Austin MLS

So here is the deal and I get more pissed off by the day.

I was moving back to Austin in December. My agent was helping me find a place to rent for 6 months because I only had 2 weeks to find a place and I wasn’t sure exactly where I wanted to live except it had to be in a certain school district.

So my agent finds two houses. The first house I wanted so my agent called and asked if it would be available 12/5. She was told yes.

I submitted my app and $50 and then was told 3 days later it won’t be available until the 10th. 3 valuable days because it’s like 11/27 at this point.

So I asked for my $50 back and that agent has ignored every request. Won’t respond even when I asked nicely.

It is the principle here. I think this is a scam she’s running where she takes a bunch of apps in + $50 and then declines everyone or moves the goalposts.

So there was no need to do a background check or anything because the fucking property wasn’t available. She just flat stole $50.

Now it’s a mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 2/1/2020 at 6:39 PM, Handcruser said:

I was moving back to Austin in December. My agent was helping me find a place to rent for 6 months because I only had 2 weeks to find a place and I wasn’t sure exactly where I wanted to live except it had to be in a certain school district.

So my agent finds two houses. The first house I wanted so my agent called and asked if it would be available 12/5. She was told yes.

I submitted my app and $50 and then was told 3 days later it won’t be available until the 10th. 3 valuable days because it’s like 11/27 at this point.

So I asked for my $50 back and that agent has ignored every request. Won’t respond even when I asked nicely.

It is the principle here. I think this is a scam she’s running where she takes a bunch of apps in + $50 and then declines everyone or moves the goalposts.

So there was no need to do a background check or anything because the fucking property wasn’t available. She just flat stole $50.

Now it’s a mission.

this is so trivial, let it go.  that $50 was used to cover the cost of a background check.  standard operating procedure.  most likely the owner changed their mind after the fact.  no one's running a scam $50 at a time.  

43 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

this is so trivial, let it go.  that $50 was used to cover the cost of a background check.  standard operating procedure.  most likely the owner changed their mind after the fact.  no one's running a scam $50 at a time.  

I don't think it's necessarily about the $50 moreso that she is refusing to answer his calls. 

Now it’s a mission.

I run into incompetent, shitty agents all the time. Don’t let it get to you. Most suck.