2020 Tampa Bay Rays

Capn81

was just checking out the PR15 for funsies, and look what I saw:

81b23d4c8bd49efbb9f69fd5bcb87f32.jpg

I have three of the top 8 2B, including Ozzie Albies checking into at 11.20, tied for second best. Neato!

Then I decided to go check out the SP, and you'll never guess what I found:

e77a35717092e5d5800938307853c37a.jpg

I have four of the top 9! and that doesn't include #3 Kyle Hendricks (joining my team tomorrow) or #4 Trevor Bauer (just traded him away a week ago). How cool! But what I couldn't figure out was the omission of the greatest pitcher in baseball, Zack Grienke. I mean surely his PR15 was somewhere around it's normal 25.00, right? well, i kept scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and FINALLY i saw him!

0637abef6695c47fdac39ff6e3f1d1b7.jpg

he was all the way down at #87. but how could this be I asked myself? Zack Grienke makes Pedro Martinez look like Hideki Irabu, while Ozzie Albies makes Freddy Galvis look like Rod Carew. HOW CAN THIS BE???

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299xk058xbi9o73z73hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

You’re up 17

my team is ice cold and i could drop in a lot of categories over the next 4 days. it aint over by any means. especially with how hot derka's team is. me dropping plus him moving up the AVG and OPS categories is a recipe for an upset. ive done the math!

On 9/1/2020 at 1:06 AM, shadow_operative said:

how about $350/$150/$50 to make payment easier.

fawesome is going to win the title. congrats. your team has been dominant all season, and you pretty much ran through the league from beginning to end. 2020, amirite?

assuming i don't drop 17 points tomorrow, i am going to finish in second. bully for me. i'd like to thank UTPhil and his amazing reverse jinx powers. Ozzie Albies ftw.

either BO or NL will finish third, and will win the prize of not having to pay anybody. like my grandad used to say, "it's better than a kick."

now then, if fawesome doesn't mind, i'd like to take money from HG, Phil, and whatever the fuck hitby calls himself now, because we're special friends like that. those three can pay me, and the rest of the jabronis in this league can pay fawesome, and this blood soaked, nightmarish hellscape of a season can finally be put to rest. everyone cool with that?

• Like 2

fawesome is going to win the title. congrats. your team has been dominant all season, and you pretty much ran through the league from beginning to end. 2020, amirite?
assuming i don't drop 17 points tomorrow, i am going to finish in second. bully for me. i'd like to thank UTPhil and his amazing reverse jinx powers. Ozzie Albies ftw.
either BO or NL will finish third, and will win the prize of not having to pay anybody. like my grandad used to say, "it's better than a kick."
now then, if fawesome doesn't mind, i'd like to take money from HG, Phil, and whatever the fuck hitby calls himself now, because we're special friends like that. those three can pay me, and the rest of the jabronis in this league can pay fawesome, and this blood soaked, nightmarish hellscape of a season can finally be put to rest. everyone cool with that?

Still lots of baseball left. It ain’t over til Benji Molina sings.

That said, you gotta pick 2 of the 3 people mentioned if you finish 2nd. 6 people will pay 1st place. 2 will pay 2nd. And 3rd keeps his buyin.

Or you can still have 3 people pay you. You’ll just have to send your buyin to the 1st place winner.

Good luck tomorrow, gents! It’s been quite a ride.

man that was a close finish for 3rd. it was going back and forth all day. hitby almost came up clutch with his no pitching for 5 weeks strat 

good season everyone. 

@henrygandorf and @UTPhil2006 can venmo derka $50 each. I'm assuming you already know his venmo info?

@NorthLoop hung on to 3rd and his $50. congrats. 

everyone else can venmo me (@mikesaenz) or paypal (mike.saenz@gmail.com) me their $50 entry fee.