2020 Tampa Bay Rays

Capn81

so you're trading Tatis, and the best player you're getting back is a 2B who was added from FA two days ago. wow. i've never voted to veto a trade, but this is one is so lopsided it's tempting. you guys are never allowed to complain an offer i send again. christ. 

Did you actually look at the offer? Or are you just knocking it because I picked up the hottest fantasy player from free agency right after you dropped him?

yes i looked at the offers, it's absolute horseshit. the worst team in the league is giving the best team in the league Jose Altuve and Fernando Tatis for four absolute nobodies. Either Kenta Maeda or a 2B on a hot streak who you just added is the best that the shitass colliuding cheaters get back in return. like i seriously think y'all might be colluding. this trade is THAT one sided in your favor. y'all are up to something. 

Edited by shadow_operative

i've been doing fantasy baseball since 1995 and that is the single worst, most lopsided trade i've ever seen. like if y'all were actually colluding and one of you suggested this offer, id expect the other one of you tostart laughing and be like, "no, no, that's too obvious." and yet here we are.

if anyone out there wants Nelson Cruz or Trevor Bauer, just go add a couple middle relievers from the Phillies and send me an offer. 👌🏼 

•Jorge Polanco: currently ranked as the #17 SS according to the Player Rater, with a season PR of 4.02. Willie Adamis and Nico Goodrich are his closest counterparts. You could go find 5 different FA SS's who've been his equal thus far.

•Victor Robles- a career .258 hitter with no power who, despite playing 17 games already this season, is ranked #107 out of current OF on the Player Rater with a season score of -0.70. that's right: negative 0.70. There are literally dozens of OF you could add from FA who are superior to Robles who, in 65 PA this year has 1 HR, 3 R, 7 RBI, 0 SB. 

•Kenta Maeda- Good pitcher, known commodity, probably a solid #3 or #4 starter for a good fantasy staff, but he is currently pitching way over his head, and is not going to continue to have a 0.71 WHIP and 4.9 H/9 for the duration of this season. plus, he's literally going to make 7 or 8 total appearances the rest of the season. This is the best player you are giving up. 

•Brandon Lowe- has been on the FA market all year because until 8 days ago he wasn't anything special. i added him and tried to trade him for the likes of Brandon Workman and Trevor Gott, but no dice. There's a reason for that. 

Then you have Fernando Tatis. Season PR of 21.7. The next two guys on the PR (Trevor Story and Mookie Betts) check in at 14.23 and 14.12. Tatis isn't just the best player in fantasy baseball, he's like prime Earl Campbell playing Pop Warner. He's so far and away better than everyone else that it's laughable, as is this trade.

This shit has to be vetoed. period. it's a farce, and frankly, the only remotely

logical explanation is collusion. 

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i've been doing fantasy baseball since 1995 and that is the single worst, most lopsided trade i've ever seen. like if y'all were actually colluding and one of you suggested this offer, id expect the other one of you tostart laughing and be like, "no, no, that's too obvious." and yet here we are.

if anyone out there wants Nelson Cruz or Trevor Bauer, just go add a couple middle relievers from the Phillies and send me an offer. 👌🏼 

offer sent.

maybe i was overly sensitive as i saw this trade immediately after waking up. for the record, i am a super hardcore believer in the idea that the *only* reason you should ever veto a trade is collusion, so if you don't feel that collusion is taking place then i don't want you to veto it. and i will stand by whatever happens, which i suspect will be nothing. still, this trade stinks.

also, this is why I am incredulous when people act offended that I sent them an offer that they didn't like. people accept terrible offers all the time. this is one of those times. 

1 hour ago, huge said:

Feel free to veto it.

I thought it had Ketel Marte instead of Victor Robles. Previous versions had Marte.

I was over served.

I was wondering why you responded to both at the same time. I will veto this trade and send the offer with Marte for you to accept. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

maybe i was overly sensitive as i saw this trade immediately after waking up. for the record, i am a super hardcore believer in the idea that the *only* reason you should ever veto a trade is collusion, so if you don't feel that collusion is taking place then i don't want you to veto it. and i will stand by whatever happens, which i suspect will be nothing. still, this trade stinks.

also, this is why I am incredulous when people act offended that I sent them an offer that they didn't like. people accept terrible offers all the time. this is one of those times. 

Absolutely zero collusion took place. I inquired about Tatis and he replied back to my original offer asking if Lowe was able to be included. Then we took it from there. I swapped out Marte for Robles in the last offer I sent so I can see why he was confused at the end. I veto'd the trade and sent him the offer that included Marte. 

But for the record, i still dont think i gave up nothing. just because they arent sexy flashy names like trout or ramirez doesnt mean it was a shit offer. Maeda has been my second best pitcher all year. In a shortened season, this stuff matters more. 

lol @ all of you guys who come to the thread claiming to be interested in making a trade/needing to making a trade, only to be unwilling to part with any of your good players/unwilling to send a single counter offer. 

Are you not getting any of my feedback messages? I don’t have any interest in the guys you keep sending.

Just because I’m looking for trades doesn’t mean I’m interested in sending you my best player for a host of mediocre players. I’m currently at the top of the leaderboard. I need quality over quantity. If I was in scramble mode, I’d def be interested in quantity over quality to plug a bunch of holes.

Oh, and let's check out or my "host of mediocre players":

Javy Baez, Eddie Rosario, Brad Keller, and Fawesome's choice of Hanser Alberto or Mike Moustakas (both of whom are 2B/3B, one of whom hits .320, those other of whom mashes).

Fawesome isn't gonna give me Jose Ramirez and Freddy Peralta for those four mediocre players, yet he thinks (and huge agrees) that these four guys:

Victor Robles, Jorge Polanco, Brandon Lowe, Kenta Maeda, 

are worth Fernando Tatis and Jose Altuve. okie dokie Fawesome. That's Helobious levels of delusion. 

also, the way that you guys refuse to send any counters- what is up with that? you come to the thread, you say, "hey i'm looking for an OF and maybe a SS". three minutes later i've sent you five offers involving Baez and Rosario, and you don't even send a single counter.

so, why did you come to thread at all if you didn't actually want to get involved in any trade discussions? don't come running here asking your opponents to help you fill your roster holes if you don't even want to actually participate in the process. 

I don't have the time or energy to explain for the 3rd time how wrong you are but I'll give it a go. Again, I don't have 10 holes (plus my mom's) to fill. I was specifically looking for a quality upgrade over what I currently had. If you're in first place, you are looking for quality over quantity. If you are in the bottom half (like huge), you are willing to give up a top talent to get a host of upgrades across the board. I am sorry you are still butt hurt over that non-existent trade. 

Baez is hitting .189 and Rosario is hitting .228. So that doesn't upgrade me at either position. You want to talk Yelich? That's an upgrade I can get behind. But I have no interest in anyone you've offered so there isn't a point in wasting your time with a counteroffer. 

Any questions?

Edited by Fawesome

1 minute ago, Fawesome said:

Yo...what the fuck? I would have never veto'd my own trade if I knew you weren't going to accept the edited one. That's a super dick move. If this trade sticks, I am done with this league. Total bullshit move. 

I dont feel good about any of this.

But my team sucks and it was a better offer.

Just now, huge said:

I dont feel good about any of this.

But my team sucks and it was a better offer.

I don't care. You already accepted the trade and I thought I was doing you a favor since you thought Marte was involved. I would have left the original trade up and let it process if I knew you were going to pull this move.