CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

People still don’t get it.  At all.  See the football thread.  It’s asinine to think football MAY not be back?  I mean history repeating itself blah blah blah.  We have no fucking treatment or vaccine.  This has 1919 written all over it.  Hope I’m wrong but to not even consider reality is doing everyone a disservice.  These are the people out and about like nothing is going on.  It’s going to prolong the damn quarantine and cost lives.  Those are facts.  

Edit:  I know this is shocking but a LOT if these imbeciles are trumptards.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Jimmy would build the ventilators himself and have Rosalyn sewing masks. 

He would probably come up with a peanut atom based cure.

The local gentry isn't going to take his seriously until someone they know dies from it and by then it's too fucking late.

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The American flag in Hoodlum's sig reminded me of something.  A couple of months ago I took my kids to a big tournament in the sport they play.  Every year there's a guy selling custom sweatshirts.  You can get you name printed on them and all that.  And the American flag.  I thought about getting the upside down flag -- the signal of distress -- on mine.  I thought, this will always remind me of 2020 . . .  Should have done it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RPM said:

He would probably come up with a peanut atom based cure.

The local gentry isn't going to take his seriously until someone they know dies from it and by then it's too fucking late.

That's right.  And it will continue for months.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

That was a direct quote from your dear leader today.  That's why it had, you know, quotation marks around it.  Pay attention, you lummox.  Now explain to me how you now process the same quote as layered brilliance from Big Don.  

+rep for lummox

People still don’t get it.  At all.  See the football thread.  It’s asinine to think football MAY not be back?  I mean history repeating itself blah blah blah.  We have no fucking treatment or vaccine.  This has 1919 written all over it.  Hope I’m wrong but to not even consider reality is doing everyone a disservice.  These are the people out and about like nothing is going on.  It’s going to prolong the damn quarantine and cost lives.  Those are facts.  

Edit:  I know this is shocking but a LOT if these imbeciles are trumptards.  
The amount of "hurr durr let's just cancel everything forever just to be safe" nonsense on that thread blows my mind.
  • Like 2

A nationwide month lockdown combined with robust testing a month ago would have saved thousands of lives and put us in a better position to get out of this.  

However, since we have a sociopathic imbecile with zero credibility, him pulling off a successful nationwide lockdown would have been far fetched a month ago. The lesson of this story is to not put ignorant/incompetent dumb fucks, that have lies measured in the thousands, in charge of national security.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 3

^^^ For all the women on this thread.  Someone sets you up with a blind date, the doorbell rings, you look through the peephole and see this.  WWYD?

Pepper spraying that Max Headroom looking fuckwad and kicking his balls repeatedly while he’s down.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Someone should get Dr Fauci away from there. Toooo close.

Then he grabbed a handful of pens in his tiny hand and proceeded to hand them out to everyone of these assholes.

The Dems should be relieved they weren't invited.

Seriously, i get skeeved out if i get within 12 feet of anyone these days. You have to assume EVERY person you run into is infected. I dont understand what "our leaders" are thinking sometimes.

Edited by yoladu

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Can someone tell me how da trumpz dollaz gun werk?

This reminds me of post ww1 germany printing money and driving inflation through their own fart boxes.

We haven't been able to drive inflation in decades.  Money supply apparently doesn't matter one bit.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

holy mother-fucking shit.

gives her the nickname "half-whit" and in the same sentence, says she's "in over her ahead."

i have no words.

yeah i hear you, i would have never thought Donald Trump would ever say such things. 

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Then he grabbed a handful of pens in his tiny hand and proceeded to hand them out to everyone of these assholes.

The Dems should be relieved they weren't invited.

Seriously, i get skeeved out if i get within 12 feet of anyone these days. You have to assume EVERY person you run into is infected. I dont understand what "our leaders" are thinking sometimes.

You need to look more at the bright side of things. There’s a very good chance at least one of those assholes has it but doesn’t know it yet. 

Frankly I can’t wait for trump to start holding his hate rallies again, while he once again proclaims the virus to be a democratic hoax. 

• Like 1

Our testing numbers in Alabama SUCK!

Dashboard with latest stats -

5db45d97f7ef169b36ab7dd24db13a18.jpg

3ea490f0425decd1929f497ade1c233c.jpg

7093dfa2eaf8339dd3291e5ba7d6053e.jpg

0740f814912f80c947788abf0c6567ff.jpg

So, using my very shitty math skills - and please correct any screw ups, I’m no mathematician!

Alabama’s population is

ed5cc5a8c029f7c6cc008c1019dbafc4.jpg

.097% of citizens have been tested.

13.4% of those tested are positive.

Extrapolating that positive percentage to the population as a whole gives us an idea but it’s obviously not a great comparison given the variables (our current positive rate should be mitigated somewhat if the current tests have only been done on a more at risk set of patients).

But let’s take a range of 6.7% (half the current rate) to the current infection rate of 13.4%.

Gives us a range of anywhere from 328,877 to 657,755 possible infections for the state.

Current deaths at 4 (one was just announced and isn’t on the dashboard yet).

Of 639 infected with 4 deaths that’s a death percentage of .63%.

Obviously, that death rate should decline if current testing is only done for the sickest patients.

Extrapolating that death rate for estimated infections-

Low end estimate of 328,877 infections calculated for low end .31% death rate - 1,020 deaths.

Low end of 328,877 infections calculated for .63% high end death rate - 2,072 deaths.

High end estimate of 328,877 infections calculated for low end .31% death rate - 2,039 deaths.

High end estimate of 657,755 infections calculated for high end .63% death rate - 4,144 deaths.

So Alabama is possibly looking at a deaths numbering anywhere from 1,020 to 4,144 deaths if the current numbers stay as they are.

Alabama has approximately 1,300 ventilators but experts say only around 800 are available.

So here’s where the available vents stack up against the estimated death rates (reports suggest most deaths are patients who required vents during their treatment).

Low end - 1,020 would leave the state 220 ventilators short.

High end - 4,144 would leave the state 3,344 ventilators short.

Our testing rate is woefully inadequate.

• Like 2

I firmly believe that with the right leadership we would be entering the tail end of this crisis having suffered only a fraction of the economic damage and lost lives.  Had Trump recognized back in Nov-Dec-Jan what was coming and acted decisively (gradually shut down all international travel over Jan-Feb, immediately gotten started provisioning PPE/tests/treatments/vaccines, nationwide shelter-in-place during all of March), the US would have <50,000 total cases, and there would be almost no risk of overwhelming the healthcare system.  We really would be looking at Easter as a realistic time to reopen the country.

I don’t know what previous presidents would have done.  I don’t know if they would have had better information to work with or if they’d have acted more decisively.  But it’s almost impossible to imagine anyone handling this in a more divisive, dishonest, and confusing way.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Like 8

On 3/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

For health care infrastructure?  
yes. If that makes me an asshole so be it. 

That doesn't make you an asshole. It makes you a stupid cunt.

You know what rural hospitals do with people who are really sick? They send them to the city hospitals.

Rural areas are a lot less prepared for this than NYC.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Our testing numbers in Alabama SUCK!

Dashboard with latest stats -

5db45d97f7ef169b36ab7dd24db13a18.jpg

3ea490f0425decd1929f497ade1c233c.jpg

7093dfa2eaf8339dd3291e5ba7d6053e.jpg

0740f814912f80c947788abf0c6567ff.jpg

So, using my very shitty math skills - and please correct any screw ups, I’m no mathematician!

Alabama’s population is

ed5cc5a8c029f7c6cc008c1019dbafc4.jpg

.097% of citizens have been tested.

13.4% of those tested are positive.

Extrapolating that positive percentage to the population as a whole gives us an idea but it’s obviously not a great comparison given the variables (our current positive rate should be mitigated somewhat if the current tests have only been done on a more at risk set of patients).

But let’s take a range of 6.7% (half the current rate) to the current infection rate of 13.4%.

Gives us a range of anywhere from 328,877 to 657,755 possible infections for the state.

Current deaths at 4 (one was just announced and isn’t on the dashboard yet).

Of 639 infected with 4 deaths that’s a death percentage of .63%.

Obviously, that death rate should decline if current testing is only done for the sickest patients.

Extrapolating that death rate for estimated infections-

Low end estimate of 328,877 infections calculated for low end .31% death rate - 1,020 deaths.

Low end of 328,877 infections calculated for .63% high end death rate - 2,072 deaths.

High end estimate of 328,877 infections calculated for low end .31% death rate - 2,039 deaths.

High end estimate of 657,755 infections calculated for high end .63% death rate - 4,144 deaths.

So Alabama is possibly looking at a deaths numbering anywhere from 1,020 to 4,144 deaths if the current numbers stay as they are.

Alabama has approximately 1,300 ventilators but experts say only around 800 are available.

So here’s where the available vents stack up against the estimated death rates (reports suggest most deaths are patients who required vents during their treatment).

Low end - 1,020 would leave the state 220 ventilators short.

High end - 4,144 would leave the state 3,344 ventilators short.

Our testing rate is woefully inadequate.