CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Testing everyone would be dumb and cause this virus to spread like wildfire.  Stay the fuck home unless you are having symptoms such as shortness of breath.

We don't need everyone with the sniffles overwhelming hospitals and testing centers right now.  90% of people being tested do not have it.  So that 90% going to a hospital to get tested where there are undoubtedly infected people are putting themselves at risk.  And the 10 percent that do, the vast majority will recover fine.  Stay home so you don't infect others.

Trying to test everyone right now would be massively stupid and cause a lot more cases and a lot more deaths.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Testing everyone would be dumb and cause this virus to spread like wildfire.  Stay the fuck home unless you are having symptoms such as shortness of breath.

We don't need everyone with the sniffles overwhelming hospitals and testing centers right now.  90% of people being tested do not have it.  So that 90% going to a hospital to get tested where there are undoubtedly infected people are putting themselves at risk.  And the 10 percent that do, the vast majority will recover fine.  Stay home so you don't infect others.

Trying to test everyone right now would be massively stupid and cause a lot more cases and a lot more deaths.

How would it spread by using all the drive-through testing thats available at all wal-marts and target stores once you use the google-made website?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

To simplify things for you, calling it the chinese virus leads to idiots to blame chinese people without the differentiation of 1%, government, wet-market proprietor, etc.  These idiots wind up attacking chinese people where they find them.  Not chinese people in wet-markets, or wuhan, but in the US, or UK.  Hell, they dont even have to be chinese, just asian-looking enough to qualify for an ass-whipping because idiots are equating chinese virus with its ok to attack anyone they think looks chinese enough.  

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-uk/the-rise-of-coronavirus-hate-crimes

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/us/coronavirus-racist-attacks-against-asian-americans/index.html

usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-03-18/trump-dubs-covid-19-chinese-virus-despite-hate-crime-risks

Your qualification that you dont blame the "normal" chinese is pretty useless when there are plenty of idiots that arent going to trouble with making those distinctions.  There are lots of followers, and especially dumb followers that dont give a shit about nuance.  A month ago Trump was calling it a hoax, and people are still out there watching the news and still saying, "yep, its a hoax."  Mobs are stupid, and mobs follow leaders.  Thats why leader's words matter.    

Okay, well, that's fair. When I'm chastising China and calling them names, it's their nation state and political entity, not the people who are ruled by the despotic regime. I am 100% for some sort of retaliatory, *political* reaction towards China once all this clears up. Something like sanctions or penalties or other multilateral consequences if another wet market ever appears on a heat map radar ever again.

I guess I am being lazy and need to spend the time to better workshop a name that applies the right amount of punishment and shame to China for being the root cause of yet another epidemic due to a wet market that is also subtle enough to keep the hordes of useful idiots from being hostile to regular Chinese/Asians (and American Asians) folks who have no blood on their hands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

How would it spread by using all the drive-through testing thats available at all wal-marts and target stores once you use the google-made website?  

That wouldn't.  Wasn't aware that was up and running for the public.  If it is or once it is, have at it.  Think it would actually calm people down and help the pros.  We don't need motherfuckers running to hospitals or testing facilities.  It will overwhelm the system, deplete PPE stores, and spread the disease.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Rougarou said:

Okay, well, that's fair. When I'm chastising China and calling them names, it's their nation state and political entity, not the people who are ruled by the despotic regime. I am 100% for some sort of retaliatory, *political* reaction towards China once all this clears up. Something like sanctions or penalties or other multilateral consequences if another wet market ever appears on a heat map radar ever again.

I guess I am being lazy and need to spend the time to better workshop a name that applies the right amount of punishment and shame to China for being the root cause of yet another epidemic due to a wet market that is also subtle enough to keep the hordes of useful idiots from being hostile to regular Chinese/Asians (and American Asians) folks who have no blood on their hands.

China gives zero shits about shame, especially from the US.  Punishment will come from our government, and has absolutely nothing to do with the president calling it chinese-virus.  John Q Public calling it chinese-virus has nothing to do with any form of punishment that will come from the government.  The only thing it does for you, or the president, is tickle your anger muscle at best, or let you slide up to being a racist piece of shit line at worst while getting to claim "Im just saying where it came from."  I dont need you to qualify where you fall on that spectrum.  

• Like 2

Trump started calling it the China virus because China started to blame the US to the world press. I'm okay with our president calling out other countries bullshit.

Some of you care about the most frivolous shit. China starts a worldwide pandemic then tries to lie about it, and you're upset with our president about calling them out on it.

• Fuck You 6

Just now, TXSG8R said:

China gives zero shits about shame, especially from the US.  Punishment will come from our government, and has absolutely nothing to do with the president calling it chinese-virus.  John Q Public calling it chinese-virus has nothing to do with any form of punishment that will come from the government.  The only thing it does for you, or the president, is tickle your anger muscle at best, or let you slide up to being a racist piece of shit line at worst while getting to claim "Im just saying where it came from."  I dont need you to qualify where you fall on that spectrum.  

You know what? You are a reasonable guy and I'm liking the cut of your gib. 

My $0.02 (and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn); if the President or UN or some sort of authority we could trust came on the TV and said, "look, let's focus on the recovery, China will be held accountable once the dust settles and they will be handled and we will make sure of it" then I think a lot of people who are angry at the situation and the horizon of losing most of their 401k, jobs, homes, etc. would be mildly comforted and the anger muscle tickling wouldn't be as tempting. I guess as of now, calling it the Chinese Virus is just as you said, a way to tickle that muscle.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Trump started calling it the China virus because China started to blame the US to the world press. I'm okay with our president calling out other countries bullshit.

Some of you care about the most frivolous shit. China starts a worldwide pandemic then tries to lie about it, and you're upset with our president about calling them out on it.

"The chinese govermnent is reporting that the US military may have brought COVID-19 to China as some form of attack.  This is obviously false as genetic data shows it originated in the Wuhan region.  If/when we get data that shows something else, we will address it at that time."  

Problem solved.  Makes China the asshole, and you dont have to worry about rednecks kicking the shit out of kids from Singapore because fuck chinese.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

i'm upset with our President because he's a lying sack of shit, a coward, a criminal and a racist with sub-100 IQ that's incapable of forming complete sentences and completely incapable of handling the duties bestowed upon the POTUS. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i'm upset with our President because he's a lying sack of shit, a coward, a criminal and a racist with sub-100 IQ that's incapable of forming complete sentences and completely incapable of handling the duties bestowed upon the POTUS. 

Oh Snap! Trump is a dirty Sooner!

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Trump started calling it the China virus because he's a thin-skinned, racist asshole who has no idea how to handle the situation he's in.

• Like 1

^^^ Graph omits Taiwan which is on same trajectory as its neighbors through use of same aggressive interventions.  The ambivalent contradictory messaging and lack of definitive intervention from the top down will be crushing.  Every single day we wait has a profound effect on numbers 3 weeks from now, because math.

Edited by triplehorn

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That wouldn't.  Wasn't aware that was up and running for the public.  If it is or once it is, have at it.  Think it would actually calm people down and help the pros.  We don't need motherfuckers running to hospitals or testing facilities.  It will overwhelm the system, deplete PPE stores, and spread the disease.

That's because you were too busy fellating Trump to understand that's basically what South Korea is doing.  It's not like we even have to invent shit, just pay attention.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

He was busy shutting down travel from China while dipfucks like you were calling him racist for it and the libs were fucking around with an impeachment that did not allege a crime and had zero chance of removing him from office.

People are willing to put up with ivory tower academics, media types, smug white liberals, and little campus shits while their lives are going well.

While their businesses are being ruined or they are losing their jobs because someone had to eat a bat and their government spent 3 weeks destroying evidence and covering it up? Yeah, at that point the media is only helping Trump by sticking to their pathetic virtue-signalling talking points.

How's your 401(k) looking?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

How's your 401(k) looking?

Good.  Liquidated it in January to roll over into a SEP.  How's yours looking?

Here is an email from my advisor on the subject:

Good Morning – we have received your rollover and it is currently sitting in cash in your SEP account.

With the current market environment we recommend that you average into the market over the next year to smooth out the volatility.

At your convenience give me a call and we can discuss.

Thank you,

***** *******,  CPWA®   

Private Wealth Analyst

NMLS ID: ***** ********

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Dare I ask why?

Speaks with a deep combination of knowledge and experience, in coherent sentences with a cohesive narrative that is both informative and calming in a time of great bewilderment.  

In another life, he'd be the head of the Task Force instead of Mike Pence who believes that this virus is caused by Chinese bats who flew, under the cover of night provided by the devil's reverse rotation of our axis, onto our shores and preyed upon the non-ferrous blood of the elderly.  How the fuck did the same tiny college produce Woody Harrelson and Mike Pence at the same damn time?    

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yes, the President couldn't have possibly known that at the time of their exchange in the briefing room.  Therefore the President's infantile outburst is perfectly justified and makes him a vision of leadership.  That exchange which won't get anywhere near the air play that "I take no responsibility" did was the perfect encapsulation of his presidency.  Because yes, we obviously need calmness and humanity in a time of great confusion.  But that doesn't mean that people still aren't scared.  Millions of Americans are scared.  It's not bad to admit that, it's humane.  Now we can't let fear control us, but it's okay to say SOME Americans are scared right now.  So Peter asks the President, media bias aside, you can talk to the Americans that are scared right now.  What would you like to say to them, turn away from me and look at the cameras directly and tell your fellow Americans something calming and visionary.  And then you saw what happened next.  

You didn't own the Liberal Media right then, Mr. President.  You don't own anything.  You just owe.  And your option is coming due.  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Trumpkins, "Uh, Doctor...you said we're not supposed to touch our faces!" 

Fauci, "You don't have to explain the fate of the nation every morning to a child like you were in a fucking Groundhog Day loop!"  

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Good.  Liquidated it in January to roll over into a SEP.  How's yours looking?

Here is an email from my advisor on the subject:

Good Morning – we have received your rollover and it is currently sitting in cash in your SEP account.

With the current market environment we recommend that you average into the market over the next year to smooth out the volatility.

At your convenience give me a call and we can discuss.

Thank you,

***** *******,  CPWA®   

Private Wealth Analyst

NMLS ID: ***** ********

Smells like bullshit.

Glad Johnny Sack took everything out of the footer except the credential, so we'd still know he's working with a CPWA, not just some run of the mill financial advisor.  

Though I still say he should have done a self-directed IRA given his penchant for private real estate deals.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From last night - NSIAP:

When you have no choice, you do what you have to do, but considering the effect other germs have once COVID shuts down the lung's ability to remove contaminants, the cross contamination concerns aren't just about the coronavirus.  And it's unlikely the families are going to be at the hospital at that point.  This is giving doctors options in desperate times that they wouldn't consider otherwise.     

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk