2020 Tampa Bay Rays

Capn81

just a blanket statement to everyone trying to dump their good starting pitching on me: i'm not going to give you one of my best everyday players for a guy who is going to play four more times this year. even Shane Bieber has limited trade value right now. I'm definitely not going to jump stupid for your SP3.

Edited by shadow_operative

just a blanket statement to everyone trying to dump their good starting pitching on me: i'm not going to give you one of my best everyday players for a guy who is going to play four more times this year. even Shane Bieber has limited trade value right now. I'm definitely trying to jump stupid for your SP3.

You leave Mr. Bieber out yo damn mouth.

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Is that why you wanted Grienke for BA .159 Albies?

lol, as if the BA he accrued in the few games he's played this season is indicative of his talent/future production. he just returned from 6 weeks off and his first game back he went 3/6 with a bomb, three runs scored, 3 RBI, and a steal, and he plays at the weakest/most shallow position in baseball. i was offering you a steal in Albies for a good, not great pitcher who will pitch four more times this year. your loss. 

sorry for what might turn out to be a quintuple post, but i'm on a roll here going down this "nobody in this league seems to understand the impact that a 60 game schedule had on SP" rabbit hole here. so let's keep going!

you describe Albies as ".159 BA Ozzie Albies." I describe him as a 23 year old All Star 2B who last year led the league in hits while scoring 102 runs and racking up 24 HR and 43 doubles, again, at the most shallow and weak position in fantasy. his value isn't going anywhere but up. now let's look at Grienke.

Zack Grienke is a 36 year-old SP on a team that can't score runs, and unlike Albies, who still has 20 games left to play, Grienke has already played more than 2/3 of his season. He's got 9 starts under his belt, and in his last four starts (so nearly half of his season to this point) he has an ERA of 5.09. LOL at you turning up your nose at Albies over a "era over 5" Zack Grienke.