CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I have dismissed most of the variant doomsday talk but I think that delta gonna run up in that ass of unvaccinated people. 

What changes from the UK variant that’s 70% dominant now and cases plummeted while it became more dominant? I know deltas more transmissible but how much of a bump will it really be? UKs delta bump isn’t even close to what it was back in January

29 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The person they infect and kill by not wearing a mask?

all the right minded people got shot.

If other folks die, Hail Darwin!!!

amIdoingitright?

On 6/11/2021 at 3:39 PM, RPM said:

Was told today if we are fully vaccinated we no longer have to wear a mask at work and it is honor system. 

My company in Seattle is still voluntary to go to the office, but you must sign an attestation that you are fully vaccinated before you are able to participate in person in any company event.  You are also not allowed to travel without signing the attestation and you will be accommodated for not getting vaccinated in the short term by the teams having zoom links for you to join remotely.  Oh, and if you signed, you can't expense anything you do with a fellow employee who hasn't signed.  This policy will be revisited in September.  

They did it for 2 reasons, #1, liability, they don't want it, and #2, some people have been going into the office for awhile and they want to be able to be with their fellow vaccinated employees without a mask.  So they are finally going to get that.

It had other unintended consequences, it's brought the company kooks out of the woodwork, so now I know which morons I need to avoid.  It also got one of my colleagues to finally get off his ass and get a vaccine scheduled.  I'm ok with both of those outcomes.

1 minute ago, MoJames said:
4 minutes ago, elfenix said:
Some people can't get vaccinated. That's why those who can, should.

Who can't other than the kiddos who at a near zero risk?

I've wondered this too because this isn't a typical vaccine. What am i missing?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

9 hours ago, MoJames said:
9 hours ago, elfenix said:

If they can't make it out to vote, they likely can't make it to CVS...for a free vaccination that requires an ID.

Maybe we should mail the vaccine to everyone and then take their word for it.

Probably for another thread though...

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No it wouldn’t have. 

That is demonstrably false and it got worse than that e.g. the former director of the CDC being labeled a racist for suggesting in his medical opinion it could have came from a lab. It was hysteria. 

• Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, MoJames said:
16 hours ago, elfenix said:

A lot of cancer patients, depending on type of cancer, treatment, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

A lot of cancer patients, depending on type of cancer, treatment, etc. 

So the absolutely smallest amount of the denominator can't get vaccinated. I just get irritated with the chunk of the unvaccinated that provides some nonsense reason they "can't" get vaccinated. Just buck up and state you won't. 

3 hours ago, MoJames said:

So the absolutely smallest amount of the denominator can't get vaccinated. I just get irritated with the chunk of the unvaccinated that provides some nonsense reason they "can't" get vaccinated. Just buck up and state you won't. 

Agreed.  And the selfish assholes who won't get vaccinated are putting the lives of cancer patients at risk

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If you legitimately can't because of health (or children at the moment), then this doesn't apply. For the folks that won't (and that is the vast majority), fuck you.

Do you put people who don't get the flu vaccine the same camp? 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Not going to lie, bringing the “it’s the same as the flu” argument out of the bullpen is aggressive. 

Well, it's not like covid is more contagious than the flu, more lethal than the flu, and can be combatted with a more efficacious vaccine than the flu.

Oh wait, it is.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, it's not like covid is more contagious than the flu, more lethal than the flu, and can be combatted with a more efficacious vaccine than the flu.

Oh wait, it is.

Never said it was the same. I got the Covid vax as soon as I could (JJ). Pretty sure the flu is more lethal and has more hospitalizations for those under 18. Seems like there is a lot less pressure for people to get the flu vaccine. Don't remember any campaigns for it when I was in hs and there would be outbreaks in the district and in some cases kids would die. 

Tl;dr there is a lot of apathy in getting the flu vaccine amongst the general population particularly people under 18. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, lmao said:

Pretty sure the flu is more lethal and has more hospitalizations for those under 18.

While this is true it is exceedingly rare for both covid and the flu.  You should vax your kids against both IMO. Not sure why flu shot isn’t mandatory 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, lmao said:

That is demonstrably false and it got worse than that e.g. the former director of the CDC being labeled a racist for suggesting in his medical opinion it could have came from a lab. It was hysteria. 

Bullshit. Demonstrate it. You’re projecting. I assume you’re talking about Redfield. “Could have” and “was” are two different things. Who was calling him a racist? I don’t recall that.

It’s likely that we'll never know exactly where and how it came into the human population. And anyone who obsesses over that rather than the lies and incompetence of the Trump/Pence administration that cost hundreds of thousands of American lives is probably just trying to distract us from the lies and incompetence of the Trump/Pence administration that cost hundreds of thousands of American lives.

Watch the video again. Colbert wasn’t even taking Jon seriously. I was more bothered by the makeup stain on Stewart’s shoulder. And it was comedy. Of course it could have been broadcast at any time. The whole notion that, “This would have been banned on YouTube not long ago,” is stupid and false. Again, I think you’re projecting and when you say, “We miss you, Jon,” I don’t believe you. (Hint: he hasn’t exactly gone away.)

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bullshit. Demonstrate it. You’re projecting. I assume you’re talking about Redfield. “Could have” and “was” are two different things. Who was calling him a racist? I don’t recall that.

It’s likely that we'll never know exactly where and how it came into the human population. And anyone who obsesses over that rather than the lies and incompetence of the Trump/Pence administration that cost hundreds of thousands of American lives is probably just trying to distract us from the lies and incompetence of the Trump/Pence administration that cost hundreds of thousands of American lives.

Watch the video again. Colbert wasn’t even taking Jon seriously. I was more bothered by the makeup stain on Stewart’s shoulder. And it was comedy. Of course it could have been broadcast at any time. The whole notion that, “This would have been banned on YouTube not long ago,” is stupid and false. Again, I think you’re projecting and when you say, “We miss you, Jon,” I don’t believe you. (Hint: he hasn’t exactly gone away.)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-ends-ban-on-posts-asserting-covid-19-was-man-made-11622094890

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/26/facebook-ban-covid-man-made-491053

FB, YT, etc., censored accounts for posting about the lab leak as covid misinformation.

And Trump is a fucking idiot and the lab leak theory & investigation shouldn't have been censored or impeded. Both can be true at the same time. You're obsessed over this because you think it will look at as a win for Trump. He's a fucking moron. His presidency will forever be a stain on this country. That shouldn't have anything to do with a scientific investigation into the origins of a global pandemic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Stockton knows dishing somebody the Covid virus isn't considered an Assist for NBA record purposes, right? 

Every time a friend or neighbor tells me about where they heard some new information on vaccine bullshit, I feel like Christopher Lloyd in "Back to the Future" when Marty tells him who the President is.  

"And tell me something friend, who is this scientific expert where you got your intel?" 

"John Stockton."

"The Point Guard?!?"

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Canada closing their border for another month. Would be awesome to crazy uncle joe give pretty boy the middle finger and open up the US side for Canadians.

Why would that be a middle finger to Canada? And why would it be awesome to give the middle finger to our neighbor and close ally? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Why would that be a middle finger to Canada? And why would it be awesome to give the middle finger to our neighbor and close ally? 

Canadians would come in droves to America. Our tourist industry would skyrocket. Lots of border families would be able to see each other.

Why aren’t they open? If you’re fully vaccinated shouldn’t you be able to cross without restrictions?

16 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Because it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny! 

19 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Why aren’t they open? If you’re fully vaccinated shouldn’t you be able to cross without restrictions?

They aren't reopen because they are still managing a public health crisis. In an ideal world, the fully vaccinated could travel freely. I think the primary impediment to that is how proof of vaccination is handled. If you could trust everyone to be honest about their vaccination status, this would be a non-issue. Unfortunately you can't. Which means you would need paperwork checks, and there isn't really a reliable system for that AND border agents are not prepared to handle it. Administratively, it is simpler to just treat everyone as either vaccinated or unvaccinated based on certain population-wide thresholds. That's precisely what is Canada is doing. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Rage+1 1

They aren't reopen because they are still managing a public health crisis. In an ideal world, the fully vaccinated could travel freely. I think the primary impediment to that is how proof of vaccination is handled. If you could trust everyone to be honest about their vaccination status, this would be a non-issue. Unfortunately you can't. Which means you would need paperwork checks, and there isn't really a reliable system for that AND border agents are not prepared to handle it. Administratively, it is simpler to just treat everyone as either vaccinated or unvaccinated based on certain population-wide thresholds. That's precisely what is Canada is doing. 

They have a higher first dose rate than we do and Ontario is operating like America in April 2020.

That’s hardly managing at all.

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Watching America call trudeaus bluff and have them reverse course would be soooooooooo funny! It’s kinda like watching states here. One state opens fully and the dominos fall quickly behind it.

Owning the libs, one death at a time!   Winning.

Stop cheerleading.  Both sides are disgusting when they do that.

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They have a higher first dose rate than we do and Ontario is operating like America in April 2020.

That’s hardly managing at all.

It's managing different than you would prefer. It is still managing.  Given that Canada has had 36,000 cases and 683 deaths per million residents and the US numbers are 103,000 and 1,852, I'd argue that Canada is clearly managing it better. 

Why do you have a problem with Canadians deciding how to govern themselves? What right do you have to tell Canada what to do? 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Watching America call trudeaus bluff and have them reverse course would be soooooooooo funny! It’s kinda like watching states here. One state opens fully and the dominos fall quickly behind it.

I don't think you know how borders work. I also think you dramatically overestimate the number of Canadians that would choose to travel to the US without knowing that they could, you know, come back home. 

Edited by Dahobbs

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It's managing different than you would prefer. It is still managing.  Given that Canada has had 36,000 cases and 683 deaths per million residents and the US numbers are 103,000 and 1,852, I'd argue that Canada is clearly managing it better. 

Why do you have a problem with Canadians deciding how to govern themselves? What right do you have to tell Canada what to do? 

Being an American, duh. 

26 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I still don’t see the humor here 

Fucking Christ we’re going on a year and a half of this shit and assholes like MN still think shit like this is funny. Fuck you and fuck everyone that’s made this so much more difficult than it needed to be(and yeah. It was already gonna be quite the challenge). Keep up the good fight!!!!! Dumbfuck 

• Hook 'Em 6

Go read the Canadian Reddit and tell me what you see about what they say about their own government

Fucking Christ we’re going on a year and a half of this shit and assholes like MN still think shit like this is funny. Fuck you and fuck everyone that’s made this so much more difficult than it needed to be(and yeah. It was already gonna be quite the challenge). Keep up the good fight!!!!! Dumbfuck 

You’re a bitch. I knew I should’ve take your “poor me I’m stressed” PM you sent me with a grain of salt, you pussy.