CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I had never heard the horse paste thing until perusing this thread.

Now I'm wondering... who the fuck tried it first, and then made the declaration that it worked?

At least horses are mammals.  At least their pastes are safe for consumption by some branch of our same tree of living creatures.  

Your hero endorsed the consumption of bleach.  Which is not safe for any living creature.  Ever.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/08/24/some-americans-are-tragically-still-drinking-bleach-as-a-coronavirus-cure/?sh=456acc756748

I know, I know.  That crazy left-wing batshit crazy news outlet, Forbes.   

I'm not gonna piss on his grave...that's too dignified.  I'm gonna pour bleach on it.  

Now then, back to horse paste.  Can it be used for anal?  

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Lollapalooza. Chicago is about to go through some things

Not just Chicago. Remember when Covid first started and they released those maps of florida spring break with cell phone signals showing where they all went back to after their trips?  Lollapalooza people came from everywhere. 

10 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

About the right amount of time between the right leaders telling their flock to get them and for the flock to go through the 5 stages of grief.  

I still don’t understand the emotional attachment to getting a shot.  There were people in the spring just absolutely giddy that they got their vaccination. Neither the glee nor the regret are rational. 

Hallmark should be selling both celebration and sympathy cards for vax day, right?

Edited by slorch

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You don’t get why people were excited to be inoculated against a potentially deadly disease that had kept them locked down for a year?

Yeah, if they were 80, I get it.  I guess I should buy into the hype(doom/gloom)  a little more.

10 hours ago, justhookit said:

Actually I do and I’ve said it before. While everyone whines about this and that, maybe we can do something constructive. Let’s put trauma babe  and her partners with a film crew in every tv area and have them film an intubation and then interview the family. Local news.  I’m all for scare tactics right now. Or we can continue to argue about Trump.

Trump busted his ass to get these vaccines developed and get them distributed to his people so that they would be safe from the China virus.

I think George Soros is paying people to infiltrate conservative groups and media like Fox News to try and cast doubt on Trump's vaccine, and to try and get Trump followers killed by China's biological weapon, by making Trump's people think vaccines and masks don't work.

^^ That's what I'm posting next time I see a friend or family member pop off on the vaccines or masks.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, slorch said:

Yeah, if they were 80, I get it.  I guess I should buy into the hype(doom/gloom)  a little more.

I find it interesting that you’re interpretations people feeing giddy/happy/relief/mix of all those with buying into hype. But I guess you are true to your conservative nature maybe? Nothing should really disturb your homeostasis of just being…. neutral about everything?  

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

One of the big problems with the Fox conversation about the vaccine is that the message of “you are making a decision to help end a global pandemic” is never presented and instead it is always presented as “you are deciding between being forced to do somebody g by the government or a chance of getting sick”.  

because of that framing, we get Slorch-like reasoning above by so many people.  Can’t even fathom limiting activity because your own health risks aren’t that bad. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, YChang said:

I find it interesting that you’re interpretations people feeing giddy/happy/relief/mix of all those with buying into hype. But I guess you are true to your conservative nature maybe? Nothing should really disturb your homeostasis of just being…. neutral about everything?  

We’re all day to day.  Getting the shot isn’t( shouldn’t) be a life changing event.  I mean yeah, when I get a cut, the bandaid is cool to stop the bleeding or yeah, I’m really glad that Advil worked on my headache.  It’s not an achievement of anykind, however.  Neither is a vaccination, for most of us.

3 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

One of the big problems with the Fox conversation about the vaccine is that the message of “you are making a decision to help end a global pandemic” is never presented and instead it is always presented as “you are deciding between being forced to do somebody g by the government or a chance of getting sick”.  

because of that framing, we get Slorch-like reasoning above by so many people.  Can’t even fathom limiting activity because your own health risks aren’t that bad. 

What if we got vaccinated for the very reason that we believe it was simply the right thing to do,without all of the emotional baggage?

Is that possible for some of you?  Does everything have to be a team loss or win?  

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

What if we git vaccinated for the very reason that we believe it was simply the right thing to do,without all of the emotional baggage?

Is that possible for some of you?

Yes of course! And I’m wiling to bet for the vast majority of people who got vaccinated… the thought was very likely it’s the right thing to do. I think the emotional aspect comes shortly after or at the same time. We are human beings after all. It’s nearly impossible to say… hey remove the emotional baggage. You probably know that to be true in other aspects of life, why would this be any different. We are not rational beings. 

Just now, Mole said:

The vaccine meant that my parents could hold and play with their grandchildren again after about 18 months without that risk of killing them. I guess that’s not a big deal if you hate the concept of family.

Yep, vaccine meant that my kids got to hug their grandparents without alarms going off in my head that they might kill them. Nothing to get too worked up about at all. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

The vaccine meant that my parents could hold and play with their grandchildren again after about 18 months without that risk of killing them. I guess that’s not a big deal if you hate the concept of family.

Please take your emotional baggage elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

We’re all day to day.  Getting the shot isn’t( shouldn’t) be a life changing event.  I mean yeah, when I get a cut, the bandaid is cool to stop the bleeding or yeah, I’m really glad that Advil worked on my headache.  It’s not an achievement of anykind, however.  Neither is a vaccination, for most of us.

I wasn’t aware that cuts and headaches put people on ventilators. Fuck off

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

That argument makes zero sense.  It would make sense if you got a cut and your choice of putting or not putting a band aid on it affected others around you or the entire world.  You really are an idiot aren’t you.  That Texas Tech education is serving you well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

I don't know if Slorch is trolling... but he clearly has a unique perspective on the weight he attaches to events that happen in life. Seriously, I so want to hook someone like him up to an EEG and see what part of the brain is firing off when they're thinking about topics like this. 

I’ll say it again: in WWII the Government told you that you can’t buy tires or gas for your cars - or nylon hose - or all kinds of things. This went on for four years. So you grew veggies in Victory Gardens because food was harder to get - and you collected scrap metal to help the cause.

Oh. And you had to quit work and join the military where death was likely, no matter what you thought about it.

Today’s GOP Patriot would have none of that, because “Muh Freedoms!!” and “I get to choose if I have to help society not die from a clear threat - not the Government!!”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

51 minutes ago, slorch said:

Getting the shot was literally a life changing event. It meant we could get back to living life with some semblance of normalcy without the threat of death or serious illness from COVID 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, sidis said:

i, more than most on this board, try to give slorch the benefit of the doubt as much as possible.

but man, he is going full dipshit in this thread.  christ.

Big mistake, imo. I’ve had him on ignore for years. Life is too short and there are too many people in the world to waste time on morons and trolls. 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

What if we got vaccinated for the very reason that we believe it was simply the right thing to do,without all of the emotional baggage?

Is that possible for some of you?  Does everything have to be a team loss or win?  

tenor.gif?itemid=13411844

13 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Getting the shot was literally a life changing event. It meant we could get back to living life with some semblance of normalcy without the threat of death or serious illness from COVID 

Stopping at a red light does the same thing.   Party time…

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Stopping at a red light does the same thing.   Party time…

You're not this stupid. Pretending to be for shits and giggles in beneath you.

I didn't get vaccinated for "my team" to score points jesus fucking christ. 

6 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I did not consider it a life changing event.  I weighed the facts as I knew them, considered the Covid cases around people I know both  severe and mild, and determined that getting the vaccine was the best decision much as it would have been had I been considering a vaccine dose for small pox,  polio, tuberculosis, measles, mumps, or Q fever.  There really is no virtue in just doing your damn job as a human being and taking advantage of the advances in modern medicine, it should just be expected as part of the obligation we have to ourselves and others.

• Hook 'Em 1

Why the hell would you think people were emotional because it was a “team win” as opposed to joy and relief at safely being able to be with elderly family members? Or for me being able to safely be around others after my healthy mid30s sister had a “mild” case of covid, but serious neurological problems for 10 months afterward.
  • Hook 'Em 1