Mike Pompeo is a fucking dunce

elfenix

Do we have a thread for this asshole yet?

Icymi: went on NPR's all things considered, ended the interview when asked how/where he'd defended Marie yavanovitch (after agreeing to discuss Ukraine) then called the interviewer (Mary Louise Kelly) into a room with no recording device, dropped f-bombs on her (including asking if Americans care about fucking Ukraine), called in a blank map and asked her to point out Ukraine, then put out a presser lying about the back room being off the record and implying she thought it was Bangladesh (as if a European studies major from Cambridge would confuse the two).

Interview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/m/status/1220756761289904128

Weeping presser:

89ee52227a7964dcfd5efbf98d198d2a.jpg

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

Bangladesh?  That's...not very believable.  Did he mean to say Bulgaria?  Continents, how do they work?

Well his boss thinks 2 Asian countries are Nipple and Button so....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love it when politicians complain about journalists not adhering to some bullshit code about not actually trying to get facts. I get it that the game is frequently played that way; that journos agree not to ask certain questions. But, the game sucks. The fact the journalists have to play the game to get access sucks. Yet the douchetastic politicians think the public will be outraged when a journalist might of broken some stupid rule in the bullshit game. We don’t fucking care that an interview was tougher than what you agreed to. You should be doing tough interviews. You work for us.

• Like 1

Article in the Atlantic. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/why-journalists-believe-mary-louise-kelly/605491/

Notes that a guy like Pompeo, and anyone else similarly positioned, as well as all his press and media people, know damned well that nothing is off the record unless it is specifically agreed in writing.

NPR's CEO was on this evening defending her. They have an email exchange with Pompeo's assistant where they tell him the interview will be about Ukraine and Iran. So the first supposed lie has been proven true already. Everyone around Trump is a despicable piece of shit. I want it to end.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/25/799584780/npr-responds-to-sec-pompeo-interview

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Dude cannot stand women challenging him.

I bet my left boob that all professional women have an “Angry Man With A Map” story.

Also, who in the hell just has blank maps laying around?

I bet the whole “I bet you can’t even find _________ on a map” wins a lot of arguments in Trump world, where everyone is a moron. His problem is he tried to use it against a normal person. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I bet the whole “I bet you can’t even find _________ on a map” wins a lot of arguments in Trump world, where everyone is a moron. His problem is he tried to use it against a normal person. 

Harvard and Cambridge grad.   She's above-average. 

This whole administration is a Chernobyl sized toxic waste. Maybe Rick Perry, Betsy Devos or some other glue eater he worked with might confuse Ukraine with Bangladesh but not NPR’s sharpest reporter that was educated at Harvard and Cambridge. 

Resign you thin skinned fuckwad. 

• Like 2

Thank you for starting a thread on the Liar of State. He is not a Secretary as he does not seem capable of performing those duties as they relate to sound foreign policy, there for he is a LOS. Which in my logic (which many of you, like my spouse may find perplexing) makes him a LOSER.

With that out of the way, here is some news regarding our once esteemed State Department.

Friday was the deadline for Foreign Affairs officer Baluto to submit documents regarding the stalking of Ambassador Yovanovitch. He FAILED to do so. Of course he did.

Here is the statement from the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, Eliot Engel:

“The State Department’s failure to respond to the committee’s request is unacceptable, particularly as more information has emerged showing that Mr. Parnas apparently schemed directly with President Trump about Ambassador Yovanovitch. I have serious concerns that the security of an American ambassador and an American embassy were compromised. When she was called in the middle of the night and told to get on the next plane out of Ukraine, Ambassador Yovanovitch was warned, ‘this is about your security.’

“I want to know what the State Department knew about it then and what actions have been taken. I’ll use all the tools at my disposal to get the answers I’m seeking from the department.”

Thanks for the article on Pompeo @Bama Chick  Although I knew he had received concentrated Koch support, I did not realize he had presidential aspirations. Some of his behavior makes sense in light of his watching several of his machinations being set aflame.

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Thank you for starting a thread on the Liar of State. He is not a Secretary as he does not seem capable of performing those duties as they relate to sound foreign policy, there for he is a LOS. Which in my logic (which many of you, like my spouse may find perplexing) makes him a LOSER.

With that out of the way, here is some news regarding our once esteemed State Department.

Friday was the deadline for Foreign Affairs officer Baluto to submit documents regarding the stalking of Ambassador Yovanovitch. He FAILED to do so. Of course he did.

Here is the statement from the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, Eliot Engel:

“The State Department’s failure to respond to the committee’s request is unacceptable, particularly as more information has emerged showing that Mr. Parnas apparently schemed directly with President Trump about Ambassador Yovanovitch. I have serious concerns that the security of an American ambassador and an American embassy were compromised. When she was called in the middle of the night and told to get on the next plane out of Ukraine, Ambassador Yovanovitch was warned, ‘this is about your security.’

“I want to know what the State Department knew about it then and what actions have been taken. I’ll use all the tools at my disposal to get the answers I’m seeking from the department.”

Thanks for the article on Pompeo @Bama Chick  Although I knew he had received concentrated Koch support, I did not realize he had presidential aspirations. Some of his behavior makes sense in light of his watching several of his machinations being set aflame.

After Trump is acquitted, I don't know why the administration would respond to ANY congressional subpoeanas. I guess they might selectively to ones where they don't give a shit. But republicans in the Senate will basically be granting him a license to refuse to comply whenever it suits them? Would the McGahn case settle this? This all so insane. 

Wait until Feb 3rd. That is the deadline for when the Dept of Homeland Security is required to provide the Secret Service documents ($$$) on Trump and Family trips. DHS is NOT friendly to nonTrump people and I expect this deadline coming the day prior to the SOTU to be missed.

If those documents are not released, by the time Citizens for Ethics et al get the FOIA if they ever do, we'll be sunk anyway because as you say, all of this will become unnecessary. They are the mob and the mob does as it pleases. "Pay up chumps, be a shame if something happened to that nice *house of yours..."

*Quite a few different words could be substituted here, the mob isn't too picky about that.

Yeah, I think about the stuff that comes out of John Brennan's mouth after he left CIA and the kinda shit that comes out of Pompeo's mouth after he left CIA, and it bottles the mind.  

You would think the one now serving as the Sec. of State would speak more maturely given what he's seen, but nope---he's the fucking child and Brennan has to be the voice of reason all the way from Austin shouting to the administration to listen to the fact that it was not Ukraine, but Russia, that set this into motion for 2016.  

Or shit, maybe it was Bangaldesh.  Let's start a war with those Fuckers!

Just got this email from KUT:

I have heard from many of you over the weekend regarding Friday’s interview between Secretary of State Pompeo and All Things Considered host Mary Louise Kelly. In case you missed the interview, you can listen to and also read the entire interview here.

In response to a statement from Secretary Pompeo on Saturday disputing the report, NPR Senior Vice President for News Nancy Barnes issued a statement on Saturday, saying "Mary Louise Kelly has always conducted herself with the utmost integrity, and we stand behind this report."

Also, in a Saturday interview on All Things Considered, NPR President and CEO John Lansing said, "Mary Louise Kelly is one of the most respected, truthful, factual, professional and ethical journalists in the United States. And that's known by the entire press corps. And I stand behind her. And I stand behind the NPR newsroom. And the statement from the secretary of state is blatantly false."

KUT and NPR are proud to stand behind reporting that reflects the highest standards of journalism in the public interest. Millions of Americans, like you, depend on their local public radio station for the fact-based, objective, public service journalism they need to stay informed about the news in their communities. Often, our reporters in public radio have to ask the tough questions on your behalf, and it helps to know you appreciate it when we do.

Thank you for listening, and thank you for supporting KUT. 

Regards,

Debbie Hiott
Executive Director and General Manager

• Like 2

This.  This is what we need to see more of.  Respected journalists calling a blatant lie out for what it is: a lie.

I don't care who the political subject is, if he declares that the earth is flat, you don't discuss both sides, you don't ask "how will people react to the possibility that the earth is flat?"  You say "that statement is a lie."  That's your obligation.

Fuck yeah, NPR.

• Like 4

What are the odds dumbass watched "Last Week Tonight" with John Oliver and came up with this dumbass test.  Oliver loves joking around with that's not Ukraine, that's Ukraine...I'm sure fatfuck Pompeo thought he'd give the libs some of their own medicine...sadly he only owned himself.  Nice try you ignorant shithead. 

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

What are the odds dumbass watched "Last Week Tonight" with John Oliver and came up with this dumbass test.  Oliver loves joking around with that's not Ukraine, that's Ukraine...I'm sure fatfuck Pompeo thought he'd give the libs some of their own medicine...sadly he only owned himself.  Nice try you ignorant shithead. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Pompeo has never watched that show.  And Janice in accounting don't give a fuck.

SHE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DDD Dad said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Pompeo has never watched that show.  And Janice in accounting don't give a fuck.

SHE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

LOL, I love me some Oliver.  And he definitely would have been fed that clip...certainly not saying he settles in to watch that show.