CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

The bad side of giving everyone a voice is there are some really stupid and evil people in society. The job the "news media" just to do of filtering out the guy saying the earth is flat doesn't happen anymore. Now that idea spreads enough where other people hear it. It is clearly insane, but now there is a group of insane people trying to spread that theory, they have connected on social media and have a voice.

A whole lotta this.

If you are old enough, you remember occasionally stumbling across WRITTEN newsletters....of utter batshittery.  That's where you saw the rambling screeds about the moon landing being a hoax, that sort of thing.  There were always batshit crazy fucks who believed various batshittery, but it was hard for them to connect and amplify.  There was a built in threshold of "critical mass" about any idea -- it had to be accepted enough to get "mainstream" attention before it was really out there in front of the whole world.

Now, there is no threshold.  Any nutbar can say anything and publish it in a way the whole world can see.  And if some nefarious, sick fucks (like this regime) see the message as serving their ends, they can immediately amplify it.

What used to be a nutty newsletter printed on a mimeograph machine for 70 people is now a rambling internet screed that goes out to millions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Jesus: "Last time I was around this fucker trying to lead the way, I had to fast in the desert for forty fucking days and nights.  That sucked.  Fuck this shit, I'm out."

"Was sold out by his own people and died poor!  Sad!"

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

He retweeted her pro-HCQ position and it has of course gone viral (pun intended) in the GOP and twitter-right. 

I'm sure @triplehorn is giddy from another source backing his position. 

Sad, not giddy.  A 100% uniquely American shit show.  Our numbers reflect it in so many ways.

This Dr. Stella won't convince me about anything regarding Nigerian demon sperm, but I don't believe she's lying or deluded about no deaths occurring in 350+ patients she's treated in TX.  Quite a lot of docs in TX prescribing this regimen and taking it themselves prophylactically.  They're keeping it in office with their patients and choosing to not draw public attention to themselves, for reasons that are all way too obvious today. 

Most health care providers are accustomed to seeing people every day who are misinformed, have odd personal beliefs about medicine, and who routinely use bad judgement that negatively affects their prospects for health.  It kind of pays the bills.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If you are old enough, you remember occasionally stumbling across WRITTEN newsletters....of utter batshittery.  That's where you saw the rambling screeds about the moon landing being a hoax, that sort of thing.  There were always batshit crazy fucks who believed various batshittery, but it was hard for them to connect and amplify.  There was a built in threshold of "critical mass" about any idea -- it had to be accepted enough to get "mainstream" attention before it was really out there in front of the whole world.

It's almost like it used to be a virus with an R0 < 1, and now it's a virus with an R0 > 1.

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Sad, not giddy.  A 100% uniquely American shit show.  Our numbers reflect it in so many ways.

This Dr. Stella won't convince me about anything regarding Nigerian demon sperm, but I don't believe she's lying or deluded about no deaths occurring in 350+ patients she's treated in TX.  Quite a lot of docs in TX prescribing this regimen and taking it themselves prophylactically.  They're keeping it in office with their patients and choosing to not draw public attention to themselves, for reasons that are all way too obvious today. 

Most health care providers are accustomed to seeing people every day who are misinformed, have odd personal beliefs about medicine, and who routinely use bad judgement that negatively affects their prospects for health.  It kind of pays the bills.

Hopefully, the number of people she has actually treated in Texas is 0. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You know, for an omnipotent god, Jesus sure takes the circuitous, suboptimal route sometimes. Wouldn’t it be easier just to smite coronavirus?

What’s the point of smiting a single website that censored some posts advocating a (supposed) potential therapy for coronavirus? Even if that divine DDOS attack works, maybe it convinces a few hundred people that HCQ is an effective therapy. A direct zap on COVID-19 would be far more effective and save vastly more lives. 

9 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Hopefully, the number of people she has actually treated in Texas is 0. 

At least 350 around Katy, evidently, and reporting zero deaths.  Somebody show she's lying or hiding even one patient dying of heart block and it's open and shut.  I'll hang up and listen.

Edited by triplehorn

I'm hoping that it's zero patients, not because of HCQ, but due to the rest of her medical "beliefs" or whatever you want to call them. Though, if she really is treating people with HCQ, I'd be interested in what she's doing to monitor her patients' heart rhythms (as they are presumably seeing her on an outpatient basis). 12-lead ECG machines aren't cheap, and I don't think a lot of general practitioner offices bother with having one. 

Edited by trauma babe
Q not G, holy shit
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Quite a lot of docs in TX prescribing this regimen and taking it themselves prophylactically.  They're keeping it in office with their patients and choosing to not draw public attention to themselves, for reasons that are all way too obvious today. 

that's some pretty important secret information you were able to uncover, and i think you should go to the papers with it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

At least 350 around Katy, evidently, and reporting zero deaths.  Somebody show she's lying or hiding even one patient dying of heart block and it's open and shut.  I'll hang up and listen.

Yeah, someone show this guy that the witch doctor isn't telling the truth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Show the receipts.  I don't think I'm ready to just take her word for it - you know, we're all still a bit on the fence on whether she is correct about the whole Alien DNA and Demon Sperm things.  Besides, she's a supposed pediatrician - how many of her self-professed 350 patients were child-age and would not have died without any treatment at all?

1 minute ago, TexLonghorn said:

Show the receipts.  I don't think I'm ready to just take her word for it - you know, we're all still a bit on the fence on whether she is correct about the whole Alien DNA and Demon Sperm things.  Besides, she's a supposed pediatrician - how many of her self-professed 350 patients were child-age and would not have died without any treatment at all?

Don't tell my ex-wife this. She keeps telling my kids if they will just meditate, raise their vibrations and surround themselves with the right crystals they will be fine. Oh, and COVID never impacted India cuz they are spiritual. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I'm hoping that it's zero patients, not because of HCG, but due to the rest of her medical "beliefs" or whatever you want to call them. Though, if she really is treating people with HCG, I'd be interested in what she's doing to monitor her patients' heart rhythms (as they are presumably seeing her on an outpatient basis). 12-lead ECG machines aren't cheap, and I don't think a lot of general practitioner offices bother with having one. 

I can't speak about applied human chorionic gonadotropin, but the safety of hcq has been long since established.  To my knowledge a screening EKG is not even recommended in people who do not have known cardiac health or conduction problems. The drug is over the counter in a lot of countries around the world and the number of adverse events recorded during routine use of this medication is almost undetectable in relation to the tens of millions of doses taken over the last 60 years. Safety is not the issue at all.  It's an irrational scare that materialized in the US out of thin air back in March.  How and when during the course of illness it's use is best applied and to what quantifiable effect is still open for further clarification.  But 65 studies and counting show positive results, particularly when used as early as possible and prophylactically.  

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's almost like it used to be a virus with an R0 < 1, and now it's a virus with an R0 > 1.

R0 for this is greater than 2.   maybe as high as 10 (though not likely).  in NY it has been estimated at 6.4.   R was less than 1 for a while. 

Edited by elfenix

Posted this on the Senate 2020 as well.... but it is Coronavirus related:

Like I said there, this seems like starting to build lifeboats on the titanic after it had already hit the iceberg.

I mean, people have already lost their f’ing healthcare and only now do you want to ensure that ppl can stay on it?

This if sofa king regarded and reeks of desperation for JC and McSally.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I'm hoping that it's zero patients, not because of HCQ, but due to the rest of her medical "beliefs" or whatever you want to call them. Though, if she really is treating people with HCQ, I'd be interested in what she's doing to monitor her patients' heart rhythms (as they are presumably seeing her on an outpatient basis). 12-lead ECG machines aren't cheap, and I don't think a lot of general practitioner offices bother with having one. 

Isn't she a pediatrician? Why would she have seen 350 Covid patients?

Just now, Anastasis said:

R0 vs Rt is his point I think. 

I was simply trying to paint political batshittery as formerly being a controlled virus (R0 < 1) but now, due to social media, it has become a virtual epi/pandemic (R0 > 1).  If my use of the wrong exponential "R" constant was flawed, mea culpa.  I really wasn't looking for peer review.  I'm not publishing my theory.  Holy Jesus some of you people ("you people") make my pedantry look mild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

There is almost no way she has treated 350+ covid patients.  Hard to tell where she actually practices though.  A single pediatrician treating 350+ symptomatic cases of covid would have been newsworthy.  If she is prescribing HCQ to asymptomatic children, she should face malpractice suits. 

57 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

That’s not how this shit works unless you can prove I’m not God.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1