CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

On 5/19/2021 at 1:33 PM, Storm the Field said:

CDC's 7-day average of reported cases is down below 30K for first time since late June 2020, and has dropped 20K just this month.

E1xSA_BWUAQ-6H2?format=png&name=900x900

Moving average down to 27,778 after latest update. 7-day average for deaths is at 497. First time under 500 since 3/31/20.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

can you point me to the source on this? I'd like to be able to pull that up every day.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fcases-updates%2Fcases-in-us.html#trends_dailytrendscases

Click the tab below the chart for "Data Table"

• Hook 'Em 3

Doesn't that sorta ignore their supply problem? Similar to the UK they knew they didn't have enough for everyone to get two, so they employed the 1-shot strategy to maximize initial coverage. I think the US's strategy was good too considering supply is not the problem, but demand. So it's kinda comparing apples and oranges 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yes, they are stretching supply and elected to extend second dose interval, much like the UK did. We were in a similar place earlier and elected not to go that route. Now we have to fight demand constraint, and while supplies ramp in Canada they will be able to fill in the second doses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yes, they are stretching supply and elected to extend second dose interval, much like the UK did. We were in a similar place earlier and elected not to go that route. Now we have to fight demand constraint, and while supplies ramp in Canada they will be able to fill in the second doses. 

Yes, and perhaps they're not dealing with the same anti-vax bullshit that we are. But considering WE are dealing with that, i have no problem with the strategy we employed. It wouldn't make sense for us to only provide one shot when plenty are available and people simply won't take them. We'd be in worse position than we are, imho

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Yes, and perhaps they're not dealing with the same anti-vax bullshit that we are. But considering WE are dealing with that, i have no problem with the strategy we employed. It wouldn't make sense for us to only provide one shot when plenty are available and people simply won't take them. We'd be in worse position than we are, imho

I think the interesting points of that graph is highlighting how quickly they were able to close the first dose gap and the turn in hospitalizations. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I think the interesting points of that graph is highlighting how quickly they were able to close the first dose gap and the turn in hospitalizations. 

Agreed, and makes sense. A lot of lessons will be learned from this and next time it happens hopefully we will have learned the ideal implementation strategy

Agreed, and makes sense. A lot of lessons will be learned from this and next time it happens hopefully we will have learned the ideal implementation strategy
I learned that I need to GTFO of this country and ride it out elsewhere. Next time will be worse with all the muh freedoms crowd
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I learned that I need to GTFO of this country and ride it out elsewhere. Next time will be worse with all the muh freedoms crowd

China must be lovely.

Do it.

23 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Username checks out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Hey, we need everyone who would vote against the insurrection Party of Trump. Right?

Sure.  Riots and no school is a winning combination.

Rhode Island is now the eighth state to have administered at least one Covid-19 shot to 70% of its adult population, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The state joins Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Vermont, who have also vaccinated at least 70% of their adult population.

From a CNN article. Let's see, what do all these states (with the exclusion of some of Maine) have in common? 

Rhode Island is now the eighth state to have administered at least one Covid-19 shot to 70% of its adult population, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The state joins Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Vermont, who have also vaccinated at least 70% of their adult population.
From a CNN article. Let's see, what do all these states (with the exclusion of some of Maine) have in common? 

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I guess this is where this goes now:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelligence-on-sick-staff-at-wuhan-lab-fuels-debate-on-covid-19-origin-11621796228?mod=e2fb&fbclid=IwAR2nmLfL7UI0F8tXBhHS_5HtIrW99OMuwrp19O2M9T0vRv1sR8eRJBcPxvo

Intelligence on Sick Staff at Wuhan Lab Fuels Debate On Covid-19 Origin

Spoiler

Intelligence on Sick Staff at Wuhan Lab Fuels Debate On Covid-19 Origin

DREW HINSHAW MAY 23, 2021

WASHINGTON—Three researchers from China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology became sick enough in November 2019 that they sought hospital care, according to a previously undisclosed U.S. intelligence report that could add weight to growing calls for a fuller probe of whether the Covid-19 virus may have escaped from the laboratory.

The details of the reporting go beyond a State Department fact sheet, issued during the final days of the Trump administration, which said that several researchers at the lab, a center for the study of coronaviruses and other pathogens, became sick in autumn 2019 “with symptoms consistent with both Covid-19 and common seasonal illness.”

The disclosure of the number of researchers, the timing of their illnesses and their hospital visits come on the eve of a meeting of the World Health Organization’s decision-making body, which is expected to discuss the next phase of an investigation into Covid-19’s origins.

Current and former officials familiar with the intelligence about the lab researchers expressed differing views about the strength of the supporting evidence for the assessment. One person said that it was provided by an international partner and was potentially significant but still in need of further investigation and additional corroboration.

Another person described the intelligence as stronger. “The information that we had coming from the various sources was of exquisite quality. It was very precise. What it didn’t tell you was exactly why they got sick,” he said, referring to the researchers.

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No way a lab with reports of lax lab procedures that also happened to be collecting bat corona viruses from the regions  where a bat coinfection would explain the origin of sars cov2 is relevant. Conspiracy theories. 

Trust the science, bro!

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No way a lab with reports of lax lab procedures that also happened to be collecting bat corona viruses from the regions  where a bat coinfection would explain the origin of sars cov2 is relevant. Conspiracy theories. 

It’s pretty much a given at this point. In the future it will only depend on your standard of “proof” but my standard says China is lying it’s ass off so we already know the true answer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s pretty much a given at this point. In the future it will only depend on your standard of “proof” but my standard says China is lying it’s ass off so we already know the true answer.

Such a racist thing to say!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Welcome to the club man. 

sad/pathetic that *check notes* Guam has a higher vaccination rate than all of the states that went for Trump except Nebraska and Maine (which were both split), South Dakota, Iowa, and Minnesota.

By contrast, of the states that went to Biden, only Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, Illinois, and Georgia are behind Guam in vaccination rate.

abc-election-map-nov-13-2020-abc-jc-2011

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder if the politicization of the vaccine has actually helped in blue states. Just as much as retards are refusing to get a vaccine because they need to show their Trump fidelity, I wonder if the opposite it is true for some Trump haters.

You’ve got the causation backwards.