CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Where did you go to medical school?  Perhaps I missed it.

Never went to med school. I do have two degrees unlike him though. I'm also not trying to, you know, dictate global health policy. That should be up to the experts & the scientists. 

Edited by fakebusiness
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

A morbidly obese 75 year old woman drinking full sugar coca-cola, whose husband had Covid-19, is an anti-vaxxer, and introduced legislation prohibiting community spread mitigating measures in her state as positive cases spiked 10x, is now suggesting that when it comes to Epidemiology---we look to the Amish for best practices?  I see the simulation is not quite done fucking with us yet. 

"Consult the world famous Cleveland Clinic or the Case Western Medical School?  Nah!  I can talk to Jacob the horseshoe maker and Levi the wheat farmer to get best practices.  I've sent word for them to testify and they shall arrive in a fortnight by buggy."  

I wasn’t sure if this was already discussed on another thread.  I just saw this state rep from North Dakota on MSNBC talking about how we should stop forcing people to wear masks because many people don’t like them and are tired of having to wear them.  The article is linked below along with one of this guys quotes about mask wearing.  I could care less if a bunch of dumbass North Dakotans want to harm themselves but unfortunately people doing stuff like this hurts the rest of the country in our battle against Covid.  This really had me thinking about states rights for some reason.   Many of these red states, including my own state of TX, are run by such idiots it makes you wonder if its time to take away the ability for these folks to pass laws.   Yeah, I get you can always take a bad law to court and run it all the way up to the Supreme Court but at this point Alabama could pass a law saying all citizens must be Christian or they lose their status as a citizen and people like Justice Clarence Thomas would agree with it.  I wonder how we ended up in a place where such absolute morons are running things.

"The mask is a part of a larger apparatus of a movement of unelected, wealthy bureaucrats, who are robbing our freedoms and perpetuating lies," Hoverson said, Prairie Public Press reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-dakota-house-passes-bill-banning-mandatory-face-masks

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I wasn’t sure if this was already discussed on another thread.  I just saw this state rep from North Dakota on MSNBC talking about how we should stop forcing people to wear masks because many people don’t like them and are tired of having to wear them.  The article is linked below along with one of this guys quotes about mask wearing.  I could care less if a bunch of dumbass North Dakotans want to harm themselves but unfortunately people doing stuff like this hurts the rest of the country in our battle against Covid.  This really had me thinking about states rights for some reason.   Many of these red states, including my own state of TX, are run by such idiots it makes you wonder if its time to take away the ability for these folks to pass laws.   Yeah, I get you can always take a bad law to court and run it all the way up to the Supreme Court but at this point Alabama could pass a law saying all citizens must be Christian or they lose their status as a citizen and people like Justice Clarence Thomas would agree with it.  I wonder how we ended up in a place where such absolute morons are running things.

"The mask is a part of a larger apparatus of a movement of unelected, wealthy bureaucrats, who are robbing our freedoms and perpetuating lies," Hoverson said, Prairie Public Press reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-dakota-house-passes-bill-banning-mandatory-face-masks

There's a few morons in the DT thread like "omg if I'm still wearing a mask by Christmas, I'm going to lose it"

Why?

Is it such an impediment to your life to wear a piece of cloth in front of your face?  I don't think I'll fly or take a light rail/bus/Uber without wearing one.  ESPECIALLY because flu deaths were basically nothing this flu season - because people wore masks! 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is all pretty shortly going to become undisguised antisemitism. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

There's a few morons in the DT thread like "omg if I'm still wearing a mask by Christmas, I'm going to lose it"

Why?

Is it such an impediment to your life to wear a piece of cloth in front of your face?  I don't think I'll fly or take a light rail/bus/Uber without wearing one.  ESPECIALLY because flu deaths were basically nothing this flu season - because people wore masks! 

It’s not Christmas without a few snowflakes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Why?

Those people never had it in the first place.

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Why?

I was thinking about this yesterday as I got my hair cut.  It's just part of what we do now.  It never was a big deal, though it felt strange at first.  It's not hard.  It doesn't stop you from doing anything.  These people are just insane.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvxk9a/china-anal-covid-tests-us-diplomats

China Gave US Diplomats Anal COVID Tests ‘In Error,’ American Officials Say

The Chinese government has promised to stop using anal swabs on American diplomats to test for COVID-19 after Washington complained that the practice was undignified, the U.S. State Department said.

“The State Department never agreed to this kind of testing and protested directly to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs when we learned that some staff were subject to it,” a State Department spokesperson told VICE World News on Wednesday.

The spokesperson said Beijing had assured Washington that the test was given “in error” and that diplomatic personnel were exempt from the test, which was mandatory for incoming travelers in some parts of China.

That Aint Right GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Speaking of, hot wheels said today that he's going to end the state mask mandate soon. Which means cities won't be able to have their own since his order overrides theirs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Another analysis on first dose effectiveness....

https://www.authorea.com/users/332778/articles/509881-single-dose-bnt162b2-vaccine-protects-against-asymptomatic-sars-cov-2-infection?

Vaccination of HCWs at CUHNFT began on 8th December 2020, with mass vaccination from 8th January 2021. Here, we analyse data from the two weeks spanning 18thto 31st January 2021, during which: (a) the prevalence of COVID-19 amongst HCWs remained approximately constant; and (b) we screened comparable numbers of vaccinated and unvaccinated HCWs. Over this period, 4,408 (week 1) and 4,411 (week 2) PCR tests were performed from individuals reporting well to work. We stratified HCWs <12 days or > 12 days post-vaccination because this was the point at which protection against symptomatic infection began to appear in phase III clinical trial.2

26/3,252 (0·80%) tests from unvaccinated HCWs were positive (Ct<36), compared to 13/3,535 (0·37%) from HCWs <12 days post-vaccination and 4/1,989 (0·20%) tests from HCWs ≥12 days post-vaccination (p=0·023 and p=0·004, respectively; Fisher’s exact test, Figure). This suggests a four-fold decrease in the risk of asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection amongst HCWs ≥12 days post-vaccination, compared to unvaccinated HCWs, with an intermediate effect amongst HCWs <12 days post-vaccination.

A marked reduction in infections was also seen when analyses were repeated with: (a) inclusion of HCWs testing positive through both the symptomatic and asymptomatic arms of the programme (56/3,282 (1·71%) unvaccinated vs 8/1,997 (0·40%) ≥12 days post-vaccination, 4·3-fold reduction, p=0·00001); (b) inclusion of PCR tests which were positive at the limit of detection (Ct>36, 42/3,268 (1·29%) vs 15/2,000 (0·75%), 1·7-fold reduction, p=0·075); and (c) extension of the period of analysis to include six weeks from December 28th to February 7th 2021 (113/14,083 (0·80%) vs 5/4,872 (0·10%), 7·8-fold reduction, p=1x10-9). In addition, the median Ct value of positive tests showed a non-significant trend towards increase between unvaccinated HCWs and HCWs > 12 days post-vaccination (23·3 to 30·3, Figure), suggesting that samples from vaccinated individuals had lower viral loads.

We therefore provide real-world evidence for a high level of protection against asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection after a single dose of BNT162b2 vaccine, at a time of predominant transmission of the UK COVID-19 variant of concern 202012/01 (lineage B.1.1.7), and amongst a population with a relatively low frequency of prior infection (7.2% antibody positive).5

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/25/2021 at 7:06 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I wonder how we ended up in a place where such absolute morons are running things.

It always circles back to aggy in Texas.

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Ted Cruz Names Phil Gramm His Economic Advisor

(bonus: Ted Cruz named Phil Gramm his economic advisor in his Presidential run and completes the circle). Phil fucked up Texas politics permanently. Stupidity has reigned in Texas ever since, because it wins elections in Texas.  All for me; none for thee mentality that fools the rubes.   He got paid, and the other swine followed suit.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I remember meeting Phil Gramm and Lloyd Bentsen at my first job, and not being able to figure out which one was a bigger dumbass.

Phil - by a mile - in hindsight. Cum-guzzling (NTTIAWWT) influence peddler (there is something wrong with that).

Should have been run out of office. By the time his grift was uncovered, his voters had gangrene of the head and he was entrenched.

F aggy

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/25/2021 at 9:18 PM, Anastasis said:

You are either misrepresenting or being outright dishonest.  I have never advocated for straying from the two shot regimen for PFE and MRNA shots. JNJ will likely/hopefully have an EUA in February for a one shot regimen. That will free up PFE and MRNA second doses. Again, the models are quite clear on the optimal vaccination approach.  Get shots in arms. 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:51 PM, FondrenRoad said:

Right, you said that. It will take 85 weeks for all NYC residents to get first shots at the current availability rate.  I guess second shots will start in the 86th week. Is 86 weeks in your flexibility window?  

So answer the question. Which arm is more important?  The one that needs a first dose or the one that needs a second dose?  Dr Anastasis only gets 1 dose a day. Every day he gets 3 brand new patients and he sees a patient who needs a second dose. Who does he give his shot to each day?  The drug company says they'll give him more doses in time but he used to get 2 and now he only gets 1 so can he be sure?

The models you posted assume that some if not most 2nd doses will actually still occur.  They assume a functional and increasing supply chain which doesn't currently exist.  A measured approach is better until it does. NYC could sign up 5 mllion people tomorrow.  They have 100k doses per week.  This is the math you keep avoiding.  There is already a 450k backlog of people awaiting a 2nd dose. Literally zero of them will get a second dose without one being reserved for a week.  Some of them probably already won't get a second dose the way things currently look. And that number will only increase as you use up the weekly 100k for more first doses.  Maybe instead, you think some people should get a 2nd dose and others shouldn't. How are you going to make that decision?  I guess a zero priority method could work if it wasn't appointment based. And lines would eliminate most of the 2nd doses too. I can't imagine waiting in a week-long line in 30 degree weather twice.  Personally, I would wait another whole year before I waited in that line even once. 

And yes, eventually there will be at least one single dose vaccine on the market. February is pretty optimistic. But if it does then great. The math tells me to wait for that one instead of getting caught in limbo with the current ones.  

What a dumbfuck. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

What a dumbfuck. 

You're still a dishonest shit stain, I see. You misread what was happening in NYC. There aren't fucking lines. There are appointments. The "reserves" weren't held for a month. They were "reserved" for the same fucking week.  "We tried to make it orderly, but fuck the appointments. We are switching to the Anastasis model. First come first served.  We get a shipment of vaccines every Tuesday so anyone who wants one just show up at the delivery truck.  I know we had you scheduled for a Saturday appointment but we only get vaccines once per week and Anastasis said we couldn't hold them that long.  He doesn't give a fuck about logistics but he's the boss."  And the whole fucking thing was really a publicity stunt to get a larger vaccine allotment, and it worked.  Are you ready to admit you were wrong on it?  Quit pretending we were discussing a theoretical scenario rather than a specific one. Then we can get on to discussing the issue generally.  If you recalled, I even said your posts had merit generally.  Of course, your selective quoting doesn't include that because you are dishonest to your core. But again.  Don't try to skip ahead.  Admit you were wrong on NYC.

On a side note, how do you go through life with zero ethics?  Do you ever feel good about yourself or do you just not care?  Seriously, you are dishonest on a Trump level.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Which arm is more important?  The one that needs a first dose or the one that needs a second dose? 

The greatest benefit is the first dose, clearly.  

They assume a functional and increasing supply chain which doesn't currently exist.

LOL. This has been proven wrong. You are probably use to it though. 

A measured approach is better until it does.

Again, wrong. The models demonstrate. 

And yes, eventually there will be at least one single dose vaccine on the market. February is pretty optimistic.

Again, wrong. JNJ approval on tap. 

The math tells me to wait for that one instead of getting caught in limbo with the current ones.  

Once again, your math is wrong.

44 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is way the fuck out, but when do you think the vaccines get approval for the children? Pfizer and Moderna are doing 12 and up trials and should have data by Summer. But then the 0-12 crowd might take a lot longer to get approval for vax use 

12+ read out of results 3-4Q2021. Under 12, 2022 and beyond. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Anastasis said:

The greatest benefit is the first dose, clearly.  

LOL. This has been proven wrong. You are probably use to it though. 

Again, wrong. The models demonstrate. 

Again, wrong. JNJ approval on tap. 

Once again, your math is wrong.

As bad as you suck at life, you suck even more at quoting. 

But since trying to play gotcha with selective quoting is your thing. Today is February 27. Where can I get the JNJ vaccine either today or tomorrow?  It isnt on tap for February. It's on tap for March .  But I fully expect you to ignore that just like you ignore the NYC specific scenario. 

So why don't you go ahead and continue trying to suck your own dick. Maybe you'll get it eventually.