2020 Tampa Bay Rays

Capn81

11 hours ago, huge said:

Carl tryin to trade me a guy he picked up yesterday for my first starter drafted

i got one of those too.

i mean it wasnt a terrible offer, but i need another shortstop like i need another asshole. 

Edited by NOMAAA

fuck it, i don't care, what's he gonna do, ban me again? FTR, when he banned me and i decided that still wanted to browse surly, i tried to sign in using my backup email, and whaddaya know- i guess immamac had banned me for some personal reason back in 2018 and i had created this account so that i could read the site while i was banned. i laughed out loud when i saw that this was the handle, as i didn't even remember signing up for it.

my plan was, and up until now has been to just stop posting, because this site sucks, and immamac is a legitimately terrible person character wise. He's as low character as they come, 100% equivalent to Katy or Campus Loopy. He makes it terrible for me to post here and makes up special rules just for me, and bans anyone he wants to on a whim. I seriously think that he/surly suck.

As for why I got banned? I got banned, and this is not a joke, for telling immamac that his feelings get hurt too easily. some people in "Please Do This Better" were posting about how stupid it is that immamac, Mr.Sensitive himself, was hanging a banner on his website telling people that if their feelings get hurt too easily that this isn't the site for them. i agreed and made a post of my own, where i also called out Bob and Hayden for being complicit (I pm'd them multiple times about immamac being a Hornfans-type dictator, and they both said to me (in increasingly angry fashion each time) "DUDE- its immamac's site! He can do whatever he wants. Period.") Yeah. The guy who created shaggy to get away from that kind of moderating seriously told me that, multiple times. Are you starting to see what I don't want to post here all that much anymore?

Anyway, i decided that I'd sign up as "Shadow Operative" and only post in this thread, but i never received my confirmation email and therefore i couldn't post. i texted hg and asked him to create an account for me and he ran into the same problem, so this is the only handle that i can actually post from. and i am posting from it, because fuck it, I'm 100% in the right here. This is some straight up Hornfans bullshit, and i'm not going to apologize for anything that i said. the fact is that immamac started this beef years ago, he perpetuated this beef incessantly on shaggy, and now that he has his own site he's gone full Katy Agnor, and he is 100% in the wrong. he seeks out confrontation with me and then gets all in his emotions every time i respond. it's so crazy.

NEED I REMIND YOU:

immamac is the same guy who 100% fabricated a story about me acting like an asshole in public, and then made it the big headline for his inaugural podcast. that is beyond fucked up. both NL and Hitby were there at the event in question, and while i'm sure that neither of them has any desire to weigh in here, each of them knows for a 100% FACT that the story that immamac made up is completely false. it's the definition of libel/slander, and yet this asshole has the fucking gumption to tell me in my ban message "you are always starting shit where there is none." literally. he literally said that. same guy who bragged "I am the cops, i just came onto your lawn and shot your dog; what are you gonna do? nothing." seriously said that shit to me when he banned me. that dude. 

meanwhile, there are scores of people in DT, CR, and the football forum causing all sorts of actual trouble for the mods on a daily basis, and all of them still post here. I'm not even on a mod's radar for countless months at a time (if not longer), staying low key in the hoops, varsity, and baseball forums, but the moment i pop my head into a thread talking about immamac i get banned for recounting factual stories about the grown child who runs this site. again, that's 100% hornfans. 

i don't expect any of you to give a shit about any of this, but at least it's on record now. go look at my posting history. go look at my last several posts (under the goo punch handle). there's nothing there that's ban worthy. not even a little bit. so until a day comes where immamac can keep himself from fucking with me, i don't think i'll be able to post here. that's why i've stayed away this long in the first place. but now you at least know what happened. and anyone who snitches on me for posting this suuuuccckkkkssssss. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

why did derka get banned?  i miss his defense of offers as being really fair and shortly thereafter dropping the players he was offering.

as for the trade offers, re huge:

where you drafted Giolito and when i acquired Dansby aren't really relevant to this conversation, are they? it's all about "what can they do for you"? as for Gio, go ahead and enjoy the 9 or 10 total appearances that he makes for your team the rest of the year (maybe even fewer if you aren't in the playoffs?). better hope that every single one of them goes the way his start did today, otherwise he's not worth anything close to what you paid for him.

the same goes for everyone here who decided to draft SP early knowing that these guys will appear for your team 10-12 times max this year. these guys have very little trade value because of the limited number of times they will even play. if they get hurt or sick even once they will miss 25-50%+ of their season. and again, 2, 3, 4, maybe even 5 of those 10-12 starts won't even be dominant. meanwhile over the last three days the cleveland indians have had three pitchers who went undrafted and are/were FA in our league who are pitching like Pedro Martinez. your SP really aren't worth jack on the trade market, but go ahead and cling to them like they are. i thought that maybe the team with all 1's, 2's, and 3's in HR, RBI, and OPS might want to trade for some offense, but i guess not. not even a counter offer made. bold strategy cotton. we'll see if it pays off. 

re: Nomaaa, i don't actually remember what i offered you 

Edited by immamac is dumb cunt

best behavior mode, activated. 

also, with that in mind, i may have been a bit flippant in my response to huge, and for that i apologize. i don't mean to insult you with my offers, i just don't see much value in trading for an SP for the reasons stated. The shortened season combined with the fact that this is roto means that anyone who can perform for you *right now* is valuable, and anyone who can't, isn't.

I've been playing with Alonso on my bench (not anymore after 4/4 tonight!), which is where Yelich is going to be if he doesn't start hitting when the Brewers get home to Milwaukee. And i'm shopping my SS because i've got Didi, Semien, and Dansby, only one of whom I can start with Nelly at DH. I'd probably trade one of them for a good set-up man tbh, but we can't make any deals if nobody makes any counter offers. 

Normally in this league a random FA going on a three week heater might mean a few extra category wins over that time frame- this year it could rocket you up the standings. my trade offers will reflect this accordingly. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

best behavior mode, activated. 

also, with that in mind, i may have been a bit flippant in my response to huge, and for that i apologize. i don't mean to insult you with my offers, i just don't see much value in trading for an SP for the reasons stated. The shortened season combined with the fact that this is roto means that anyone who can perform for you *right now* is valuable, and anyone who can't, isn't.

I've been playing with Alonso on my bench (not anymore after 4/4 tonight!), which is where Yelich is going to be if he doesn't start hitting when the Brewers get home to Milwaukee. And i'm shopping my SS because i've got Didi, Semien, and Dansby, only one of whom I can start with Nelly at DH. I'd probably trade one of them for a good set-up man tbh, but we can't make any deals if nobody makes any counter offers. 

Normally in this league a random FA going on a three week heater might mean a few extra category wins over that time frame- this year it could rocket you up the standings. my trade offers will reflect this accordingly. 

fiiiine ill take Yelich

Some of yall need to pump the breaks on SP. Derka is already at 10 starts. It is capped at 74 total. There is a tracker at the bottom of the My Team page to help you pace your starts. 

Once you use them, you lose them. SP starts will be super valuable this year. (Thanks fuckhead Otani)

15 hours ago, Fawesome said:

Some of yall need to pump the breaks on SP. Derka is already at 10 starts. It is capped at 74 total. There is a tracker at the bottom of the My Team page to help you pace your starts. 

Once you use them, you lose them. SP starts will be super valuable this year. (Thanks fuckhead Otani)

this is the first i've heard of this. also i only have the mobile app, no computer. i don't see this SP limit anywhere. did everyone else already know about this? and what's the reasoning behind the cap? also, isn't the roto score weighted for IP? because if not then NOMAAA should bench all of his pitchers today and take the hit on k's. and if not, then why is there a cap on SP appearances? 

this is the first i've heard of this. also i only have the mobile app, no computer. i don't see this SP limit anywhere. did everyone else already know about this? and what's the reasoning behind the cap? also, isn't the roto score weighted for IP? because if not then NOMAAA should bench all of his pitchers today and take the hit on k's. and if not, then why is there a cap on SP appearances? 

I posted the Q and A that ESPN posted for their league updates and that’s how they setuo their toro settings this year. I didn’t change any settings.

yeah i didn't think you did, i just hadn't heard anything about a pitching limit until now. but it does beg the question- are the roto standings weighted? because if not, then NOMAAA should pretty much never throw another starter out there the rest of the year, punt on k's, and just try to rack up saves with where his team era, whip, and k/bb are currently at. and if the scoring is weighted for IP, then there should be no SP cap in the first place, imo anyway. either way they have it set up i think it's stupid, and i'm coming to realize that roto sucks. cannot wait to get back to H2H.

nice offer gail. my own ranting nearly had me unwilling to pull the trigger, especially being that the two players you just acquired can (combined) play every IF position. plus, DiDi is going to have a bunch of extra games coming up, and he's going to love hitting in that ballpark in Philly. Snell is obviously a risky acquisition for me- high risk/high reward for sure. but that's pretty much my entire MO, so we have a deal. good luck snail, i hope this trade works out for both of us. if not you owe me a handy under the table. 

wrong. wrong. if i coveted the money over the game then i would acquire a more pragmatic approach. the game is specifically what i love. wheeling, dealing, taking chances, making moves, trying to assemble a super roster; that's how i play the game. i've won the league twice and i've finished dead last twice as well. that's because of how i play the game, and the game is what i am obsessed with. i honestly don't even think of the money until the playoffs come around, and, ftr i don't even believe that we're going to get the requisite 50 games in this year, so it definitely ain't about the money. it's 100% about me besting my competition. some here don't like the way i play, but no one can say that i don't care about the game. i've been playing fantasy baseball since 1995 and it has never been because of the money. ever. 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

nice offer gail. my own ranting nearly had me unwilling to pull the trigger, especially being that the two players you just acquired can (combined) play every IF position. plus, DiDi is going to have a bunch of extra games coming up, and he's going to love hitting in that ballpark in Philly. Snell is obviously a risky acquisition for me- high risk/high reward for sure. but that's pretty much my entire MO, so we have a deal. good luck snail, i hope this trade works out for both of us. if not you owe me a handy under the table. 

"She's mashing it!"

• Haha 1

you know what, i say everyone just go nuts this year. everyone just go ahead and play like me for this season- loose/aggressive to the extreme. i mean who here actually thinks we get the requisite 50 games in? i don't. you guys should all just play like me, only even more manic- just trades and and adds and drops out the ass, because if you ain't performing now you're garbage, and none of it's gonna matter anyway. so- you guys in?

On 7/28/2020 at 9:02 PM, NorthLoop said:

Sweet bump of 17 points for me today. Moves me all the way up to......... still last..... by 5 points. 

I was somewhere around 104 points when you posted this, sitting comfortably in either first or second place, waaaayyyyy out ahead of most of the pack (me, nomaaa, and fawesome were all up in the 100's for the first week). Five days later and I'm at 82.5 and only 1 point ahead of you, lmao. thank god this season won't count!

also, jesus christ pete alonso sucks dicks for quarters. gonna throw a big "fuck you" towards espn and their terrible draft room format/scroll bar issues which caused me to panic select Alonso as the clock was running out on my second pick. Dead serious, if you want him, come and get him, because i do not want him on my team. i shoulda traded him instead of Muncy. the wrong kid died!!

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I was somewhere around 104 points when you posted this, sitting comfortably in either first or second place, waaaayyyyy out ahead of most of the pack (me, nomaaa, and fawesome were all up in the 100's for the first week). Five days later and I'm at 82.5 and only 1 point ahead of you, lmao. thank god this season won't count!

also, jesus christ pete alonso sucks dicks for quarters. gonna throw a big "fuck you" towards espn and their terrible draft room format/scroll bar issues which caused me to panic select Alonso as the clock was running out on my second pick. Dead serious, if you want him, come and get him, because i do not want him on my team. i shoulda traded him instead of Muncy. the wrong kid died!!

annnnnd you're two points ahead of me. 2020 fuck yeah!!

On 7/27/2020 at 8:55 PM, huge said:

Carl tryin to trade me a guy he picked up yesterday for my first starter drafted

25% through with the regular season now, and as i check the Player Rater I see

1)Shane Bieber

2)Nick Castellanos

3)Aaron Judge

4)The Guy I Picked Up Yesterday 

266)The First Starter You Drafted 

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't think we're 1/4th of the way through the season.

1/6th maybe.

miami has played like 5 games.

i said regular season. iirc we have a 3-week playoff at the end of the year, which i believe puts us somewhere around 25% of the way through the regular season. or is that not right? is everyone just in it until the final day?

Edited by shadow_operative

i said regular season. iirc we have a 3-week playoff at the end of the year, which i believe puts us somewhere around 25% of the way through the regular season. or is that not right? is everyone just in it until the final day?

No playoffs. This is like the EPL. Straight through. Top of the table takes it home.

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

25% through with the regular season now, and as i check the Player Rater I see

1)Shane Bieber

2)Nick Castellanos

3)Aaron Judge

4)The Guy I Picked Up Yesterday 

266)The First Starter You Drafted 

who was the guy you picked up yesterday?  Dansby?  hes at 8 now.  if he finishes top 10 i will shit in my hat.

• Like 1

Last week of the season: 

"Hey I know you're in 2nd place and I'm in 4th, but how would you like to trade me your best player for my best player PLUS this badass pitcher?" 

"That badass pitcher is a middle reliever" 

"Yeah but he has the best K/BB in the league" 

"He has 4.2 IP dude" 

"Yeah but you also get my best player" 

"He's on the IL with Covid... and is on a respirator" 

"He's #1 on the player rater tho" 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1