Oops, He Did It Again: Cali Convict Canes Second Pedo to Death in Days

MaybeACoordinator

800.jpeg

Someone must have left the SHU door unlocked.

CORCORAN, Calif. (AP) — A second convicted child molester has died after he was beaten with a walking cane by another inmate last week at a central California prison, officials said Wednesday.

Graham De Luis-Conti, 62, was pronounced dead on Sunday at a hospital, three days after authorities said he was attacked at California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in the small central city of Corcoran, corrections officials said in a statement.

They said Jonathan Watson, 41, used the cane to beat the heads of both inmates. David Bobb, 48, died en route to the hospital.

Both victims were serving life prison sentences for aggravated sexual assault of a child under 14 years old.

From reading other reports it looks like he attacked them both at the same time. I thought he killed one and then the other a few days later....I have to wonder if this wasn't sanctioned by prison officials. I've heard of that happening in California -- they will put the worst pedos in a cell with some jacked-up lifer who had been raped as a child and surprise, surprise -- that is the pedo's last cellie, ever. (After pretending to punish the lifer, they are rewarded with more privileges.) 

This is one of those things that on paper I should think is vile and beneath a civilized society but I really, really have trouble giving a shit. 

On 1/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

This is one of those things that on paper I should think is vile and beneath a civilized society but I really, really have trouble giving a shit. 

Citizens can be nonplussed or even satisfied by it, but the government absolutely should neither condone nor allow it if they can help it.

You can't have a system where you legislate then mete out specified punishments and consequences but later have rogue actors deliver beatings, fatal or otherwise. 

Edited by Huckleberry

Citizens can be nonplussed or even satisfied by it, but the government absolutely should neither condone nor allow it if they can help it.
You can't have a system where you legislate then mete out specified punishments and consequences but later have rogue actors deliver beatings, fatal or otherwise. 

Fuck that. Order the code red.