Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

Clowns like Rogan make me consider reversing my stance on legalization.

Really, this is a the face of the issue that’s going to persuade others?   SMDH.   Not convincing at all.

20 hours ago, Fletch said:

Dude. I like the guy just fine. His politics are fucking absurd. It’d be nice if he avoided that shit and just shot the shit with Burr and the sober October group. Get Stanhope in there every now and then. The Elon episodes were awesome. He’s had a bunch of historians, astrophysicist, biologist, archaeologists, navy seals, etc. as guest. Stick with that. He’s at his best when he’s either shooting the shit with other comedians or just letting a casual conversation take place with Elon Musk or a historian just talk about the 3rd Reich or whatever. Just shut the up about politics unless like Trumps piss tape got out or whatever 

This is where I'm at with him.  Just finished (over a few days) his 5 hour show with Duncan Tressel and it was great.  Now the one recently with that mma Kennedy guy was a little too conspiracy theory for me.  Bill Burr's most recent one with him was fantastic.  Especially when Burr told him to shut up about the mask thing because they're not scientists so there is no point in going there.  

I also agree with others in that I'm not going to Joe for politics.  I'm going for him (along with his guest) to entertain me and provide some background noise mostly.

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And there it is:  He gives legitimacy to a lot of people who do not deserve it.  One of my in-laws is into qanon shit, and she's passed along plenty of Rogan's stuff as proof that those fucking idiots are onto something.  Rogan legitimizes them.   

This. It doesn't matter that he occasionally says people shouldn't take him seriously on political issues if he's going to keep offering dumb and uninformed political takes and platforming Q-adjacent bullshit and the intellectual dark web dorks to his enormous audience. I appreciate his apology but I doubt he's actually going to learn from a mistake and change anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This. It doesn't matter that he occasionally says people shouldn't take him seriously on political issues if he's going to keep offering dumb and uninformed political takes and platforming Q-adjacent bullshit and the intellectual dark web dorks to his enormous audience. I appreciate his apology but I doubt he's actually going to learn from a mistake and change anything. 

He also has people like Kyle Kulinksi and Abby Martin on, people mainstream press wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole. Rogan's not a good source of political information or insight, but he's a mixed bag not a Nazi.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

He also has people like Kyle Kulinksi and Abby Martin on, people mainstream press wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole. Rogan's not a good source of political information or insight, but he's a mixed bag not a Nazi.

Everyone's a mixed bag to one degree or another. The mixed bag that platforms nazi-adjacent assholes like Stefan Molyneux is worse than the mixed bag that doesn't.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:15 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I pick and choose rogan videos in youtube. For the ones I open, I’m entertained by them. I’m just hearing about how he went on about Biden’s “obvious dementia” earlier this year. That was a horrible and wrong take.  

Does Biden not suffer from it? He's almost 78.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:39 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rogan knows a lot about a few subjects like stand up comedy or ufc. Outside of that he usually goes along with the guest’s point of view. He’s not going to out politic a discussion with Ben Shapiro since Shapiro has arguments and half facts lined up. 

Is he supposed to "out politic" his guests?

Listened to his recent Ron White episode and it was great. They talked about Rogan moving to Austin and White (already lives here) was trying to get him to open a comedy club, which he just recently announced he would. It was really surreal hearing them talk about my hometown and it's neighborhoods so openly. Good show.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Fuck You 5

8 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Maybe you should watch a little less Hannity. 

I don't watch Hannity, but I have watched Biden stumble a couple of times on a canned speech given from his basement and read from a teleprompter. I did see he gave his acceptance speech at the convention decently, but getting drugged up for an hour of public exposure is not unheard of in political circles and has knowingly happened for almost a century. Being president is a full time job that is extremely stressful and has visually affected much younger men than him. Has he addressed any of the rumors? Can Kamala Harris be counted on to rule fairly and competently if cannot finish a term? At age 78 most American men are getting their car keys taken away, and this guy is about to win the US election. It is a serious concern.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 19

1 minute ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

I don't watch Hannity, but I have watched Biden stumble a couple of times on a canned speech given from his basement and read from a teleprompter. I did see he gave his acceptance speech at the convention decently, but getting drugged up for an hour of public exposure is not unheard of in political circles and has knowingly happened for almost 90 years. Being president is a full time job that is extremely stressful and has visually affected much younger men than him. Has he addressed any of the rumors? Can Kamala Harris be counted on to rule fairly and competently if cannot finish a term? At age 78 most American men are getting their car keys taken away, and this guy is about to win the US election. It is a serious concern.

You do realize Trump is 74, and completely fat and out of shape, right?  I'm not sure he is the spry chicken you make him out to be.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

I've watched him stumble a couple of times on a canned speech given from his basement and read from a teleprompter. I did see he gave his acceptance speech at the convention decently, but getting drugged up for an hour of public exposure is not unheard of in political circles and has knowingly happened for almost 90 years. Being president is a full time job that is extremely stressful and has visually affected much younger men than him. Has he addressed any of the rumors? Can Kamala Harris be counted on to rule fairly and competently if cannot finish a term? At age 78 most American men are getting their car keys taken away, and this guy is about to win the US election. It is a serious concern.

UnselfishSevereHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.g

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Our options are between two men who would, outside of today's context, be considered mentally unfit to hold office. That's just what it is, and it fucking sucks. And the Congressional leadership underneath them is also fucking ancient and either evil or also mentally wasting away.

A gerontocracy and oligarchy baby

[edit]

AND YES BIDEN IS BETTER THAN TRUMP 

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

You do realize Trump is 74, and completely fat and out of shape, right?  I'm not sure he is the spry chicken you make him out to be.

The candidates age is an indictment of the entire political system. The fact the best it could come up with Hillary and Trump four years was terrible, and it has only gotten worse. I'm not a fan of populists of any stripe.

2 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

UnselfishSevereHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.g

Churchill took drugs for his speeches, Hitler took drugs, JFK took drugs and fucked East German hookers, and on and on. Don't be naive.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

tenor.gif

On point and trenchant. Good job.

• Fuck You 6

Sorry, what rumors does he need to address? I think he and Trump should go to Walter Reed for a physical and mental evaluation and put out the results for us to consider. I doubt they'd consent to that but I would venture to guess Biden has better mental and physical fitness over Trump. Especially mental. He would listen to experts and weigh policy advice from those who know better unlike Trump who admits following his gut instincts. Whatever his health status, that alone makes him the more effective leader by far.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Our options are between two men who would, outside of today's context, be considered mentally unfit to hold office. That's just what it is, and it fucking sucks. And the Congressional leadership underneath them is also fucking ancient and either evil or also mentally wasting away.

A gerontocracy and oligarchy baby

Yes, our political system is sclerotic and is largely ruled by the same people that ran it thirty years ago. It is definitely a concern.

• Fuck You 5

26 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Sorry, what rumors does he need to address?

The rumors that have existed from when he ran for office four years ago when he pointedly wasn't endorsed by Obama and the all that was heard were hints about "ole Joe", how he couldn't be trusted during off the cuff encounters with voters, and had to constantly have his gaffes cleaned up by his publicity crew. The rumors that have circulated since his numerous stumbling and obvious mentally deficient interviews from his basement as he has won the nomination this cycle. Yes, trump has his gaffes too, but he almost definitely not going to win, so bringing him up as "what about Trump" serves no purpose but to make look as if this is an untouchable subject. I would welcome a public medical eval, but that is almost definitely not going to happen, which means his is probably not 100% clean. Do you want this discussed, or do you want to keep dancing around it so it makes you feel better?

• Fuck You 16

3 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

The rumors that have existed from when he ran for office four years ago when he pointedly wasn't endorsed by Obama and the all that was heard were hints about "ole Joe", how he couldn't be trusted during off the cuff encounters with voters, and had to constantly have his gaffes cleaned up by his publicity crew. The rumors that have circulated since his numerous stumbling and obvious mentally deficient interviews from his basement as he has won the nomination this cycle. Yes, trump has his gaffes too, but he almost definitely not going to win, so bringing him up as "what about Trump" serves no purpose but to make look as if this is an untouchable subject. I would welcome a public medical eval, but that is almost definitely not going to happen, which means his is probably not 100% clean. Do you want this discussed, or do you want to keep dancing around it so it makes you feel better?

Biden didn’t run for office four years ago you fucking dipshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Biden didn’t run for office four years ago you fucking dipshit.

He didn't declare because he was told he wouldn't be endorsed by Obama and he was guilted into "healing" because his son had died recently. Why wouldn't Obama have endorsed him? Why was HIllary a "better" candidate? Why are you incapable of discussing this without name calling?

• Fuck You 14

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Because I’m sick and fucking tired of you fascist-enabling dipshits and your bad faith that you think is clever because you have an iq of 65. Fuck you. Why don’t you go do what your godking Trump suggested and inject some bleach to protect yourself from covid? 

You sound like a high schooler who has read his first polemic and thinks they know what the fuck they're talking about. You don't know me, what I believe, or who I have and have not voted for. As I stated earlier, I don't like populists, does that sound like I endorse Trump? Does it matter seeing as how the odds of him winning the election are very bad?

Now act like an adult and answer the question: If Biden was judged "too old" and "gaffe prone" by his colleagues four years ago, how has that improved? Seeing as how he will likely win and take office when he is 78, can his vice-president assume office and govern competently if he has to step down? Are you capable of having a civil discussion, or do you prefer to mentally masturbate with the rest of the children in this thread?

• Fuck You 9

Firstly, as mentioned Joe didn't run due to his son's death and thus not being up to a grueling campaign. You apparently believe it was because Obama wouldn't endorse him. Well, if you noticed in this year's primary race, Obama held his endorsement until after there was a clear front runner. He did not behave differently from the last primary run in which Hillary became the front runner and then garnered his endorsement.  So your argument sounds like some right wing talking point that you picked up about Obama's endorsement behavior. 

I brought up Trump because he is running against Joe and he is exhibiting onset dementia and also Adderall addiction. I point to his dilatated pupils that have been photographed during speeches. His diminished ability to read the teleprompter and keep focused during rally speeches where he goes on rambling tangents. But sure, let us take him out of the equation.

Joe is not a young man and definitely exhibits issues with finding the right words to convey the message he intends. His issue with his stutter is more pronounced now due to fumbling for words. That said, even through the stutter/word fumble, he is able to self correct to get his message across.  He usually says, "look"  when he is attempting to restructure his message then he is able to get it across. He is no doubt diminished from his younger years, but now he is a more experienced leader and  a man who listens to experts and can delegate authority. How do I know that? By what was written about his work in the Senate and during the Obama administration.  I think he also has the humility to know that some of the people that he will pick for his cabinet and as senior advisors will have more subject matter expertise than he does and will rely on their knowledge and advice. Again, anecdotal and written evidence about his leadership style is what I am relying on in my supposition.  

You say with no proof that he was rejected by his colleagues 4 years ago.  Whatever, here is the deal. Joe is serving a role this election that he was not needed for 4 years ago by his fellow democrats. That is being the compromise candidate between the two factions of the party. He had enough name recognition and trustworthiness to consolidate the moderate faction and enough gravitas to keep the progressives from peeling off. No other candidate was able to do this, just Joe.  His role is to deliver the presidency to democrats and do what he can with that presidency to deliver a democratic congress(especially the Senate) in the mid-terms if it doesn't happen by his coat tails during this election. Along with beginning the work to unfuck the damage wrought by the Trump Administration with regard to our foreign policy and ill advised regulation roll backs.  Joe is old, but he isn't too tired or unfit to attempt these objectives that he feels is his duty to his country and party. I personally think he is pushing himself, but I am glad he is willing to serve this role because we need a stable leader to start the hard work of fixing our shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

. He(Biden) would listen to experts and weigh policy advice from those who know better 

That's a funny way of saying he'd be an empty suit puppet motherfucker.

That is the way you interpret that. No one person can be a subject matter expert on everything. A true executive brings in those people and then listens to their recommendations and makes informed decisions that will include political and ethical considerations. I'd argue that Bush Jr. was more of an empty suit puppet than Joe will be and we were able to survive Bush Jr. though we still need to fix some shit implemented during his administration, no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

That is the way you interpret that. No one person can be a subject matter expert on everything. A true executive brings in those people and then listens to their recommendations and makes informed decisions that will include political and ethical considerations. I'd argue that Bush Jr. was more of an empty suit puppet than Joe will be and we were able to survive Bush Jr. though we still need to fix some shit implemented during his administration, no doubt. 

Agreed on the executive process, but Joe demonstrably struggles with regular conversation.  Maybe he'll shine in the debates.

I'm not disputing his malleability being part of the draw for him.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

Agreed on the executive process, but Joe demonstrably struggles with regular conversation.  Maybe he'll shine in the debates.

Yet he's still exponentially more eloquent, cohesive and rational than anything that comes out of dotard's mouth and twitter on a daily basis.  JFC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yesterday, Trump talked about how James Hoffa has been calling him, asking him for favors for the Teamsters.  

17 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yet he's still exponentially more eloquent, cohesive and rational than anything that comes out of dotard's mouth and twitter on a daily basis.  JFC

I think New Coke had a better case for existing, than anyone defending Trump's executive behavior/ delivery.

might be interesting for him to take the Rogan approach and get baked before speaking.

Edited by slorch

If the idea is to get the person that scores the highest on mental sharpness, then our President would be 25. I always find it ridiculous when a presidential candidate is held to the standard of knowing minute facts about the economy or the name of the Uruguayan president. Sure they need some level of background info about the subject at hand but we're not hiring rainman.

A leader does not get in the weeds of details. If they do, then they're not doing their job. they set the culture and tone. Then let the workers execute to the plan. Make major decisions from time to time. Reset the top level plan. Repeat. Repeat.  In my work experience, the people that don't get this are the ones that wanted the corp CEO job but they fell short by 5 levels and will supervise 6 people for their career.

The gaslighting of Biden is getting old. His detractors always write about the obvious mental lapses and Biden's inability to string together a sentence. However the only proof they produce is a 5 second loop of Biden stuttering through a sentence.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If the idea is to get the person that scores the highest on mental sharpness, then our President would be 25. I always find it ridiculous when a presidential candidate is held to the standard of knowing minute facts about the economy or the name of the Uruguayan president. Sure they need some level of background info about the subject at hand but we're not hiring rainman.

A leader does not get in the weeds of details. If they do, then they're not doing their job. they set the culture and tone. Then let the workers execute to the plan. Make major decisions from time to time. Reset the top level plan. Repeat. Repeat.  In my work experience, the people that don't get this are the ones that wanted the corp CEO job but they fell short by 5 levels and will supervise 6 people for their career.

The gaslighting of Biden is getting old. His detractors always write about the obvious mental lapses and Biden's inability to string together a sentence. However the only proof they produce is a 5 second loop of Biden stuttering through a sentence.

very successful guy i knew in my business always said "hire people smarter than you."

that's what biden will do. that's definitely not what trump has done. @slorch seems to think that arguing against biden is a good faith argument in a thread about the muscleheaded idiot joe rogan. there is only one clear choice this november if you want to argue in good faith about diminished old white dudes. one wants good things. the other wants terrible things. argue all day about how they take a policy approach to those things, i guess, but donald trump has surrounded himself with evil fucking people who will twist him into any scheme to hurt the most of us as they can, because they can. vote for that, i guess. or don't vote for the good guy who sometimes forgets a couple words. i'm 42, and i forget shit all the time. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Is anyone remotely surprised that Slorch opposes elected officials taking advice from subject matter experts?

Violent opposition...lol.  Make it violently opposed.

Hell, if you’re gonna make shit up, then don’t do it half-assed.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sorry to derail the thread from Rogan but I find the questioning of Joe's leadership ability fascinating and specious. Anyway, what Eddie says here is so right. We had a smart president with terrific work ethic and somewhat decent political instincts. He was highly ethical and by all accounts a decent man. He was a horrible executive because he got in the weeds and micro-managed and got in his people's way. He was a dismal failure as an executive for all his abilities and mostly correct thinking about policy and mandates. He just couldn't effectively lead. What a shame that with all his intellect and work horse ethic, Jimmy Carter sucked balls as an effective leader.

How you, @Slorch came up with saying Joe is "attractive because he is malleable" needs to be explained. I'd like to understand what you're getting at because otherwise it seems like something you are parroting and might not fully buy, but want to lob in case it lands.

Oh and to the topic, Rogan is a dick.

Edited by burntorangebongos

17 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

The candidates age is an indictment of the entire political system. The fact the best it could come up with Hillary and Trump four years was terrible, and it has only gotten worse. I'm not a fan of populists of any stripe.

Churchill took drugs for his speeches, Hitler took drugs, JFK took drugs and fucked East German hookers, and on and on. Don't be naive.

On point and trenchant. Good job.

And look at all he accomplished!

On 9/21/2020 at 11:56 AM, bad_teammate said:

I seldom listen to him and wouldn't for a political opinion.  I'm fine with his opinions because he's entitled to them.  If a person wants to get their opinions from someone that once made a living getting pummeled in the head, by all means.  He's entertaining, like Howard Stern.  Now if a guest is an ignoramus politician, that's a different story.  Joe can say whatever but the politician's opinions do matter.  

31 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I seldom listen to him and wouldn't for a political opinion.  I'm fine with his opinions because he's entitled to them.  If a person wants to get their opinions from someone that once made a living getting pummeled in the head, by all means.  He's entertaining, like Howard Stern.  Now if a guest is an ignoramus politician, that's a different story.  Joe can say whatever but the politician's opinions do matter.  

It's one thing to have a politician for an interview but we've somehow allowed too many self-appointed expert commentators because they can amass an online following.  Take that one commentator who never removes his winter cap. tim something. He claims to be a libertarian and not beholden to either major party but then he proceeds to slam liberals 100% of the time. Who is that guy and why should anyone care what he thinks.

11 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

He's never made a living getting pummeled in the head. He rightly walked away from high level amateur Taekwondo in his early twenties to avoid knockouts.