CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

37 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Holy shit.  The look on the CDC woman’s face when Trump said this is not as bad as Ebola and that Ebola “disintegrates you.”  Lol.

Most shocking is that Trump would denigrate disintegration. That'll change once Stephen Miller gets in his ear.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

4 hours ago, horn4life said:

So it will actually be interesting to me to see if Trump evokes confidence in his speech tonight?  Or will the markets see it as something else?

The fact his "acting" Head of Homeland Security had no idea about the number infected or the death rate, was a moment of clarity. The people we now have in charge of protecting us, have a singular qualification that matters, loyalty to Donald Trump, nothing else matters.  What you have are a bunch of "acting" mini me Trumps that honestly have no idea what they are doing.  

This is the VERY FIRST actual crisis Trump has faced that was not largely of his own making. I expect a straight from the text speech with no questions.  

Not to defend the incompetent toadie manning the post, but maybe it wasn't a good idea to create this massive, bloated bureaucracy that requires one person to know all about protecting us from terrorists, health crises, illegal immigrants, etc. in the first place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:
1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:
These fuckers need to ask him about the Trump Crash in the stock market.

He blamed a significant part of it on the Democratic debate.

So let me follow though on the logic here. According to Trump, the democrats all displayed they were unfit for the presidency in their debate, so the markets tumbled. Why would the markets care, because surely a presidential savant like dotard would easily win re-election if that was the case. That's some 4d logic on display.

Edited by Blotto

7 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Fuck, build it till sea from shiny sea can't be seen from the coast, till at least this all blows over.

happy hour drinking GIF

But really, if something like The New Way Forward Act is anything to go by.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5383/text?q={"search"%3A["chamberActionDateCode%3A\"2019-12-10|116|1000\"+AND+billIsReserved%3A\"N\""]}&r=10&s=4

I was just going to ask how long until republicans start blaming this epidemic on the lack of a wall.

In other news:

How long until we start to hear about dOTarD pressuring CDC officials and others to downplay the seriousness of this "caronavirus" so that the stock markets, and by extension DotARd's re-election chances, stop tanking, despite the obvious threat to public health such pressure would cause?

I'm putting the over/under at 4 days.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I was just going to ask how long until republicans start blaming this epidemic on the lack of a wall.

In other news:

How long until we start to hear about dOTarD pressuring CDC officials and others to downplay the seriousness of this "caronavirus" so that the stock markets, and by extension DotARd's re-election chances, stop tanking, despite the obvious threat to public health such pressure would cause?

I'm putting the over/under at 4 days.

I don't want a wall.

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Making Pence Chief Pandemic Officer does have its benefits. Not so sure one of the Trump family would be the VP choice though. It would be hard to pass over Beelzebub.

I understand 20-40% of the public will never stop supporting Trump, but there is 0 chance Trump doesn’t catch equal amounts of shit for his administration’s failures as this blows up. 

• Like 1

Buckle up, buckaroos. It's about to get real bad if you're old, overweight, unhealthy, or don't have ready access to medical care. 
And yet, trumps base won't stop loving him. The ultimate con man with the ultimate marks. 

If this goes wide, that voting block will be devastated.

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Holy shit.  The look on the CDC woman’s face when Trump said this is not as bad as Ebola and that Ebola “disintegrates you.”  Lol.

2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

What the fuck?

pic? couldn't find it online besides the two videos on this page but they don't seem to be talking about ebola.

One thing that I find interesting from a psychological perspective is the kind of reaction we see on this and non-political board's reactions to this generalized threat.

Broadly speaking, we have one group discussing collective and cooperative actions to reduce the overall harm to society with a recognition that a communicable disease will spread regardless of individual action.

Then, we have another group who is planning to eliminate any perceived outside threat by way of isolation and preparation for individual violent actions and is boasting of arming itself to the teeth without a recognition that a communicable disease will spread regardless of individual action.

That right there seems like a plausible delineation between two different outlooks.

Edited by bolverk

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

One thing that I find interesting from a psychological perspective is the kind of reaction we see on this and non-political board's reactions to this generalized threat.

Broadly speaking, we have one group discussing collective and cooperative actions to reduce the overall harm to society with a recognition that a communicable disease will spread regardless of individual action.

Then, we have another group who is planning to eliminate any perceived outside threat by way of isolation and preparation for individual violent action and is boasting of arming itself to the teeth without a recognition that a communicable disease will spread regardless of individual action.

That right there seems like a plausible delineation between two different political factions.

If you don’t have at least 58,000 rounds of hollow points, how do you hope to survive Coronavirus?

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk