Your SXSW 2020 picks

next2naus

looking for some new music and seeing some known bands at cools venues. I'm talking about shows like Trampled by Turtles at Cedar Street, The Suffers in a loft party, The Heavy at La Zona Rosa, along w/ Gary Clark and Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr. Dawes at Mohawk, that kinds fun. 

• 1 month later...

Honestly might be the best South by in a while.  My current understanding is the restrictions are on venues hosting 2500+ by the city.  So the side shows, that I attend my be unaffected. Hell all shit may break lose before next week, but I think there may be some real opportunities to see some great music in smaller venues.

For example, could SXSJ simply limit capacity to 2300 and avoid any potential closure for their event?  It's going to take a few days to flesh out,  but a lot of bars, clubs and restaurants are gonna hurt over this.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 10:27 AM, horn4life said:

For example, could SXSJ simply limit capacity to 2300 and avoid any potential closure for their event?  It's going to take a few days to flesh out,  but a lot of bars, clubs and restaurants are gonna hurt over this.

Really hope SXSJ can still go on.  My tradition the past few years has been a Friday brunch at Perla's followed by the rest of the day at San Jose.