CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

27 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Fucking Christ we’re going on a year and a half of this shit and assholes like MN still think shit like this is funny. Fuck you and fuck everyone that’s made this so much more difficult than it needed to be(and yeah. It was already gonna be quite the challenge). Keep up the good fight!!!!! Dumbfuck 

Yeah, he used to be a pretty normal poster. His brain has significantly smoothed over since covid hit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think you know how borders work. I also think you dramatically overestimate the number of Canadians that would choose to travel to the US without knowing that they could, you know, come back home. 

Candadians can still fly here. They just don’t want to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks upon return whether they’re vaccinated or not.

It’s kinda like where we were a few months ago with “why did I get vaccinated if my government won’t let me return to normalcy “?

19 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Go read the Canadian Reddit and tell me what you see about what they say about their own government

I'm glad they have you, the expert on how all Canadians feel, to support them. We should probably ignore their choices in elections and the votes of their representatives. Instead, we can just refer to your opinion on how to run Canada. Or, and I'm just spit balling here, maybe we'll let actual Canadians make that choice. And maybe we won't rely on your anecdotal stories from a few folks on reddit. 

I'm glad they have you, the expert on how all Canadians feel, to support them. We should probably ignore their choices in elections and the votes of their representatives. Instead, we can just refer to your opinion on how to run Canada. Or, and I'm just spit balling here, maybe we'll let actual Canadians make that choice. And maybe we won't rely on your anecdotal stories from a few folks on reddit. 

So why not open non essential travel on our end? Why are you so strung up on a foreign government operating like it’s April 2020? Is Canada going to pull an Australia and close its borders to its citizens?

THE sad think is the folks refusing to get vaccinated because of political stupidity or just ignorance is a pretty large umber of folks, are the ones that don't ever think beyond the tip of their own nose.  So the fact that so many immune compromised folks may be put at greater risk is simply unnecessary.

I guess when this new variant starts invading the deeper red states where they have the lowest vaccination rates may result in an unfortunate and unnecessary "education" of the constituency with hospitalization and death... nothing will change.  Just a further and largely unnecessary thinning of the herd, via the immune compromised, and the purposefully and willfully ignorant.  Darwinism in action. 

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So why not open non essential travel on our end? Why are you so strung up on a foreign government operating like it’s April 2020? Is Canada going to pull an Australia and close its borders to its citizens?

I don't care one way or the other what we do on our end. But, the reason why we don't just do whatever we want is that we have to jointly operate the border with our neighbor and ally. It is important that we take into consideration their desires on the how the border operate, otherwise we risk damaging an important relationship AND causing chaos on the border. 

Let's turn the question around to you: why the fuck do you care what Canada does for Canada? It is their choice, right? 

Also, let's go ahead and go back to my previous post:

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

It's managing different than you would prefer. It is still managing.  Given that Canada has had 36,000 cases and 683 deaths per million residents and the US numbers are 103,000 and 1,852, I'd argue that Canada is clearly managing it better. 

Any response to that? Can you admit that maybe, just maybe, Canada handled it better, you know, assuming the goal is minimize the loss of human life. I understand some assholes might not care about that. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Any response to that? Can you admit that maybe, just maybe, Canada handled it better, you know, assuming the goal is minimize the loss of human life. I understand some assholes might not care about that. 

If you think opening up border states to a country that 90% of its population lives by the border is a bad thing, then we’re wasting our time. I don’t care what Canada’s government does. If their citizens start flocking here if we opened our side, that would be a tall tale sign that they need to pull back reentry restrictions.

Yep. US mishandled this from the get go. Having bigger cities, hundreds of millions of more people, being fatter and older has its consequences. And fuck you if you think “I don’t care”. Acting like I hug and breathed on every old person without a mask the last 15 months. That’s a bullshit pivot tactic here
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You’re a bitch. I knew I should’ve take your “poor me I’m stressed” PM you sent me with a grain of salt, you pussy.

I still am stressed. Thanks for checking. Go laugh at some more dead people that didn’t have to die, fuckwad 

54 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Yeah, he used to be a pretty normal poster. His brain has significantly smoothed over since covid hit.

Quite a few pretty normal posters absolutely lost their minds at COVID.  Batshit crazy stays dormant until something drives it out. For a lot of people it was COVID

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No you’re not. Go cry on some internet strangers shoulder some more, pussy.

Oh really? You wouldn’t be able to survive the last month I had. You’re too fucking stupid and clearly don’t have a heart

23 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

If you think opening up border states to a country that 90% of its population lives by the border is a bad thing, then we’re wasting our time. I don’t care what Canada’s government does. If their citizens start flocking here if we opened our side, that would be a tall tale sign that they need to pull back reentry restrictions.

Yep. US mishandled this from the get go. Having bigger cities, hundreds of millions of more people, being fatter and older has its consequences. And fuck you if you think “I don’t care”. Acting like I hug and breathed on every old person without a mask the last 15 months. That’s a bullshit pivot tactic here

I didn't say it was a "bad thing" except to say that we have to work with these people and coordinate our operations at the border. Not doing that is, practically speaking, an invitation for chaos. My preference would be that the border be open and that we have an easy way to determine that the people that crossing are vaccinated. But I also understand why that might not be practical. I'm guessing you've never had to manage large projects and see how things can quickly collapse without organization. 

For the last part, I didn't say you didn't care. I said only an asshole wouldn't. And only an asshole would think all that death was inevitable. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Oh really? You wouldn’t be able to survive the last month I had. You’re too fucking stupid and clearly don’t have a heart

Nobody laughed at death, or ever did. I was responding to how JS1 worded his above post.

Do not care about how hard your last month. The way you treat and talk to others in this board tells me that you’re a loser on here and in real life.

There ya go!!!! Make assumptions about someone based on a message board that’s full of assholes being assholes. And I mainly hangout on the baseball board but please don’t come over there and ruin the college World Series. Thanks. 

15 hours ago, lmao said:

Never said it was the same. I got the Covid vax as soon as I could (JJ). Pretty sure the flu is more lethal and has more hospitalizations for those under 18. Seems like there is a lot less pressure for people to get the flu vaccine. Don't remember any campaigns for it when I was in hs and there would be outbreaks in the district and in some cases kids would die. 

Tl;dr there is a lot of apathy in getting the flu vaccine amongst the general population particularly people under 18. 

I'm almost 50 years old.  I've never known anyone that has died of the flu.  I know at least 10 people that died of COVID-19.  I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but my life experience leads me to believe that your numbers are bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I'm almost 50 years old.  I've never known anyone that has died of the flu.  I know at least 10 people that died of COVID-19.  I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but my life experience leads me to believe that your numbers are bullshit.

Not sure why you're mad but I'm talking about people 18 & under. The flu ravaged my district when I was a freshman in hs. It seems crazy looking back they didn't really implement any flu prevention or push for the flu vaccinr. I'm arguing that they're should have been a push to get young people vaccinated, similar to what they're doing with covid. 

• Fuck You 1

I know of at least four people who were relatively healthy in their late 40s and early 50s who died unexpectedly this past year, and a couple in their early 70s, who died and their deaths will probably never be attributed to Covid. I don’t know for sure if Covid caused it and probably will never know but I do know that amount has never happened before in my lifetime. Previous deaths in the past I knew were due to car wrecks or suicide.  So many people I know dying at that age in one single year. Lots of death in the past year.

Gottlieb was on CNBC this morning and said modeling shows a big uptick in the early fall in the non-vaxxed states of, you guessed it, Arky, Bama, Miss., etc.  (Sorry Bama Chick.)  Same modeling shows the coastal cities largely not impacted.

This will settle into being a rural, white, Trumpkin disease, which is what we've long predicted.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Gottlieb was on CNBC this morning and said modeling shows a big uptick in the early fall in the non-vaxxed states of, you guessed it, Arky, Bama, Miss., etc.  (Sorry Bama Chick.)  Same modeling shows the coastal cities largely not impacted.

This will settle into being a rural, white, Trumpkin disease, which is what we've long predicted.  

Long enough for the redneck variant to form 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

/Mack Brown/ And that's fair /Mack Brown/

On 6/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, lmao said:

Not sure why you're mad but I'm talking about people 18 & under. The flu ravaged my district when I was a freshman in hs. It seems crazy looking back they didn't really implement any flu prevention or push for the flu vaccinr. I'm arguing that they're should have been a push to get young people vaccinated, similar to what they're doing with covid. 

Not sure why you think I'm mad.  

On 6/17/2021 at 11:50 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Bullshit. Demonstrate it. You’re projecting. I assume you’re talking about Redfield. “Could have” and “was” are two different things. Who was calling him a racist? I don’t recall that.

It’s likely that we'll never know exactly where and how it came into the human population. And anyone who obsesses over that rather than the lies and incompetence of the Trump/Pence administration that cost hundreds of thousands of American lives is probably just trying to distract us from the lies and incompetence of the Trump/Pence administration that cost hundreds of thousands of American lives.

Watch the video again. Colbert wasn’t even taking Jon seriously. I was more bothered by the makeup stain on Stewart’s shoulder. And it was comedy. Of course it could have been broadcast at any time. The whole notion that, “This would have been banned on YouTube not long ago,” is stupid and false. Again, I think you’re projecting and when you say, “We miss you, Jon,” I don’t believe you. (Hint: he hasn’t exactly gone away.)

I demonstrated it and you ran away.

• Fuck You 1

Two people are dead and four of their coworkers were hospitalized after a Covid-19outbreak swept through a government building in Manatee County, Florida.

The outbreak began in the IT department, according to Manatee County Administrator Scott Hopes, who is also an epidemiologist. Another person who worked on the same floor but in a different department also tested positive for coronavirus last week.

Of the six people infected, five were hospitalized. One employee who was in the hospital died and another employee who was not hospitalized also died, Hopes told CNN's Erin Burnett.
The only exposed employee in the IT office who was vaccinated did not get infected, Hopes said.