Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

I remember that podcast.  First JRE pod I ever listened to.  I think it was recommended here.  

Anyway the neanderthal with the microphone kept asking Osterholm if he caught COVID could he just hop in the sauna and sweat it out.

Osterholm politely explained to him that wouldn't work.

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 4:57 PM, bluto said:

Fun to look back at how much the world has changed in 4 yrs

https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/s/dL2R6kOHL6

It’s easy to get people to listen when they’re locked down.
That truth shit stopped when he realized that truth doesn’t help with ratings when they had to return to real life.

Edited by Dnaguy

Interesting. I was thinking recently about how I used to listen to Rogan all the time (when he had a good guest on) and I didn't remember having to wade through a bunch of insane stupid bullshit. Good to know that started later, for the most part anyway.

With 12 months from that interview Rogan had completely switched to pandering to dumb, mostly redneck, ignorant MMA bros I'm assuming because he feels that's where the ratings are. He needs the ratings to justify another big payout from Spotify once his deal is up. A lot of stupid people around and they're easier to get riled up and listening than intelligent and discerning people. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I remember essentially cutting out on JRE when it went to Spotify exclusively.  It was a combo of just preferring the Apple Podcast for keeping track of pods, and all the whining he'd been doing about the COVID lockdowns.  He was inserting more and more of himself and less of letting the guest talk.  He'd constantly get side tracked whining about lockdowns and cancel culture and all I could think was "you're a fucking millionaire 100x over and ain't no way you're getting canceled for this stupid shit you say".  I just lost interest completely.

• Like 2