CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

20 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Wait - there is an insider trading by Kelly Loeffler issue? Is there an insider trading by Georgia Senator Kelly Loeffler thread or insider trading thread? or Georgia Senator Kelly Loeffler thread, insider trading or no?

Just so the Googles is aware, it is this Kelly Loeffler (born November 27, 1970 is the junior United States Senator for Georgia since 2020. She is a Republican. Loeffler served as chief executive officer (CEO) of Bakkt, a subsidiary of commodity and financial service provider Intercontinental Exchange. Loeffler is co-owner of the Atlanta Dream in the Women's National Basketball Association) who in her spare time practices insider trading:

kelly-loeffler.jpg

Here is Ms. Kelly Loeffler, trader of stock with privileged information,  with Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.  We cannot be certain that Ms. Loeffler extended inside information for stock sales to the Senate Majority Leader Mr. McConnell during this visit, but we cannot rule it out completely.  We certainly do not want to confuse Ms. Loeffler with any other women with the same name.

1280px-Loeffler_and_McConnell.jpg

And here is Kelly Loeffler, notorious inside trader of stock with the Vice President of the United States, Mike Pence.  Please note; it is alleged that Mr. Pence prayed for his sins after this photo was taken.  Also in this picture is Ms. Loeffler's husband, Mr. Jeffery Sprecher.  We can safely assume that Mr. Sprecher also participated in insider trading of stocks, with information provided to him by his wife, Ms. Kelly Loeffler, Republican Senator who also practices insider trading.  Also of interest, the infamous insider trader Kelly Loeffler resides with her husband in Tuxedo Park, Atlanta, in a $10.5 million, 15,000-square-foot (1,400 m2) estate named Descante, bought in the most expensive real estate transaction ever recorded in Atlanta.  It is unknown at this time if the proceeds from insider trading were used in this real estate purchase, but it is highly plausible.

1280px-Vice_President_Mike_Pence_Attends

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Just so the Googles is aware, it is this Kelly Loeffler (born November 27, 1970 is the junior United States Senator for Georgia since 2020. She is a Republican. Loeffler served as chief executive officer (CEO) of Bakkt, a subsidiary of commodity and financial service provider Intercontinental Exchange. Loeffler is co-owner of the Atlanta Dream in the Women's National Basketball Association) who in her spare time practices insider trading:

Here is Ms. Kelly Loeffler, trader of stock with privileged information,  with Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.  We cannot be certain that Ms. Loeffler extended inside information to the Senate Majority Leader Mr. McConnell during this visit, but we cannot rule it out completely.  We certainly do not want to confuse Ms. Loeffler with any other women with the same name.

Thank you for posting the photos of insider trader Kelly Loeffler who is in insider trading Senator from Georgia, where she lives with her husband after insider trading. The insider trading Senator is on recess right now so she is probably mulling over what to do next after insider trading. Hopefully not more insider trading!

I can't help but notice in the photo of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell with insider trader Kelly Loeffler that he is staring at not her brain, where insider trader Kelly Loeffler probably held the thought, "Hey insider trading, I think I'll do that," but at her chest, where insider trader Kelly Loeffler clutches in her heart the hope that she will not go to prison for insider trading. Who knows if insider trader Kelly Loeffler will go to prison for insider trading, but she should, and come to think of it, her husband and Mitch should join her because insider trading is a crime.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2020 at 11:42 AM, SameSame said:

Aggies.  The entire board of texags is exactly like that.  That's is sincerely how they think, and it's scary that so many are still like that.  They have a thread on there now talking about storming the state capitol to get the governor to open the state up.

Oh god please please let aggy storm the state capital. Please.

Aside from discussing the news of insider trader Kelly Loeffler, has anyone ever read this man's twitter page before? Rep. Richard Dangler (love the name) represents Washington's 11th Congressional District. His account is very personal and very unfiltered. He had a LOT to say about the removal of Navy captain Crozier from the aircraft carrier (I think the rep is/was a Marine) but my favorite tweet is this one from this morning:

Edit to add: I just realized after some thought, I'm not sure that account is real. I'm such a dummy. He has no blue check and most Congresspeople do. Aw well, he's still a hoot to read.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

it's because their governor is tonguing trump's asshole.

it's truly bizarre to me how politics is transcending massive threats to human life, but such is the manner of the times.  

de santis is following the lead of the republican party executive. as are all the republicans. because, for them, being republican is more important than leading people to safety.

You mean like when the Democrats were calling Trump racist and xenophobic after he issued the China travel ban?  Or like the Democrats holding up a relief bill to put funding for the Kennedy Center and the National Endowment for the Arts into it?  I could go along with what you say if you would have phrased it as "for them, being a politician is more important than leading people to safety."  because both parties have done things in their interests instead of the country's interest.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Here's a recording from the vessel of the address, complete with sailors reacting in real-time in the background

What an absolute bag of shit. His use of the word "betrayal" triggers UCMJ concerns, since treason is punishable by death. And "betraying" your nation and brothers in arms certainly constitutes treason, if they really feel that strongly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You mean like when the Democrats were calling Trump racist and xenophobic after he issued the China travel ban?  Or like the Democrats holding up a relief bill to put funding for the Kennedy Center and the National Endowment for the Arts into it?  I could go along with what you say if you would have phrased it as "for them, being a politician is more important than leading people to safety."  because both parties have done things in their interests instead of the country's interest.

But which interests will cost more lives? 

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

How are those polls going for your man?

We'll find out in November.  I'm not worried unless they decide to hold the election by mail.  If that happens half the country is not going to believe the results no matter what happens.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

We'll find out in November.  I'm not worried unless they decide to hold the election by mail.  If that happens half the country is not going to believe the results no matter what happens.

Oh you mean like right now? He's still certain that he won the popular vote.

If it doesn't matter then why did you bring it here last time you showed up?

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You’re worried because you know republicans won’t win with high participation. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tuco said:

Yesterday, the number of daily deaths in the US dropped.  Might be an outlier.  Over the last few days, the number of daily deaths in Italy and Spain also dropped.  

It does make me wonder if there has been a shift in treatment that has been successful.  Not saying it's a particular cocktail of pharmaceuticals, but it might be.  Hopefully the trend holds. 

think we're finally seeing the delayed effects of social distancing

1 minute ago, pacman said:

Agreed.

Of course, the reason for mentioning it for the President has nothing to do with its worthiness for the sick, it is to alleviate economic concerns which has been his focus from the beginning of this crisis.

#noCR because I am not judging his focus

Sorry to drag this convo over to CR, but trying to be a good boy lest I make CTJ uncomfortable.

It also very well could be that trump likes HCQ because Novartis (its manufacturer) started paying his slush fund that he was paying off hookers with back in 2017. Deffo couldn't be any sort of ulterior motive hidden in those details.

• Like 3

Just now, EMAWesome said:

University of Washington has updated their projections

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Projected deaths by Aug. 4 now 81,766 (assuming social distancing regulations remain in effect through May).

Also has projections for every state.

TRUMP SAVED 120,000 LIVES!!!!!! FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Projected deaths by Aug. 4 now 81,766 (assuming social distancing regulations remain in effect through May).

This is very good news. They were suppose to release the update on Saturday. When they didn't I thought that might have meant the projections were getting much worse. 

Aside from discussing the news of insider trader Kelly Loeffler, has anyone ever read this man's twitter page before? Rep. Richard Dangler (love the name) represents Washington's 11th Congressional District. His account is very personal and very unfiltered. He had a LOT to say about the removal of Navy captain Crozier from the aircraft carrier (I think the rep is/was a Marine) but my favorite tweet is this one from this morning:
Edit to add: I just realized after some thought, I'm not sure that account is real. I'm such a dummy. He has no blue check and most Congresspeople do. Aw well, he's still a hoot to read.

His name is Dick Dangler. Without doing any research beyond that, I would assume it’s a parody account
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

His father was a cartel hit man who killed the only federal judge murdered in the line of duty in the history of the US.  Rather than admitting that uncomfortable fact, Woody tried to pretzel logic his way into believing his dad was set up as the victim of some conspiracy in order to rationalize that he was innocent.  I guess once you start down that road, plus do a lot of drugs and work in Hollywood, then the conspiracies just cascade from there.

At least at the time.  And I can't remember it changing since.

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

A play to prop up Novartis wouldn't make much sense imo.  Seems like a pretty straight chasing the first glimmer of hope that some quack interjected into his information stream via Rudy G. 

10 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

This is a good update, incorporating more information to model the impact of social distancing.  It moves the peak in Texas earlier, and keeps us within our hospital capacity thresholds.  NY and NY appear to be driving the capacity deficits.  

11 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

well, trump is a racist and is actually xenophobic, so...if the shoe fits.

let's go to the record:

there is actually nothing in that that is inaccurate. please note that biden was using the proper terminology, calling this a crisis. what was trump saying on feb 1 about the coronavirus?

and i know it's a fool's errand to argue with a fool on the internet, but i will acknowledge the democrats playing stupid games with the stimulus bill. nevertheless, the degree to which the responsibility for the harm to the public, i'd say that the racist and xenophobic administration shoulders, by far, the lion's share of the blame for our current situation.

also, let's not forget that he did not ban all travel from china, nor did we quarantine people upon their return, which contributed significantly to the spread here. 

further, he stalled for a month to stop travel, despite being warned in december.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-nsc/as-trump-administration-debated-travel-restrictions-thousands-streamed-in-from-china-idUSKBN21N0EJ

But Reuters has found that the administration took a month from the time it learned of the outbreak in late December to impose the initial travel restrictions amid furious infighting.

During that time, the National Security Council staff, the state department and other federal agencies argued about everything from how best to screen for sick travelers to the economic impact of any restrictions, according to two government officials familiar with the deliberations.

The NSC staff ultimately proposed aggressive travel restrictions to high-level administration officials - but it took at least a week more for the president to adopt them, one of the government officials said.

In meetings, Matthew Pottinger, deputy national security adviser and a China expert, met opposition from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and National Economic Council director Larry Kudlow, said two former NSC officials and one of the government officials involved in the deliberations. The two top aides were concerned about economic fallout from barring travelers from China, the sources said.

Each day that the administration debated the travel measures, roughly 14,000 travelers arrived in the United States from China, according to figures cited by the Trump administration. Among them was a traveler who came from Wuhan to Seattle in mid-January, who turned out to be the first confirmed case in the United States.

On Jan. 22, Trump downplayed the threat posed by the virus, telling CNBC from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, “We have it totally under control.”

The battle within the White House over whether and how to stop infected travelers from China lasted nine more days.

On Jan. 31, Trump issued a proclamation barring entry of non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of citizens and permanent residents, who had traveled to China within the last two weeks. The restrictions have since been expanded to many other countries.

so let's not pretend that his "travel ban" on china was some momentous, bold decision. he dragged his feet for a fucking month on that decision. he's a terrible leader. any support for him and other republican leaders downplaying the danger of this virus is very close to criminal.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

His name is Dick Dangler. Without doing any research beyond that, I would assume it’s a parody account

Yes, that's why I edited it. The penny dropped and I was like, "OH." As the afternoon draws nigh, the mental midgets cast long shadows. My afternoon starts a little earlier than others...

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

kelly-loeffler.jpg

Here is Ms. Kelly Loeffler, trader of stock with privileged information,  with Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.  We cannot be certain that Ms. Loeffler extended inside information for stock sales to the Senate Majority Leader Mr. McConnell during this visit, but we cannot rule it out completely.  We certainly do not want to confuse Ms. Loeffler with any other women with the same name.

And here is Kelly Loeffler, notorious inside trader of stock with the Vice President of the United States, Mike Pence.  Please note; it is alleged that Mr. Pence prayed for his sins after this photo was taken.  Also in this picture is Ms. Loeffler's husband, Mr. Jeffery Sprecher.  We can safely assume that Mr. Sprecher also participated in insider trading of stocks, with information provided to him by his wife, Ms. Kelly Loeffler, Republican Senator who also practices insider trading.  Also of interest, the infamous insider trader Kelly Loeffler resides with her husband in Tuxedo Park, Atlanta, in a $10.5 million, 15,000-square-foot (1,400 m2) estate named Descante, bought in the most expensive real estate transaction ever recorded in Atlanta.  It is unknown at this time if the proceeds from insider trading were used in this real estate purchase, but it is highly plausible.

1280px-Vice_President_Mike_Pence_Attends

Aren't those pictures of KElly loeffler, the insider trader?

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Pence looks so uncomfortable in that picture. 

Despite the chaperone, Pence looks uncomfortable because he is in the same room with insider trader Kelly Loeffler and insider trader Kelly Loeffler's husband. Since Kelly Loeffler is an insider trader, that could have implications for the Vice President because insider trading is a serious offense. Shaking hands with insider trader Kelly Loeffler means that Pence has shaken hands with an insider trader named Kelly Loeffler and regardless of how he is staring deeply into her eyes knowing that insider trader Loeffler is an insider trader, we all know he is desperately thinking of how not to give insider trader Kelly Loeffler's husband, Jeffery, the once over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, trump is a racist and is actually xenophobic, so...if the shoe fits.

let's go to the record:

there is actually nothing in that that is inaccurate. please note that biden was using the proper terminology, calling this a crisis. what was trump saying on feb 1 about the coronavirus?

and i know it's a fool's errand to argue with a fool on the internet, but i will acknowledge the democrats playing stupid games with the stimulus bill. nevertheless, the degree to which the responsibility for the harm to the public, i'd say that the racist and xenophobic administration shoulders, by far, the lion's share of the blame for our current situation.

also, let's not forget that he did not ban all travel from china, nor did we quarantine people upon their return, which contributed significantly to the spread here. 

further, he stalled for a month to stop travel, despite being warned in december.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-nsc/as-trump-administration-debated-travel-restrictions-thousands-streamed-in-from-china-idUSKBN21N0EJ

so let's not pretend that his "travel ban" on china was some momentous, bold decision. he dragged his feet for a fucking month on that decision. he's a terrible leader. any support for him and other republican leaders downplaying the danger of this virus is very close to criminal.

The travel ban is a perfect Trump move. It's an almost completely pointless act, when done so simply, and it was full of workarounds and holes due to the slipshod and rushed nature in which it was rolled out.

But it can be distilled down to a catchphrase "Travel Ban!" and that makes sense to people who don't know better or who don't think for a single minute about how it might work. 

Also, it's a ban on something, which Trump always wrongly associates as a power move, like tariffs. Meanwhile people could just connect through Narita or something and stroll right on ib past our flimsy layers of incompetent bureaucracy. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Here's a recording from the vessel of the address, complete with sailors reacting in real-time in the background

What an absolute bag of shit. His use of the word "betrayal" triggers UCMJ concerns, since treason is punishable by death. And "betraying" your nation and brothers in arms certainly constitutes treason, if they really feel that strongly.

That's extraordinary.  I am blown away that the crew of a capital ship in the United States Navy would be so enraged to loudly express that to the SecNav.

That ship has to be a tinderbox right now.

1 minute ago, DigDug said:

Sorry to go back, but I heard this morning, and it's unconfirmed, that Karen's family has insisted on changing her cause of death from corona to unknown.  Apparently they don't accept corona as a cause.  

Is the 'they' the family? Just making sure I understood you to mean that it is the family that doesn't accept COVID as the CoD.

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Is the 'they' the family? Just making sure I understood you to mean that it is the family that doesn't accept COVID as the CoD.

Yes, apparently the husband is trying to change it because of the backlash.  

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's extraordinary.  I am blown away that the crew of a capital ship in the United States Navy would be so enraged to loudly express that to the SecNav.

That ship has to be a tinderbox right now.

It was a really good idea to escalate the situation.  A mutiny on an aircraft carrier would be a nice cherry on top of this shit sundae.