Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I do love the Rogan bro hypocrisy on display.

Supporting a call for private platforms to better police dangerous shit that Rogan is selling: "CENSORSHIP!  FREEDOM!  FIRST AMENDMENT!"

State actors actually taking action against a doctor for shaming people in his department to get vaxxed: "well, see, nuance, and such.  I mean, strong language may well be interpreted as a mandate.  And the State needs to watch out for those, so it's all good."

Exhibit eleventy billion in the case of "the people who shout the loudest about THA CONSTITUTION!  MAH RIGHTS!" have zero fucking understanding of the Constitution.

1) A doctor employed by the government in a government position vs. Civilian in the free market

2) A doctor in a position of power (employer/employee power dynamic) vs. A podcaster shouting into the wind for whomever would like to listen

3) A doctor using language that may or may not be toeing the line of coercion in a place where mandates are illegal and worth an investigation vs. Nothing even remotely potentially illegal

4) Brisket once again falling in love with his own train of thought

Exhibit eleventy billion in the case of "Brisket cannot be anything more than a mediocre lawyer". Okay, at best average but, really, at worst very bad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

1) A doctor employed by the government in a government position vs. Civilian in the free market

2) A doctor in a position of power (employer/employee power dynamic) vs. A podcaster shouting into the wind for whomever would like to listen

3) A doctor using language that may or may not be toeing the line of coercion in a place where mandates are illegal and worth an investigation vs. Nothing even remotely potentially illegal

4) Brisket once again falling in love with his own train of thought

Exhibit eleventy billion in the case of "Brisket cannot be anything more than a mediocre lawyer". Okay, at best average but, really, at worst very bad.

At least he didn't play the race card, so progress?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

They do now get N95 masks for the remainder of the year.  And false equivalency, nothing is nothing--absolutely anything is better than nothing.  Maybe not as effective but a hell of a lot better than nothing.  I'm willing to bet the percentage would be a whole lot higher if everybody was maskless.  And even it only proved 10% less effective, it's still more effective.  Why is this a difficult concept?  

For public health purposes, restaurant cooks washing hands in tepid water for 3 seconds is better than nothing. You repeat that 50 million times, its much better than nothing. 5 billion times.

For the individual case, you got a sick cook who barely washes their hands after each restroom break, then that can be an issue.

You got a sick child sneezing and coughing in a public space, you want them with a cloth mask and covering their cough rather than spraying it all over. Its not a difficult concept. Omicron has changed the formula, but the fundamentals remain.

Rogan and others focus on their individual protection rather than public health protection. They’re most wrong when discussing public health solutions, but also misinform with individual advice.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

No, my kids had no issues learning in masks. I’d be willing to bet most of the kids that have issues wearing masks also have parents that complain about wearing masks. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Bullseye.

My daughter, who teaches third grade, can verify this.

Anecdotal, I have two kids in grade school and they wear N95s in a kid size.  The younger one occasionally says she wishes she didn’t have to, in the same tone as she wishes she didn’t have spelling words.

But where we are it’s just the done thing and there’s no whining from any quarters for the most part. Your mileage may very but I imagine like many things, kids take their lead on what they can and cannot tolerate from their parents and other adults. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bravo said:

CR detectives did it again. Turns out he is hard of hearing and we never knew and somehow slipped past the yearly hearing checks. Thanks y'all! eyeroll.gif

So why don’t you buy his teacher a clear mask? Then everyone can be safe and your kid is in the best position for success.

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So why don’t you buy his teacher a clear mask? Then everyone can be safe and your kid is in the best position for success.

because he doesn't want solutions, he wants to bitch and scapegoat. He wants someone/something to blame when his kid falls behind everyone else. Those damn libruhls and their masks are surely to blame! It can't be genetics!

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bravo said:

I went down this road early on in Aug. She is double mask only and asked me not to bring it up again as it is her choice and she would try to do a better job speaking louder. It isn't changing. She also speaks behind a plastic partition a lot to make it even more difficult to hear. He is just going to have to get through this year. 

She couldn’t double mask with a clear mask? Sorry but this sounds like absolute bullshit. 

3 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I don’t know anything about that blog, but his credentials are strong. I don’t see a lot of holes to punch in this breakdown, plenty of citations/hyperlinks. 

Comparing anything COVID related to the fucking holocaust is a pretty big hole for this Jew.  Sweet hyperlinks, though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bravo said:

I did above. My youngest who is in 2nd constantly complains of not being able to understand some of his teachers all the time. He complains he is constantly fighting with his mask, it fogs up his glasses so sometimes he has to take them off then he can't see the board. All sorts of stuff like that. That is real things. Not to mention not actually being able to see facial expressions and lips moving. It's real. You don't think that impacts the educational experience in the classroom?

Maybe your kids are just like their old man: dumb as a bag of hammers.

• Haha 1

so the signs will stop people from speeding in school crosswalks?? they're all up since this school started and it is countless cases of people getting tickets. I would be shocked if no one has not seen it at this point in the school. There may be a few but it isn't many. No one has died in the crosswalk in almost 3 yrs at the school or even hospitalized. Prove it will stop injuries and I may be with you. It's an honest question. 

fify
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

so the masks will stop people from getting covid in school? they're all masked since this started and it is countless cases. I would be shocked if no one has not had it at this point in the school. There may be a few but it isn't many. No one has died in almost 3 yrs in the school or even hospitalized. Prove it will stop the spread and I may be with you. It's an honest question. 

Stop?  Of course not.  Greatly reduce?  Of course.  Have you not heard a single doctor on television during the last two years?

On 1/19/2022 at 11:44 AM, Bravo said:
I did above. My youngest who is in 2nd constantly complains of not being able to understand some of his teachers all the time. He complains he is constantly fighting with his mask, it fogs up his glasses so sometimes he has to take them off then he can't see the board. All sorts of stuff like that. That is real things. Not to mention not actually being able to see facial expressions and lips moving. It's real. You don't think that impacts the educational experience in the classroom?

Your kid sounds like a whiner. Wonder where he got that from.

Edited by blacklab
user taking time off for attack against family member

So with kids you still talk about another father's kid like that? I'm not human though because red team so anything goes. You're a piece of garbage. 
Is your kid a whiner? You really made him sound like a whiner. Don't get angry with me because of the way you describe your kid on the internet. Yeah, masks are an inconvenience. Everybody hates wearing them, but they're an inconvenience... a relatively minor one at that. The way you describe your kid, it sounds like he's in an iron lung. It's up to us to teach our kids to recognize the difference between an inconvenience and true hardship. It's then up to us to teach them to work through both.

If you don't want other internet dads to question your parenting, stop painting your kid in an unfavorable light... or do better.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

where did i describe him as him being in almost in an iron lung? hyperbole much? Insect. Go troll elsewhere and go after other posters kids. I won't stoop to your low level.
Me? Troll? How many usernames have you burned through on these message boards?
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

oh, this will be delightful. What misinformation? Specifics please. That cloth masks are largely ineffective (per CDC)? Paper masks not much better and N95 masks offer the only real protection in a environment where youre in class 8 hrs a day? 

Let’s see you’ve been thrown off this board like 5 times now but yea you’ve been honest the whole time. Dunces gonna dunce.

• Hook 'Em 1

where did i describe him as him being in almost in an iron lung? hyperbole much? Insect. Go troll elsewhere and go after other posters kids. I won't stoop to your low level.
Ha! The balls on this POS calling someone else a troll.

Here's an idea Bravo, stop trolling every post and maybe, just maybe you can possibly earn back some credibility.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, Bravo said:

There is another scenario. Masking kids with paper and cloth masks is completely ineffective and all for show. They don't wear them right, cloth and paper masks don't really work well at all even if used correctly. Maybe if you could get them all in N95 masks and for them to wear them correctly then you'd have a case. It hinders education for a purpose it isn't even accomplishing. My kid's school has a mask mandate. I'd bet at this point +50% of the school has had Omicron. Last winter it was the same or more with earlier variants. They're just pointless on kids at school for 8 hrs. 

Serious comment: get KN94's. No appreciable filtering difference from 95's, they have good fit and coverage, and are just a hell of a lot easier to wear. The shape makes breathability way better. It's been our daily go-to for school and no complaints from my kid. Pro tip: get kid's size, in black, and they don't even look ugly or weird. Obviously check to make sure you don't get counterfeits.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1