CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Just now, Rougarou said:

It's racism to call China shitty and hold them accountable and blame them because of this pandemic?

Yes, calling a country of 1.2 billion individuals "shitty" because of a virus happened to start within it's borders is racist.  

Blaming them for the pandemic is simply stupid.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Swine flu originated from Asia/China as well. Next?

Wrong Mexico

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-6-207

The swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus that appeared in 2009 and was first found in human beings in Mexico, is a reassortant with at least three parents. Six of the genes are closest in sequence to those of H1N2 'triple-reassortant' influenza viruses isolated from pigs in North America around 1999-2000

well, the official name for the thing is covid-19. the president [checks to make sure we are on the political forum] is choosing not to use that, but instead "chinese virus" because the president is sounding dog whistles to his racist base and trying to absolve himself of responsibility for his administration's massive failure of a response to this pandemic. 

even now, the man cannot give a straight fucking answer to questions.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Cause I'm American not Chinese.  I can have a say in who becomes the leader of America, so I focus on that...I let Chinese bitch about their leader. 

You claimed China was evil because of their leader...my point is we have our own house to clean before we start telling others how to run their country.

Who do you think has caused more damage, both economically and physically to more people around the globe over the past 20 years....China or the US?  Not a trick question.

China is not the problem here.  It's a deflection, and a strawman.

I don't give a shit about the macro or having a humanitarian or global war dick measuring contest over the last 20 years. I'm talking specifically, in this particular case, China is a shithead who caused a pandemic and should be called out and shamed and held accountable for their actions.

They should also be called out where there is some good-- when they finally got around to being honest-- and their response and building of hospitals, etc. I am 100% hopeful that America has a Chinese-like recovery, and think they did a fabulous job in their recovery and think it's a much better job than we have been doing. You can honestly provide inputs, both good and bad, and be pissed and call it a Chinese Virus originating in their despicable wet markets without being racist.

That is my position at least and your wild whataboutism and both sides and deflections to questions not asked does nothing to move me from my position, no offense to you.

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

You know the Swine Flu and the Spanish Flu are different,right?

Please tell me you know that

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That article is about swine flu, not Spanish flu. 

My bad, I thought we were still talking about swine flu because of the reference to not eating pig/pork anymore because of it.

He inherited a broken system that wasn't equipped for this, so they eradicated that system.  We decided nothing in place was better than the previous system.  

He said he fixed it, he's done a great job, and hasnt gotten the credit he deserves.  

9 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Yes, calling a country of 1.2 billion individuals "shitty" because of a virus happened to start within it's borders is racist.  

Blaming them for the pandemic is simply stupid.

I have stated that the $1.39bn normal and reasonable chinese people who don't eat bat dick and pangolin soup are not the problem, dude.

It's the one percent and the government who enable disgusting wet markets which cause pandemics, time and time again and we never learn anything from it.

Two questions:

Are you and the people defending the notion that China is not to blame for this pandemic saying it's cool to have wet markets again once this pandemic is under control because you think it won't cause another pandemic again, despite history showing it will?

Who do you assign the blame for this pandemic to, if not China?

10 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I can't announce any companies, but it's general motors. 

He hasn’t asked. Just like with his taxes, he’s fucking lying out his ass.
Under audit, can’t release. 

I invoked the act and asked companies to produce. Which one? I can’t say, haven’t gotten approval from the companies.

Why the fuck would you need the approval, you’re the gd president? And how would that be bad PR.

Liar!

1 minute ago, Rougarou said:

I don't give a shit about the macro or having a humanitarian or global war dick measuring contest over the last 20 years. I'm talking specifically, in this particular case, China is a shithead who caused a pandemic and should be called out and shamed and held accountable for their actions.

They should also be called out where there is some good-- when they finally got around to being honest-- and their response and building of hospitals, etc. I am 100% hopeful that America has a Chinese-like recovery, and think they did a fabulous job in their recovery and think it's a much better job than we have been doing. You can honestly provide inputs, both good and bad, and be pissed and call it a Chinese Virus originating in their despicable wet markets without being racist.

That is my position at least and your wild whataboutism and both sides and deflections to questions not asked does nothing to move me from my position, no offense to you.

I understand what your saying, but your wrong in this case.  China didn't cause the pandemic.  They tried to sweep a localized epidemic under the carpet...which they should be held to account.  

But it was the countries not taking it seriously enough at the start caused the pandemic.  Remember Trump evacuating people with the virus, on planes with non-infected people...and no safety measures...and then just letting them head out into the US public.  Perhaps, in retrospect, and hear me out...purposely importing the virus was not a wise decision. 

This could have been minimized if the US, UK, Italy, Lebanon, Iran, etc. had been proactive instead of reactive.  That's why I put more blame on others outside China.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He inherited a broken system that wasn't equipped for this, so they eradicated that system.  We decided nothing in place was better than the previous system.  

He said he fixed it, he's done a great job, and hasnt gotten the credit he deserves.  

Wow.

Why doesn’t he just call it Obama virus?! 

My God.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Not watching, but is this fucktard actually trying to blame this on Obama?  Inherited a broken system??

I mean, what's the statute of limitations?  You've had 38 fucking months in office!

I imagine, that like Truman, Trump has a "The Buck Stops Here" sign on his desk...but with an arrow pointing to a picture of Obama

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

What a fucking travesty. Here we go again inherited a broken system 

Call him on it

Because being a leader is supposed to be easy.

'It's not my fault! It's not my fault! It's not my fault!'

Well, no shit, Sherlock. That's the job. You're supposed to be prepared to face challenges no one has ever seen before. In the highest office you'd better goddamned well better be prepared to face challenges no one has ever seen before.  If you're not up for that then you have no business holding the office. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

In the United States, I'll blame Donald Trump for not taking it seriously and calling it a hoax for nearly two months after he found out about it.

Agreed. But who is to blame for this zoonotic disease originating and causing infections that spread to call corners of the earth and to the US?

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I understand what your saying, but your wrong in this case.  China didn't cause the pandemic.  They tried to sweep a localized epidemic under the carpet...which they should be held to account.  

But it was the countries not taking it seriously enough at the start caused the pandemic.  Remember Trump evacuating people with the virus, on planes with non-infected people...and no safety measures...and then just letting them head out into the US public.  Perhaps, in retrospect, and hear me out...purposely importing the virus was not a wise decision. 

This could have been minimized if the US, UK, Italy, Lebanon, Iran, etc. had been proactive instead of reactive.  That's why I put more blame on others outside China.

I think I see the problem here I think; the "pandemic" is a shared blame which I can agree, but there isn't enough blame/accountability and anger being applied to the root cause and source of the issue which I remain committed is the despicable wet market and Chinese government allowing these despite all evidence of their danger for these types of outcomes.

I can see where/why maybe it's a better response to not be angry and want a pound of flesh, but to tap into the popular meme culture and zeitgeist of our God foresaken culture,  some of you didn't have a ton of money (past tense, being the important call out there) and now have considerably less because of this situation and it shows.

4 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I have stated that the $1.39bn normal and reasonable chinese people who don't eat bat dick and pangolin soup are not the problem, dude.

It's the one percent and the government who enable disgusting wet markets which cause pandemics, time and time again and we never learn anything from it.

Two questions:

Are you and the people defending the notion that China is not to blame for this pandemic saying it's cool to have wet markets again once this pandemic is under control because you think it won't cause another pandemic again, despite history showing it will?

Who do you assign the blame for this pandemic to, if not China?

To simplify things for you, calling it the chinese virus leads to idiots to blame chinese people without the differentiation of 1%, government, wet-market proprietor, etc.  These idiots wind up attacking chinese people where they find them.  Not chinese people in wet-markets, or wuhan, but in the US, or UK.  Hell, they dont even have to be chinese, just asian-looking enough to qualify for an ass-whipping because idiots are equating chinese virus with its ok to attack anyone they think looks chinese enough.  

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-uk/the-rise-of-coronavirus-hate-crimes

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/us/coronavirus-racist-attacks-against-asian-americans/index.html

usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-03-18/trump-dubs-covid-19-chinese-virus-despite-hate-crime-risks

Your qualification that you dont blame the "normal" chinese is pretty useless when there are plenty of idiots that arent going to trouble with making those distinctions.  There are lots of followers, and especially dumb followers that dont give a shit about nuance.  A month ago Trump was calling it a hoax, and people are still out there watching the news and still saying, "yep, its a hoax."  Mobs are stupid, and mobs follow leaders.  Thats why leader's words matter.    

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

trump just said that we do not want to test every american.

um, yes, we do, you stupid orange fuckgoblin.

Testing everyone would be dumb and cause this virus to spread like wildfire.  Stay the fuck home unless you are having symptoms such as shortness of breath.

We don't need everyone with the sniffles overwhelming hospitals and testing centers right now.  90% of people being tested do not have it.  So that 90% going to a hospital to get tested where there are undoubtedly infected people are putting themselves at risk.  And the 10 percent that do, the vast majority will recover fine.  Stay home so you don't infect others.

Trying to test everyone right now would be massively stupid and cause a lot more cases and a lot more deaths.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk