Mike Pompeo is a fucking dunce

elfenix

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Original tweet is gone.

It sure is. Essentially, Kim (of NPR) had interviewed Pompeo. Pompeo had told the Ukraine leader that Crimea was essentially 'lost' to Russia (I'm going off of memory now) and that Russia wasn't the kind of country to hand it back.

Okay, this has some legs. Here is one account:

In case that gets deleted, here is another link: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/02/05/crimea-is-lost-pompeo-reportedly-tells-ukraine-a69167

‘Crimea Is Lost,’ Pompeo Reportedly Tells Ukraine

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has allegedly said that Ukraine has lost Crimea to Russia forever, according to a closed-door meeting participant’s account provided to Ukrainian media.

Pompeo reportedly made the remarks Friday at talks with Ukrainian civil society members during his recent visit to Ukraine and other post-Soviet countries. Ukraine's relations with Russia collapsed after Moscow seized the Black Sea peninsula and a war between pro-Russian rebels and Kiev broke out in eastern Ukraine in 2014.

“He said that Crimea is lost,” Yelena Trehub, the head of Ukraine’s nongovernmental anti-corruption watchdog, told the NV news magazine Tuesday.

“World players are well aware that Crimea is lost,” Trehub recounted Pompeo’s words to Crimean activist Emina Dzhaparova. “Russia is not a country from which you can take something away.”

This is disputed by UNIAN, the Ukrainian Independent Information Agency:

Emine Dzhaparova, a participant in a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Kyiv, has said the official did not talk about the "lost Crimea," so the reports disseminated in media is unacceptable "manipulation." Earlier, the Novoye Vremya magazine wrote, citing its source, that Pompeo allegedly "said Crimea is lost and world players understand that Crimea is lost, and that Ukraine could give up on Crimea, and Russia is not a country from whom anything can be taken away." The report was immediately picked up by other media, including Russian propaganda outlets. "As a participant in the meeting, I must emphasize that the expression on the face of the U.S. Secretary of State did not in any way demonstrate what the article claims, nor did he utter the words the media referred to him," Dzhaparova wrote on Facebook.

So, until it is made clear as mud as to whom is telling the truth, looks like Kim deleted his tweet.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Clarification

12 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Pompeo is quickly moving up the list on the post-Trump "Graves to Piss on Tour."  

So far I've got:

Trump

Pence

Pompeo

McConnell

Miller 

Not sure all the lesser minions deserve all the trouble.  

You forgot William Barr. He definitely belongs high on the list. I'd also throw in Giuliani. And probably Mulvaney too. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Pompeo is quickly moving up the list on the post-Trump "Graves to Piss on Tour."  

So far I've got:

Trump

Pence

Pompeo

McConnell

Miller 

Not sure all the lesser minions deserve all the trouble.  

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You forgot William Barr. He definitely belongs high on the list. I'd also throw in Giuliani. And probably Mulvaney too. 

He's a minion, but I'd like to add Ken Cuccinelli to the list. Anyone that wants to change the Lazarus inscription and who is a descendant of Italian immigrants should not betray their sacrifices. Another two would be Lindsey and Rand...

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Okay, this has some legs. Here is one account:

In case that gets deleted, here is another link: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/02/05/crimea-is-lost-pompeo-reportedly-tells-ukraine-a69167

This is disputed by UNIAN, the Ukrainian Independent Information Agency:

So, until it is made clear as mud as to whom is telling the truth, looks like Kim deleted his tweet.

Hey guys, if this turns out to be true it's really good news.  Just think, that frees up like $400 million for border wall construction.

• 2 weeks later...

In a talk on the A&M campus last year, he joked about the saying, "does not lie, cheat, or steal" saying that when he was part of the CIA they did all three. Guess old habits die hard:

From the article:

"Pompeo’s repeated flip-flopping has made it hard to keep up. But maybe that’s the point. Under federal law, if Pompeo were to declare his candidacy for the Senate, he’d have to resign his post as Secretary of State. If we have been made to believe he’s definitely not running this time, perhaps watchdogs will back off. We can’t know whether Pompeo will run or not, but State Department records indicate that, at best, taxpayers are funding Pompeo’s affinity for his home state and at worst, they are funding a potential run for elected office. 

Before 2019, Pompeo made one official visit to Kansas as a member of the Trump administration. In 2019 he made three, plus a fourth personal trip. Kansas news interpreted the escalation as a possible “shadow” campaign setting the stage for a run."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is said this man wants to be President. Trading one jerk for another is not a good political strategy. At first, I thought it was just click bait, but no, he really did hold his ground on this.

Any hope of G7 foreign ministers releasing a joint statement on the fight against COVID-19 was killed today after the U.S. insisted the document refer to it as the "Wuhan virus."

As originally reported by Der Spiegel, and according to sources with knowledge of the situation, when U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo insisted the novel coronavirus be referred to by the name of the Chinese city where the outbreak first appeared, ministers from other countries refused to agree.

-----

Sources say that's when Pompeo said the U.S. wanted to refer to COVID-19 as the "Wuhan virus."

That was a red line for several ministers, and no joint statement was agreed upon or released.

One official from a country involved said Pompeo would not agree to a communique that didn't refer specifically to the "Wuhan virus."

That official said the G7 discussion was brief because it stalled over that issue and never got off the ground. 

So our line in the sand is whether we can call this thing that's killing us by a racist moniker,  so as to chum the waters for Dear Leader's election?

Making America Great by alienating allies for the most venal of reasons.  

Fuck.  This.  Asshole.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's a joint statement from an economic organization.  Seems to be sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Still fucking ridiculous.

It signifies a whole lot more than "nothing".  It tells us what's most important to this administration.

These hard lines never get drawn at clear go/nogo public health tradeoffs.  It's always about messaging, re-election, riling up the base.

It may just be a single drop in a giant bucket of Trumpian spew, but it still matters.

That said, I think the left needs to stop taking the bait on bullshit like "Wuhan virus" etc. because it's always a head fake trying to distract from something worse; namely, the abject and overwhelming incompetence of this administration.

It's almost ironic that Trump's incompetence will be history's overarching theme regarding his Presidency.  Not his grift, not his crimes, none of that.  It simply will boil down to his inability to assess a difficult problem and take prompt and justifiable action, along with a chaser of utter lack of concern for anything that doesn't benefit him directly.  That's it.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It signifies a whole lot more than "nothing".  It tells us what's most important to this administration.

These hard lines never get drawn at clear go/nogo public health tradeoffs.  It's always about messaging, re-election, riling up the base.

It may just be a single drop in a giant bucket of Trumpian spew, but it still matters.

That said, I think the left needs to stop taking the bait on bullshit like "Wuhan virus" etc. because it's always a head fake trying to distract from something worse; namely, the abject and overwhelming incompetence of this administration.

It's almost ironic that Trump's incompetence will be history's overarching theme regarding his Presidency.  Not his grift, not his crimes, none of that.  It simply will boil down to his inability to assess a difficult problem and take prompt and justifiable action, along with a chaser of utter lack of concern for anything that doesn't benefit him directly.  That's it.  

I don't think the media should take the bait, either, but I am debating with myself because Pompeo is a smart man. Smarter than he looks sometimes. So, is this dog and pony for his boss? Sharpening his pencil for his future aspirations after the State Dept?

Pompeo started this dance earlier, and the bit about re-election and getting the messaging across made sense back then as the President was still using the term "China" virus, but this effort seems more aligned with the trend to either eventually lobby to get Russia in, or for the US to pull away from former Allies prior to the conference (now a teleconference) in June that was to be held in the US. I'm thinking that with Trump, what you see is what you get but with Pompeo sometimes the hand waving in front of you is keeping you from seeing the one in the cookie jar. Perhaps it is like you say and just a distraction from the incompetence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Every time this thread is bumped, I can't help but think OP could have been a lot more vulgar with the thread title. Really dropped the ball there... 

You're spot on, he is in fact a fat fucking retard.

• Like 3

On January 27, 2020 at 8:22 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Should've gone with, "Eat a dick, Mike Pompeo, you fat fucking retard."

On April 30, 2020 at 3:19 PM, PsychMike said:

Way ahead of ya.  :)

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
4 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

On May 1, Sec. Pompeo is exhibit A that getting into and attending elite educational institutions sorta doesn’t mean shit.

A friend and business colleague/partner attended West Point with Pompeo---same squad .  He's now retired Army (obviously) and works as both an investment banker and as the head civilian aide to the Sec. of the Army.  Says Pompeo is one of the biggest pieces of human shit he's ever come across and he's certainly done his share of travel for Uncle Sam.  I don't know what that means sir, but I know it's not good /robertwuhl

On 4/30/2020 at 11:44 AM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Every time this thread is bumped, I can't help but think OP could have been a lot more vulgar with the thread title. Really dropped the ball there... 

you can suggest one

On 4/30/2020 at 2:19 PM, PsychMike said:

that's an insult to retards.

Edited by elfenix

Guest Lobo

Wow, Trump at least has the decency to have a few minutes/days of lag between contradictory press conferences.  

The amount of laugher at our expense on the global state right now...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Chances that Donald knows who the Ronhingya are is way less than zero.

I doubt he could identify the country where they're being massacred nor name that country's leader. 

Didn't Trump explicitly state, either during the campaign or after the election, that the promotion of democracy and human rights wasn't going to be part of his foreign policy? Newsflash: It's not part of his domestic policy, either. Just ask the kids in cages or the peaceful protesters (and journalists and clergy) who were violently forced out of Lafayette Square with flash grenades, chemical irritants, and rubber bullets. 

How about his alleged support of Xi imprisoning a million Uighurs in Chinese Communist Reeducation Camps? What about him taking Kim Jong Un's side after the murder of Otto Warmbier or MBS's side after the butchery of Jamal Khashoggi?

Fuck Mike Pompeo and fuck Trump. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Chances that Donald knows who the Ronhingya are is way less than zero.

"Oh, I know the Rohingya, its the best. Me and Jeff used to dance at Studio 54 and really, he thought he was pretty good at it. He could get the girls, you know, he really liked 'em young. Not that I knew him very well. I didn't really know him. But you know I was the best. A very good dancer. The best dancer. People say, 'sir, sir, I remember when you would dance the Rohingya and you had the smoothest moves, it was like a hot knife through butter.'

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...