2020 Tampa Bay Rays

Capn81

9 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

who was the guy you picked up yesterday?  Dansby?  hes at 8 now.  if he finishes top 10 i will shit in my hat.

that's fine, because this is roto, not H2H. it's been 5 weeks since i made the trade offer, and everything that dansby has done in that time counts for the long haul, unlike in H2H. i think Giolito has 3 total games played since then, while Dansby has been hitting .350, scoring runs, and stealing bases. for the majority of the last 5 weeks i've had 10-11 points in R, HR, RBI, and SB. what has giolito done for huge? nothing. at some point y'all gotta realize that we aren't playing H2H this year. 

that's another thing about this crazy, fucked up, truncated, probably-not-gonna-finish-anyway season: we have doubled down on changing our league for 2020. not only is it roto this year, but it's a 60 game season with a very real possibility of never being completed. if you aren't at the top of the table and one of your good players gets sick, you may as well trade spam all of the top teams with offers for him, seeing as they can absorb the 2-3 week hit and you can't. it's an absolute sprint, as opposed to a 5 month marathon. plus you can be a little extra cavalier with your moves because of the time constraints (as evidenced by all of the high draft picks who are currently struggling and have been dropped).  shit is mad crazy yo. 

• Like 1