CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I just said those were my favorite peer reviewed papers that had to be scrapped. You read more into my sentence than I said, and hell, you and I knew that they were soft science. 

And yet you still feel compelled to come here and post it as a lateral attack on science and peer reviewed vaccination studies. Or am I misreading your decision to post a "DAE think peer reviewed studies are bullshit???" shitpost in the COVID thread?

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Did you hear about this from a Jordan Peterson YouTube?

Tell me your old without saying so. You just have to say video.

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

And yet you still feel compelled to come here and post it as a lateral attack on science and peer reviewed vaccination studies. Or am I misreading your decision to post a "DAE think peer reviewed studies are bullshit???" shitpost in the COVID thread?

Oh no, Mien Kampf was okayed as a study. why would you attack that? Soft science obviously should be better, and you should too.

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Oh no, Mien Kampf was okayed as a study. why would you attack that? Soft science obviously should be better, and you should too.

Jesus Christ you're a shitty troll lol. Nobody but you gives a shit about studies about dog rape culture, and nobody understand why you think shitty studies of that and Hitler are germane to a thread about COVID. 

A thread in which the right wing argument has consistently been "COVID is a hoax, and vaccines will kill you, and the scientists are lying to you in their studies"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Jesus Christ you're a shitty troll lol. Nobody but you gives a shit about studies about dog rape culture, and nobody understand why you think shitty studies of that and Hitler are germane to a thread about COVID. 

A thread in which the right wing argument has consistently been "COVID is a hoax, and vaccines will kill you, and the scientists are lying to you in their studies"

Shitty troll? I'm sorry that my posting of those peer reviewed papers would get under your skin so much that you think I'm trolling. As to Covid? I don't think I'm as worried as I was when I first posted in the very beginning of the first thread, no. 

Shitty troll? I'm sorry that my posting of those peer reviewed papers would get under your skin so much that you think I'm trolling. As to Covid? I don't think I'm as worried as I was when I first posted in the very beginning of the first thread, no. 

I don’t think you’re a troll but you are willfully and woefully uninformed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Shitty troll? I'm sorry that my posting of those peer reviewed papers would get under your skin so much that you think I'm trolling.

It's more the apples-to-assholes comparison to denigrate peer reviewed studies in a thread about a topic in which right wingers frequently attack peer reviewed COVID studies. 

But sure, fair enough I guess. Maybe I give you too much credit to think you're fighting the info wars when you're just shitposting

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Probably the funniest peered review papers.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/rabble-rouser/201810/intellectual-corruption-and-peer-review

Three scholars have published a slew of intentionally ridiculous papers at major peer-reviewed "scholarly" journals designed to expose the intellectual corruption of parts of academia. The papers make intentionally absurd arguments or present highly implausible (and fabricated) data to justify overturning supposedly (or actually) oppressive and inegalitarian systems of power and status. 

Lol you fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I never said it was. 

Look, man, you've made it clear you're not exactly pro-vaccine, so let me ask you directly "Are you're vaccinated?"

If not, explain your rationale. If so, why try (unsuccessfully) to muddy the waters?

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

The entire premise of not trusting doctors and scientists when it comes to their entire field of study is pure insanity when you think about it. 

There is a large portion of society (yes on both sides actually, though clearly way higher on the R side) that literally think people who have gone to school for years, if not decades in some cases, have studied this stuff their entire adult lives, and have devoted almost every waking moment to thinking about these things are just in it for money and are lying to everyone about everything. 

image.gif.06f48751818be1b5029c3da497b0671e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I had a guest at the park yesterday strike up conversation with me. 50ish year-old white dude in an American muscle shirt with cutoff sleeves. He was being very friendly and asking a lot of questions. He found out that I used to work in medicine, then immediately hit me with "What do you think about HCQ and Ivermectin?"
By this time, his wife was interested in the discussion as well. I was so taken aback that he would want to steer the conversation this direction that I instinctively answered immediately and honestly that I didn't think much of them for this illness and that everyone should just get the vaccine. He went on to say that he didn't feel like much was being done to help those who were very sick, to which I responded that hospitals are overwhelmed right now and it's difficult to treat people who are that sick. Shockingly, they were not as eager to talk to me after that and left for another area of the park.
The Covid denial shit was bad enough when I was still seeing patients last December. I can't imagine dealing with this shit on a daily basis with the idiots of the north Texas extras, much less still living in sub-40% vaccinated Wise county.

• Hook 'Em 9

I just love that the idiot dragged the conceptual penis thing out of the trash heap to try to prove that science is bullshit or something, when that thing backfired spectacularly on James Lindsay, who is basically now a nazi.

For those who are unaware, Lindsay, a conservative internet troll and anti-CRT crusader who used to pretend to be a liberal, tried to submit a hoax paper to an obscure journal to prove that gender studies are bullshit, but the journal rejected it and he ended up paying some pay-to-play rag to publish it. So what he actually proved was either that even the shittier journals take the work seriously and value studies with intellectual rigor, or that he's just really bad at faking something that's already bullshit and thus shouldn't be hard to fake. 

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

I'm just glad we've established for the 80th time that workswithseed is a gullible dumbass.

I used to think he was just some naïve kid with conservative ideas from his rural upbringing who stumbled in here with honest opinions and an open mind. Maybe that's who he started out as, but he has since decided to double down with a refusal to believe anything he was ever taught is wrong.

Now, he's just regressed into a shitty dishonest troll, if I'm being generous. Of course, the reality might lie closer to your appraisal.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I used to think he was just some naïve kid with conservative ideas from his rural upbringing who stumbled in here with honest opinions and an open mind. Maybe that's who he started out as, but he has since decided to double down with a refusal to believe anything he was ever taught is wrong.

Now, he's just regressed into a shitty dishonest troll, if I'm being generous. Of course, the reality might lie closer to your appraisal.

He trolls, but he's also genuinely a gullible dumbass who falls for the shit right-wing troll commentators sell him. He's simply emulating his heroes. He'll never understand the absolute bottomless contempt they have for people like him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Interesting anecdote:  my cousin is a college graduate, anti-vax, evangelical nut job.  Her oldest kid is a senior in high school and just turned 18.  He’s asthmatic and has a few other health issues.  He texted my sister and I last week and asked us some questions.  Long story short, he stopped at cvs on the way home from school yesterday and got a shot.  He has no plans to tell his parents about it.   I think there is an amount of de-education that has to occur to get to where the anti-vaxxers are.

at least you and your sis were there as a voice of reason. good on you

13 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean I know you're an idiot, but I'm just explaining why this is the latest example.

10 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

I'm just glad we've established for the 80th time that workswithseed is a gullible dumbass.

I don't think the BS he posts is intentional trolling as much as it is simply a reflection of the fact that he is Rocko20-level stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Interesting anecdote:  my cousin is a college graduate, anti-vax, evangelical nut job.  Her oldest kid is a senior in high school and just turned 18.  He’s asthmatic and has a few other health issues.  He texted my sister and I last week and asked us some questions.  Long story short, he stopped at cvs on the way home from school yesterday and got a shot.  He has no plans to tell his parents about it.   I think there is an amount of de-education that has to occur to get to where the anti-vaxxers are.

more anti vaxxers need to do this. just get the shot and keep their mouth shut 

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Be on the lookout for new talking points.

lmao/fozz/dsa/derekatkinson's handlers are not going to be happy about that one.

i love that trope they tried out..."hey guys, here's our brilliant plan!  we know that people that generally don't identify with republicans/trumpism also tend to be sympathetic to or champion the primary causes underlying the blm movement.  if we use the supposed fact in our internet wars that blacks (who's total population of 13% is a fraction of the unvaccinated whites) aren't enthusiastic about the vaccine, another issue that the blm sympathizers are passionate about (which is demonstrably overblown of course), then we can totally box them in to a catch-22 in which they won't want to sound racist!  then their hypocrisy will be on full display...or we can call them racist when they say they're stupid for not getting vaccinated.  and then we can call them the laptop class at the same time!  ha ha."

as if it is difficult for remotely intelligent people to hold both the opinion that racial inequality and injustice should be vocally fought at every turn, while also thinking that people, regardless of race, who advocate for anti-vaxxing positions are wrong and putting themselves/others at danger. 

but it's a dumbshit twitter world we live in these days i suppose and they know that.

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

more anti vaxxers need to do this. just get the shot and keep their mouth shut 

To be clear, I think the kid is using what he learned in hs biology and thinking for himself.  He approached the only two adults in his extended family who he believed would give him some science-based advice as opposed to telling him that Jesus is all he needs to protect him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sidis said:

for anyone who is on the fence as to whether the simpleton from oregon is a just a dullard that is in over head or a clever troll...clever trolls don't post threads like this:

I see the GoFundMe is up to $15. His goal was $2500. Based on the $4/month he's been able to raise so far, he should have that debt settled in (checks notes) ... 2073.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

I had a guest at the park yesterday strike up conversation with me. 50ish year-old white dude in an American muscle shirt with cutoff sleeves. He was being very friendly and asking a lot of questions. He found out that I used to work in medicine, then immediately hit me with "What do you think about HCQ and Ivermectin?"
By this time, his wife was interested in the discussion as well. 

They were cruising the park for a Hot MMF Threesome. You totally botched it.

23 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

To be clear, I think the kid is using what he learned in hs biology and thinking for himself.  He approached the only two adults in his extended family who he believed would give him some science-based advice as opposed to telling him that Jesus is all he needs to protect him.

“Hey Jesus. Can you help me with something? Should I get the vaccine?”

Jesus: “what the fuck is wrong with you? Of course you should get it. Why not? Stop acting like a dumbass and wasting Jesus’s time on your idiocy. I got other things to deal with. 

• Haha 2