2020 Tampa Bay Rays

Capn81

as an impartial asshole who hates all of you equally (or at least the 8 teams that are ahead of me in the standings), i agree with fawesome.

hugh's "overserved" post basically said "i thought it included marte because other offers did, but that's the one i wanted." 

i can only assume once it got veto'd, and nomaaa saw that tatis was on the block, he put a better deal together.  though that might be something that happens in real life sports, that's a bunk move in a fantasy league.

my vote is for the marte deal to be accepted and executed.  it was essentially agreed upon on both sides.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

as an impartial asshole who hates all of you equally (or at least the 8 teams that are ahead of me in the standings), i agree with fawesome.

hugh's "overserved" post basically said "i thought it included marte because other offers did, but that's the one i wanted." 

i can only assume once it got veto'd, and nomaaa saw that tatis was on the block, he put a better deal together.  though that might be something that happens in real life sports, that's a bunk move in a fantasy league.

my vote is for the marte deal to be accepted and executed.  it was essentially agreed upon on both sides.

yeah, this. i thought that's what was going down all along. the deal was done. 

13 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

I’ll do whatever. Huge had plenty of time to accept the marte deal. So I figured why not take a shot. 

Bunk move my ass. The marte deal is a garbage trade. My offer was at least not a fucking fleecing.  Y’all figure it out 

your deal was better.  you did nothing wrong.

10 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

I’ll do whatever. Huge had plenty of time to accept the marte deal. So I figured why not take a shot. 

Bunk move my ass. The marte deal is a garbage trade. My offer was at least not a fucking fleecing.  Y’all figure it out 

That's why its a bunk ass move, imo. Huge went dark on me and ignored my communication and then randomly accepts another deal for Tatis. Unfortunately, I can't make a ruling since I am involved. I'll leave it up to the league elders to decide whats the right course of action here. 

Again, I feel like I'm being punished for being the nice guy here. I could have absolutely been a dick and said "too bad so sad, you already accepted the deal". But I thought I was doing the right thing since he said he thought Marte was included. I understood how he made that mistake and tried to correct it. For him to go dark on me and then accept another deal feels very cheap to me. 

Im ok with whatever

Far be it from me to do anything other than what is right in front of my face while I deal with a fucking crazy housewife and we are trying to buy a house.

I accept whatever penance is in front of me next

2 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

I vote no trades at all. Start over. That marte deal is trash. I’ve said my piece. You can all go fuck yourselves right. Up. The. Asshole. 

YES

This is the butthurt NOMAA that everyone was hoping for!

Sorry buddy, come to Houston and I will give you a taste of Larue...

42 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

not everyone who's in this league posts here. the right thing to do is to uphold the original Marte deal. let's say that if no one vociferously opposes within 24 hr that the Marte deal goes through? does that suffice?

I disagree, Fawesome should have communicated better before vetoing the trade.

The original trade was never consummated, so it shouldn't even enter the discussion. What either of you *wanted* to do is irrelevant.

Huge accepted the other deal. He is not beholden to anyone.

I disagree, Fawesome should have communicated better before vetoing the trade.
The original trade was never consummated, so it shouldn't even enter the discussion. What either of you *wanted* to do is irrelevant.
Huge accepted the other deal. He is not beholden to anyone.

The original deal was consummated, albeit under the influence. So I used my powers to fix it. Again, bad on me for doing the right thing and submitting the proper deal he thought he accepted in the first place

not everyone who's in this league posts here. the right thing to do is to uphold the original Marte deal. let's say that if no one vociferously opposes within 24 hr that the Marte deal goes through? does that suffice?

Seems like this will piss the most people off. So I vote this.

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Have you read the fucking thread? I vociferously oppose. 

17 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

Hey derka. Fuck yourself. Those are terrible  fucking offers. You suck. Your offers suck. I’m not going to counter because fuck you. 

yeah well your opinion doesn't really count since you and your real-life buddy huge are the ones working together fucking over fawesome, so shut up. 

i just vetoed your trade with huge. you guys are literally colluding to fuck over fawesome. seriously stop with this bullshit. huge made a trade with fawesome and he doesn't get to go back on it. fawesome did huge a favor that he didn't have to do, and you guys turned around and fucked him for it. grow up, take a break from this thread, and never pull any shit like this ever again.

“Grow up.” Says the internet tough guy that can’t monitor himself enough to not get banned from a site that doesn’t ban people. 

Collusion is an aggressive accusation. Fuck you for even saying that. At no point did we collude. You want to come talk about it in person I’ll send you my address. 

fawesome and huge made a trade. period. that trade needs to go through immediately. all of this other nonsense is ridiculous. you guys aren't fucking children. when you make a trade with someone that trade is final. when you drunkenly make a terrible trade with someone and he does you the favor of improving said trade in the sober light of day, you don't go make a new trade with your buddy, you thank fawesome being so cool and accept the improved trade. christ, i cannot believe that i have to explain this to you. this is some serious fuckery from you two. and over what. fantasy baseball. ridiculous. 

i'm looking to trade bats for some pitching. here's what i have to offer:

i've got a couple of guys who are 2B/3B eligible:

1)Hanser Alberto, who is hitting over .300 with an OPS over .800 with the second most AB's league wide. If you need avg/ops at 2B/3B he's good.

2)Moustakas- we all know he mashes, and in that ball park in Cincy he's going to mash. so if you need power here, he's available.

finally, here are my OF:

Christian Yelich, Whit Merrifield, Luis Robert, Eddie Rosario, Teoscar Hernandez, Ian Happ, and Mark Canha.

all are available, and i obviously can't play all of them, so if you really do need OF help i have no problem giving up more than i get in return.  holler at me if you're interested. 

Edited by shadow_operative

My two cents after catching up on the clusterfuck - the Marte deal should be consummated. Still a terrible deal. 

I’m looking for Ks. Despite being in the basement all year, my team is showing life and has some real talent. I’ll look to make offers but feel free to shoot the my way. 

Derka - I need SP, not relievers, in exchange for Hader. 

3 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Y’all can push that one through. 

Also, HG, what was wrong with that trade?

seriously?

first of all, i don't need closers.  but putting that aside, let's say colome is better than pressly.  and let's say harper is better than blackmon.  (i would put both comps ~ equal, but whatever).  in no world am i paying trea turner for the privilege of that "upgrade".  over the past 3 weeks, turner is probably the best ss not named tatis.  or tim fucking anderson.

25 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

seriously?

first of all, i don't need closers.  but putting that aside, let's say colome is better than pressly.  and let's say harper is better than blackmon.  (i would put both comps ~ equal, but whatever).  in no world am i paying trea turner for the privilege of that "upgrade".  over the past 3 weeks, turner is probably the best ss not named tatis.  or tim fucking anderson.

I didn’t mean it like a histrionic 8 post tirade, I meant how could I improve it