2017, Harris and several other Democratic senators running for president announced their support for Sanders’s Medicare-for-all legislation, which would move about 217 million Americans who receive their insurance through a private plan — as well as everyone else in the country — onto a single government insurance plan. The plan would outlaw all private health insurance coverage that is duplicative with this generous government plan, leaving only room for a handful of supplemental services, such as cosmetic surgery.

also Harris

Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) said Friday that she does not support abolishing private health insurance in the United States, saying she misheard a question from NBC’s moderators about Medicare-for-all during the presidential debate.

Is it a lie to call Joe’s bill an infrastructure bill when less than 10% goes to infrastructure?  Or 6% for the “Covid” relief bill?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/just-under-6-percent-bidens-infrastructure-plan-goes-roads-bridges-1580783%3famp=1

lol rt. you all used to be against russia. why has that changed?

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Is it a lie to call Joe’s bill an infrastructure bill when less than 10% goes to infrastructure?  

I would think someone who is so concerned about the truth would not lie in a post about the bill and transportation infrastructure.  I mean, for fuck's sake, it's pointed out directly in the article you linked:

The $115 billion set aside for updating roads and bridges is about 18.5 percent of the $621 billion the plan devotes to transportation infrastructure.

So, until you can learn to argue in good faith, fuck off.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just maddening. why? fucking why?

For drug companies, they want those countries to pay for their own supplies. If US overorders. that's their dumb fuck. 

Why was it put in? Because Trump's the worst negotiator in the history of business?

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

For drug companies, they want those countries to pay for their own supplies. If US overorders. that's their dumb fuck. 

Why was it put in? Because Trump's the worst negotiator in the history of business?

Yes

I don't think that we've approached an over stock situation yet. I think that we need to have enough stock piled to plan for a minimum of a 1 dose booster in 2022. That all said, send as much of the AZ stuff to countries in need, and tell them to pound sand if they don't like it. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't think that we've approached an over stock situation yet. I think that we need to have enough stock piled to plan for a minimum of a 1 dose booster in 2022. That all said, send as much of the AZ stuff to countries in need, and tell them to pound sand if they don't like it. 

Yeah this. What’s AZ gonna do? Sue the federal government for breach of contract? Good luck with that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I don't think that we've approached an over stock situation yet. I think that we need to have enough stock piled to plan for a minimum of a 1 dose booster in 2022. 

Is this expected to be like the flu vaccine, where the recipe changes annually, or is it more of a static recipe that just needs periodic re-administration?

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is this expected to be like the flu vaccine, where the recipe changes annually, or is it more of a static recipe that just needs periodic re-administration?

Based on what I understand, it’s not the exact  same situation as flu strains shifting, but If you made me pick a line I think that we are headed towards either annual or semi annual boosters. I also think it likely that we tweak to address variants as they emerge or to incorporate a spike conformation that creates greater immune response. Fortunately the mRNA vaccines are very easy to adapt. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah this. What’s AZ gonna do? Sue the federal government for breach of contract? Good luck with that. 

AZ ain’t gonna do shit. The last thing they need is more bad press or to give Joe a reason to call the head of the FDA and tell them to be “really thorough” on their EUA submission.