Texas vs LSU- 1 pm on ESPN. Hepa and Liddell both out for the game.

Goo Punch

Does Shaka ever tell our players to do a shot fake?  Other teams do it all the time against us, our players go flying to try to defend the shot, and then they have a wide open shot.  When's the last time one of our players has faked a three?

Back when I played, this was a semi-regular part of practice, working on your shot fake. Of course that was the 8th grade so it’s not really fair to Shaka.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Does Shaka ever tell our players to do a shot fake?  Other teams do it all the time against us, our players go flying to try to defend the shot, and then they have a wide open shot.  When's the last time one of our players has faked a three?

He does tell our players to put on their mean faces.  

• Haha 1

I can't remember a team that just consistently took a worse shot than their opponent... seemingly every possession, every game, all season long.  

Other teams move the ball, set on-ball and off-ball screens, exploit matchups, make an extra pass -- and they get rewarded with easier looks.  Meanwhile, we're launching off-balance, contested shots.  

Sometimes forced shots happens when a team has no athleticism to create a good look.  But it should not happen here.

This team is no fun at all to watch.  

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Back when I played, this was a semi-regular part of practice, working on your shot fake. Of course that was the 8th grade so it’s not really fair to Shaka.

My middle school coach had the physique of the guy from the pic I just posted, but he had an unbelievably good ball fake. He would get guys on a fake pass to get an open shot every single practice. That skill is a lost art in today's game.

10 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

They fake a three every time they shoot one.  Our entire offense is fake because it's not actually designed to score real points.

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

It's sad we've sunken to the level where the building comes alive after getting within 10 points of an unranked team.  I do applaud the fans and mental patients that have stuck through this shitshow, though.

Feel bad for the people that went to this - there's a million better things to do in Austin

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Is there a waiting period to be inducted into the college bball hall of fame? Or can Ramey just go straight in today?

He and Shaka can split a U-Haul, because Smart will be lucky to coach at UM-KC next year (located right next to the hall of game).  

Serious question---where will Shaka end up coaching next year?  I think he catches on a program that's whatever you call the level below mid-majors.  NEAC, Big South, Sun Belt?