CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Trump will give somebody an endorsement and then actively work against them because God forbid some other Republican get his "stolen valor." He's like the scorpion that hitches a ride on the frog's back to cross the river. A man can dream.

i'm a scorpion.

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

My advice, while some might say is undiplomatic, is to stop being a pussy and tell your ex to go fuck herself.  After getting the kids the shot of course. What’s done is done.

And when she bitches about, tell her fuck you, sue me. Not a winner case against you IMO.

But I don’t know your personal  circumstances so I could be wrong of course.

Yeah, it wouldn't be good ... at all. Ex is crazier than a shit-house rat but it's in my best Interests to keep from starting a civil war.

I will likely take my daughter to get shot #2 in a few weeks and it will be our secret. We won't tell her brother because he's got a big fucking mouth. He's a sweet kid but keeping secrets is not his strength. (Neither is Spanish but that's another fucking headache.)

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and you, and I, and a whole lot of reasonably intelligent people started making this argument about 16 months ago when the shit really started to hit the fan, and nobody listened then, and nobody listens now, when it's actually MORE likely to be true because of the increased contagiousness of delta over alpha, etc.  I guess maybe the overall mortality won't be so bad because of vaccination and prior disease immunity, but it ain't good, regardless.

I've said it before, but I got the jolt of my life when my doc came into my hospital room where I was being treated for bacterial pneumonia, held up my x-ray, and said "look, even for an otherwise healthy guy like you in your early 30's, this has a 10% mortality rate.  We have work to do."

2% should TERRIFY people.  

squeeze.gif

Darwin Award Trump Toffee-Noser Candidate #743

He called coronavirus a “scam-demic” and now Dick Farrel is dead of the disease.

The former Newsmax commentator and veteran radio host died of COVID-19 complications at age 65 last Wednesday.

On one of his many inflammatory social media posts, the outspoken anti-vaxxer famously called the country’s leading infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci a “power-tripping lying freak.”

As recently as last month, Farrel posted on Facebook, “Why take a vax promoted by people who lied 2 u all along about masks, where the virus came from and the death toll?”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Would you get in a car if I told you the odds of dying in a car accident is almost half that (1%)?

What does this mean? I assume it means if I get in a car accident, the odds of dying from it are 1%. Which still seems extremely high.

But what are the odds of getting in a car accident in the first place?

5 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Surgeons busy with covid cases? 

More likely nursing. Last October one of the trauma centers I worked at was using all pacu staff as makeshift icu. The chief of surgery had a patient wheeled directly into the operating suite from the ER, did the case, anesthesiologist recovered the patient in the OR, and they took patient to the street in a wheelchair, then followed that with a gallbladder. That was a level 1 trauma center. And they were only taking walkins in the ER. Ambulances were diverted and no hospital to hospital transfers

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

The no vaccine passports really pisses me off. If a private business wants to only allow vaccinated people in, then I support their right to do that. I would definitely support that business.

The Republican Party likes to talk about personal responsibility, but personal responsibility only exists when it negatively impacts poor and/or non-whites. I support an individual’s choice to not get vaccinated. However, that choice carries consequences. They should be forced to bear the consequences of that choice - lost jobs, no ability to travel via air/public transportation, increased medical costs, etc.

That’s the essence of personal responsibility.

Fuck these stupid assholes who continue to support these ridiculous politicians.

Republicans are all for the "free market" as long as they get to regulate that market.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

720 deaths in the US today alone.  the equivalent of 4 737s crashing.  just today!  remember what happened when just 2 737s crashed?

Problem is they can argue more than twice as many people died from cancer in the US today alone and they aren't really worried about that either.

We can't throw numbers at people and hope they will change their mind and get vaccinated. These people need incentives like requiring for air travel, requiring to enter sporting events, required for school, 25% discount at Golden Corral, etc. There "anti" stance is not strong enough to overcome their FOMO or personal choice causing them to not be able to do things.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I have been a massive proponent of Vaccine Passports.  There should be a national one.  Every state should have to submit their vaccination data into it, and it should allow the vaccine to be verifiable with a quick scan.  That would take out all the fakes and impose consequences on people who are not vaccinated.  

If you choose not to be vaccinated, you can go to the grocery store, the drug store, and other places where you are not spending massive amounts of time (I would prefer they stay out of Department Stores and specialty stores, but I believe that would be difficult) but you have to wear a mask at all times.  Refusal to wear a mask results in a 100 fine.  Second time 1000, third time, your ass goes to jail.  

You cannot, if you choose not to be vaccinated, fly on a plane, go to a concert, a sporting event, go inside a bar, inside a restaurant (outdoors might be fine, but with as contagious as Delta is, my preference is they stay the fuck at home), the gym, or any other place that might be fun.

I would also like for employers to force mandates.  You want to work for this company, you get the fucking vaccine.  

It is time to stop coddling these people.  Bring the fucking sticks.

What benefit does pretending to be Queen of America and describing all the things you would do (which would never be reality) if you had authoritarian power actually do for you? Is it cathartic or otherwise therapeutic? If so, by all means continue the fan-fic, because I’m all about self-care and mental health.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 19

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I have been a massive proponent of Vaccine Passports.  There should be a national one.  Every state should have to submit their vaccination data into it, and it should allow the vaccine to be verifiable with a quick scan.  That would take out all the fakes and impose consequences on people who are not vaccinated.  

If you choose not to be vaccinated, you can go to the grocery store, the drug store, and other places where you are not spending massive amounts of time (I would prefer they stay out of Department Stores and specialty stores, but I believe that would be difficult) but you have to wear a mask at all times.  Refusal to wear a mask results in a 100 fine.  Second time 1000, third time, your ass goes to jail.  

You cannot, if you choose not to be vaccinated, fly on a plane, go to a concert, a sporting event, go inside a bar, inside a restaurant (outdoors might be fine, but with as contagious as Delta is, my preference is they stay the fuck at home), the gym, or any other place that might be fun.

I would also like for employers to force mandates.  You want to work for this company, you get the fucking vaccine.  

It is time to stop coddling these people.  Bring the fucking sticks.

My company, to their credit, has been pretty cautious through the entire COVID ordeal but seem to have lost their minds recently.

They mandated everyone return to the office last week, and then sent out an eleven bullet point email about how we can "do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19"  where the word vaccination was nowhere to be found.  Fucking insanity.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My company, to their credit, has been pretty cautious through the entire COVID ordeal but seem to have lost their minds recently.

They mandated everyone return to the office last week, and then sent out an eleven bullet point email about how we can "do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19."  The word vaccination was nowhere to be found.  Fucking insanity.

Just wait; there will be a reversal or some sort of change coming I’m sure.

I work for a large company and invariably there is a diverse mix of employees (we pride ourselves on our DEI as well). We’ve recently made mandate vaccines and so for the case team I’ve been on the past 6 months, to continue being onsite with the client we have to be vaccinated. What that looks like is that 40% of the case team has to dial in remote now and can’t travel— which is crazy because I never would have thought it was so high (and from a diverse range of geo— TX, WA, OH, and VA). We all talk frankly on here and give each other a hard time, but what I’ve found is that people are quiet about things like this IRL— especially if you work for a big organization and want to stay off the radar.

• Fuck You 7

3 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

We all talk frankly on here and give each other a hard time, but what I’ve found is that people are quiet about things like this IRL— especially if you work for a big organization and want to stay off the radar.

Remember how everyone was surprised when trump won in 2016? Same sorta dynamic at play here. 

People dont want their peers to know how dumb and selfish they are, so they conceal it and cultivate a dishonest representation of themselves.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Remember how everyone was surprised when trump won in 2016? Same sorta dynamic at play here. 

People dont want their peers to know how dumb and selfish they are, so they conceal it and cultivate a dishonest representation of themselves.

The crazy thing is when pressed, I get a lot of “I don’t like talking about it because you never know where people stand on it and it’s a personal thing that everyone has different beliefs on”, which I actually respect.

I’m just surprised at white shoes and white collar firms that a lot of rogue/politically incorrect thinking is rampant and if I’m being honest, hearing counterpoints from folks who are very smart, highly degreed, good at their job/successful, and who can cogently speak like an intellectual being makes the arguments more compelling and “real” than the mouth breathers, anti-vax morons we usually encounter online and in YouTube videos. I can see how peer groups and family members can fall victim to that justification.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 2

So my sister in law’s older brother (I think he is like 60 years old) was in the hospital due to Covid and had double pneumonia.  He is unvaccinated because he has some form of blood cancer disorder and can’t take the vaccine.  When the hospital released him he went home and his daughter immediately noticed something was wrong with his face.  They took him back to the hospital and it was determined he had a stroke from a blood clot due to Covid.  The disease is just plain dangerous and it really is sad that our country is made up of so many dumb people that they are unable to comprehend it.  It doesn’t help that the politicians are using this to get re elected by their idiot base by claiming “freedom” and such bullshit and the right wing media is using this same idiot base to make money off of them even though they are slowly killing them.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

35 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

The crazy thing is when pressed, I get a lot of “I don’t like talking about it because you never know where people stand on it and it’s a personal thing that everyone has different beliefs on”, which I actually respect.

I’m just surprised at white shoes and white collar firms that a lot of rogue/politically incorrect thinking is rampant and if I’m being honest, hearing counterpoints from folks who are very smart, highly degreed, good at their job/successful, and who can cogently speak like an intellectual being makes the arguments more compelling and “real” than the mouth breathers, anti-vax morons we usually encounter online and in YouTube videos. I can see how peer groups and family members can fall victim to that justification.

The thing is, it isn't personal.  When some bumfuck in Texas decides to not get vaccinated, that has the impact to affect EVERY person in the US.  I am not sure what is so difficult for people to understand about this.