CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

in Houston it seems like we still have too many “essential” businesses that should be closed.  I’m working from home, so I mainly can see that home services and construction appear to be business as usual. Perhaps the chances of the lawn crew spreading covid-19 are extremely low but they’re all in a truck together. As they spread it among their families, it may lead to one less ventilator being available.  

i do realize that it’s easy for me to be saying that when my company is still paying me a full salary to work from home. If they told me that the only option to get paid was to be at the office, admittedly I might go in.

i also drove by a park on a trip to the pharmacy on Thursday. The walking paths were packed and I saw at least a few picnics.

• Like 2

What did she say that was wrong?  I mean, far be it from me to contradict a renowned scholar like Ben Fucking Shapiro, but the shame in that clip is all on him.  Somehow, I don't think you get that, probably because you're incapable of getting it.

• Like 2

Price gouging laws need to be repealed. New York State is going after pharmacies that are compounding hand sanitizer and selling it for higher prices than Purell. The ingredients are already high priced unless you buy in bulk! Why is selling 4oz of compounded hand sanitizer for $5 a bad thing when the alternative is not selling it at all?

14 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I was talking about the unquoted stuff at the bottom, buzzard splat.  

My bad and disregard my blundering outburst.  Even Brickhorn, for God's sake, had to point out that it's highly likely I'm an asshole.  Just a dumb ego lashing out there.  Had a rugged week.  Probably only laughed once in ten days while watching the tiger and sodomy and crazy white folks documentary.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What did she say that was wrong?  I mean, far be it from me to contradict a renowned scholar like Ben Fucking Shapiro, but the shame in that clip is all on him.  Somehow, I don't think you get that, probably because you're incapable of getting it.

I guess it's more like she's crying like a child, like Kavanaugh crying. Unless you think it's cool that he cried now, so it's cool that she acts like a sniveling child on the floor as well.

• Fuck You 4

18 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Why was she dancing though?

AOC, as usual, makes a good point particularly in the light of Donald Trump's stated intention to flaunt the oversight that is part of the bill.

This clown criticizing her chooses the tired rightest tactic of ridicule. AOC is juxtaposed with the ranting representative from Michigan as though their presentations are similar. They're not.

The right is reduced to trying to diminish AOC's reputation by laughing at her even when they know she's solid. It's classic hate engine stuff. Hur hur, look at her gesticulations! It's like she dancing! Hur hur! And the right eats it up.

Is this guy the heir to Rush? I've only heard his name from time to time, but I believe he's a big deal to the Trump GOP. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I guess it's more like she's crying like a child, like Kavanaugh crying. Unless you think it's cool that he cried now, so it's cool that she acts like a sniveling child on the floor as well.

You're very deep.

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Are all tears the same?

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You're very deep

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

AOC, as usual, makes a good point particularly in the light of Donald Trump's stated intention to flaunt the oversight that is part of the bill.

This clown criticizing her chooses the tired rightest tactic of ridicule. AOC is juxtaposed with the ranting representative from Michigan as though their presentations are similar. They're not.

The right is reduced to trying to diminish AOC's reputation by laughing at her even when they know she's solid. It's classic hate engine stuff. Hur hur, look at her gesticulations! It's like she dancing! Hur hur! And the right eats it up.

Is this guy the heir to Rush? I've only heard his name from time to time, but I believe he's a big deal to the Trump GOP. 

You're very wordy, just to say not much of anything.

9 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Price gouging laws need to be repealed. New York State is going after pharmacies that are compounding hand sanitizer and selling it for higher prices than Purell. The ingredients are already high priced unless you buy in bulk! Why is selling 4oz of compounded hand sanitizer for $5 a bad thing when the alternative is not selling it at all?

Can you post any stories about this? Buying Purell and then jacking up the cost 5x is wrong but if someone makes their own santizer, I think they have a right to sell it for $1000 if they wanted. If you can validate a reasonable markup of product costs and labor, why not. 

What grinds my gears are these retail arbitrages bastards that cleaned out stores and posted everything online. And it goes beyond hand sanitizer. Then you're stuck buying something on ebay for hopefully 3x the store cost plus shipping. 3 weeks ago it was fully in stock at the store down the street.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I still can't believe it's that high. 

We're going to rally 'round the flag. It's what we do. His rally bump was pathetic. It doesn't last for any of them and since his was so small it didn't take long for him to fuck it up again. Opening his piehole every day for a stream of lies and nonsense that makes Fauci facepalm will do it. Going on Hannity to be even more of an asshole grinds it down even faster. 

He won't shut up. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

in Houston it seems like we still have too many “essential” businesses that should be closed.  I’m working from home, so I mainly can see that home services and construction appear to be business as usual. Perhaps the chances of the lawn crew spreading covid-19 are extremely low but they’re all in a truck together. As they spread it among their families, it may lead to one less ventilator being available.  

i do realize that it’s easy for me to be saying that when my company is still paying me a full salary to work from home. If they told me that the only option to get paid was to be at the office, admittedly I might go in.

i also drove by a park on a trip to the pharmacy on Thursday. The walking paths were packed and I saw at least a few picnics.

Same for me, I still get my pay since I work from home anyways.  My wife and I take our two daughters for a walk on the community trail every afternoon. Saw some young teens playing HORSE, wearing gloves, at the community bball courts that the HOA said was closed.

Those walks are the only thing that gives us a piece of normalcy in our days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Trump will do something about this, he can’t afford to lose his base

Part of me thinks Trump has realized he's a one term president.  Or if shit like this is going to keep happening and he has to do more than play golf, then the job isn't really worth it.  

I point to his treatment of Michigan.  He's dead in the water without the Rust Belt. If he can't make a meaningful effort for them then he's grabbing all the money he can and headed for Brazil.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

My bad and disregard my blundering outburst.  Even Brickhorn, for God's sake, had to point out that it's highly likely I'm an asshole.  Just a dumb ego lashing out there.  Had a rugged week.  Probably only laughed once in ten days while watching the tiger and sodomy and crazy white folks documentary.

Understood man.  It's a tense time for all of us if we stop long enough to think hard about it.     My go to has been shameless for the past couple of weeks.   Stay clean, man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Still wish Hillary would STFU.  I'd totally be down if Obama did this, though.

She doesn't need to STFU.  As much shit as she's had to put with in last four years, this is nothing.  

Obama has a Supreme Court confirmation in his future.  He needs to lay low for that.  

• Like 2