CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

12 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:
The belief that true Christianity is a fundamentalist belief system, and that Catholicism is evil heresy opposed to that and is an enemy among us, is not new.  At all.  Wanna know the literal standard-bearers of that belief? 
kkk-chicago-flashback-0125-20150123-e1446548107862-2lw7l8q-1080x633.jpg
og-image.jpg
kkk_immigrants_gettyimages-514702614.jpg

This isn't hard, people.  Everything the MAGA crowd stands for already exists as an established set of beliefs.  And that set of beliefs wears white pointy hats.

Brothers! Oh, brothers! We have all gathered here, to preserve our hallowed culture and heritage! We aim to pull evil up by the root, before it chokes out the flower of our culture and heritage! And our women, let's not forget those ladies, y'all. Looking to us for protection! From darkies, from Jews, from papists, and from all those smart-ass folks say we come descended from monkeys!

1*xKCLSyyDL0Uy_EHga49PMA.jpeg

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is just a bunch of really fucking stupid people.  Stupidity doesn't care if you are black, white, gay, straight, male or female.  They are all stupid.

Get fucked, fozzz.

Why you haf to be mad? Literally just posting covid related news. I was told by you these morons were all white MAGA clowns. Doesn't seem to be the case in that video.

*And I agree they're stupid.

Edited by lmao
  • Fuck You 5

Curious what yinz guy’s opinion is on football stadiums and transmission.  I decided to not go to the psu-auburn game this weekend because the chance of catching it and then transmitting it to my unvaccinated 5 year old seemed like an unnecessary risk. I feel like the risk of me, vaccinated with pfizer in May, catching it in an open air stadium is fairly low. Two weeks ago I wouldn’t have thought much about it, but with WV now leading the pack in cases per capita, it only seems like a matter of a week or two until rural PA is frothing with covid. 

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

More from r/nursing

Hey, @Satoshi. Is that you GR?

continue to fuck off.

COVID is killing young people in their 20’s. This is the worst ABG I’ve ever seen and the patient is only mid 20’s

yy80vckwdxn71.jpg

Great. You posted an ABG of someone that is pretty much dead. Mid 20s, dying of covid is almost certainly very obese or has other major health problems. What are you trying to prove exactly?

• Fuck You 7

Fuck off

Don't care if morbidly obese and asthmatic.

They didn't need to die. 

11 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Great. You posted an ABG of someone that is pretty much dead. Mid 20s, dying of covid is almost certainly very obese or has other major health problems. What are you trying to prove exactly?

The same poster.

Thanks for that, it’s crazy here. It’s like the peak last year but with 20-50 year olds instead of 50-80. But this time nearly every death was preventable.

Hey y'all that keep iggy lists, it's gonna need an update.

Welcome back GR. May your stay be brutish and short.

Edited by cactusflinthead
Extra venom
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Before the fracas developed last night, the discussion on various groups and the vaccination percentages, one group that isn't talked about a lot are pregnant women. Pregnant women in the age range of 18-49 are not well represented: only about 25% have received at least one shot. That's the national number according to the Texas Tribune and for the age group as a whole--61% are vaccinated (the Texas % is lower). It's having an effect as more mothers are ending up severely ill, hospitalized, and some are dying. This is one group where the fear factor looms large for so many reasons.

Pregnant women?  Who gives a fuck what happens to them!  Now those poor innocent fetuses inside those flesh covered incubators… that is a true tragedy if even one of those clumps of cells loses a finger nail…unless of course they are brown.

Edited by Horn Dog

Dallas man, early 30s, Army vet. Had Covid, was unvaccinated, now has convinced 60 people to get the vaccine.  This is a pretty good video/story to send to anybody you know who is hesitant about getting the vaccine.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/rockwall-man-shares-covid-19-hospitalization-fight-encourage-others-vaccinated-before-its-too-late/287-7ce1e8fd-e3a2-49e8-ba2c-305f1ccf918b

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Dallas man, early 30s, Army vet. Had Covid, was unvaccinated, now has convinced 60 people to get the vaccine.  This is a pretty good video/story to send to anybody you know who is hesitant about getting the vaccine.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/rockwall-man-shares-covid-19-hospitalization-fight-encourage-others-vaccinated-before-its-too-late/287-7ce1e8fd-e3a2-49e8-ba2c-305f1ccf918b

GRUHorn/satoshi/whatever ain’t gonna like this story. Complicates the mission.

17 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I wouldn’t call Travis a “failed sports writer.” Unfortunately.

Anyone who spends this much energy on political bullshit instead of sports tells me he has no ability to retain an audience with just sports. I sure don’t see guys like Bruce Feldman or Ken Rosenthal doing that

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Anyone who spends this much energy on political bullshit instead of sports tells me he has no ability to retain an audience with just sports. I sure don’t see guys like Bruce Feldman or Ken Rosenthal doing that

Well he’s moved on to politics full time now. But I don’t think it’s because he couldn’t retain an audience-he founded Outkick and built it into a pretty big college football brand-but because he’s a professional troll who found he could have an even bigger audience in politics, where people eat that schtick up.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m traveling to the east coast this weekend and the west coast next and I’m working on a whole backstory in case someone asks where I’m from. 

At this point instead of saying I am from Texas I might just say I am from North Korea, Iran, Yemen, The Democratic Republic of Congo, or some other place less embarrassing than saying I live in Texas.  

At this point instead of saying I am from Texas I might just say I am from North Korea, Iran, Yemen, The Democratic Republic of Congo, or some other place less embarrassing than saying I live in Texas.  

But my girlfriend lives in Canada. You wouldn’t know her.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alabama, Mississippi are also preferable sadly.

Which raises the point, Texas is running full speed into becoming a regressive shithole, banning abortion, restricting voting rights, locking up brown people, and even that is not enough for the secessionist.

13 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

My go to is Greater Mogadishu. I work in the shipping industry. 

df-09062_r_wide-1caeaec5b9096457d28f34c7

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

More from r/nursing

Hey, @Satoshi. Is that you GR?

continue to fuck off.

COVID is killing young people in their 20’s. This is the worst ABG I’ve ever seen and the patient is only mid 20’s

yy80vckwdxn71.jpg

That’s either a venous blood gas which is still bad or that was drawn off a dead person.