Alright you boys, help me with understanding the male pedicure

So my baerber switched barber shops and I followed him to a new place in the Park Cities in DFW..  There is a woman who works there who the first time I went was doing manicures for one of the patrons.  Today as I was getting my hair cut I noticed she was giving a pedicure to an old fart -- fiddling with the nails and then messaging the guy's lower legs.

Any of you assholes get pedicures?  I'm thinking there probably a fair number of you that fall into the golfing/steam bath/message/pedicure take care of your precious  body 2%ers.  For me, my assumption is that I'm not going to be getting a pedicure until I am deep into the diabetus.  I've had one ingrown toenail about 20 years ago but they took care of it and I figure I'm keeping the old dogs relatively healthy without a gd pedicure.

I'm generally not a fan of anyone's feet other than my own and other than wanting to keep them dry when I've been in muddy conditions, I have never requested or offered foot message, although when in a pinch with a few select lady friends over the years , I'm the foot fucking master.

But in any case, what am I missing?  And is my WTF attitude deeply in the minority?

Dig the Andy Griffin reference. 

If I knew my chances of running into my ex wife and her friends were slim to none, I'd get my feet worked on regularly.  Theres no wtf about that shit, relaxing and helps keep the feet and hands pain free. 

• Like 1

Mostly just curious as to what percentage of men get these.  I don't doubt that there is benefit.  There would be a benefit from a good ear wax removal and temple message as well. 

One of the issues I think I have with it is the idea of having it done in a barber shop.  The idea of doing it in a place devoted to feet seems a bit more "normal" than mixing it with a bunch of old barbers. 

From scanning the googles, it looks like it is more popular among younger men, but still sub 25%.

One summer I was working at a greenhouse, and the heat and water cracked my feet up to feel like something a pit bull had been using for a chew toy.

Dude who'd been working there longer told me to get a pedicure. So I did. Healed my feet up pretty good.

Quitting the job at the greenhouse healed em up even better.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:30 PM, tantric superman said:

So my baerber switched barber shops and I followed him to a new place in the Park Cities in DFW..  There is a woman who works there who the first time I went was doing manicures for one of the patrons.  Today as I was getting my hair cut I noticed she was giving a pedicure to an old fart -- fiddling with the nails and then messaging the guy's lower legs.

Any of you assholes get pedicures?  I'm thinking there probably a fair number of you that fall into the golfing/steam bath/message/pedicure take care of your precious  body 2%ers.  For me, my assumption is that I'm not going to be getting a pedicure until I am deep into the diabetus.  I've had one ingrown toenail about 20 years ago but they took care of it and I figure I'm keeping the old dogs relatively healthy without a gd pedicure.

I'm generally not a fan of anyone's feet other than my own and other than wanting to keep them dry when I've been in muddy conditions, I have never requested or offered foot message, although when in a pinch with a few select lady friends over the years , I'm the foot fucking master.

But in any case, what am I missing?  And is my WTF attitude deeply in the minority?

23 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

*massage.

Geez.  C'mon.

22 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I'm using the french spelling.

spacer.png

On 1/25/2020 at 11:25 PM, Gil Bang said:

55f9ba13a42d9.image.jpg?resize=400,560

First thing I though of, too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Geez, I am starting to wonder if I am a phlegm sock after posting all those pics.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 8:30 PM, tantric superman said:

HP Village Barbers?

I get pedicures. A few months ago, my wife and I went to go get them together. There was this uber-metrosexual (or homosexual) dude getting one and he stares at me like I'm a martian. Then a scraggly millennial wanders in with his wife to get one. Then a sun-bleached Boomer with his wife. I don't know about you guys, but I've never liked cutting my nails. If I can pay a (usually) cute Vietnamese girl to give me a mani-pedi and soften the sandpaper feet my wife complains about, I'm cool with it.

It surprises me that some of the Surly top-1% that often castigate others to ask their husbands regarding routine home and car maintenance, pay others to perform a task as simple as trimming your nails. I mean, sure, you sometimes have a cute girl messing with your hands and feet, but I thought Surls only date 11s and marry 14s anyway.

I'm definitely in the pro camp, but also only do a few times a year.  For all the reasons already discussed, plus you're typically sitting in a nice massage chair.  Been known to go with my wife and bring in a bottle of wine or champagne, which adds another element of enjoyment.  Obviously barber shops that offer them likely provide beverages already.

parks and recreation treat yo self GIF

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, woohorn said:

Do the broads trim the hair on your toes? That might be worth it right there.

Guessing that a large percentage of posters can't reach their toes to trim toenails, so I am surprised that most here don't get regular pedicures.

Uh no.  Just use a razor, you lazy fuck. 

Though I'm sure they'd wax 'em if you ask? 

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Holy shit, I'm getting my first ever one right now.

If I knew it was this awesome I'd have started them 30 years ago.

Amazing. Just unreal.

I might mask up and get one this weekend too.  Been 3 months.

Pedicure rocks. Chick with big titties rubbing your feet and making them look nice? What’s not to love? 

2x per year and skip the clear coat nail polish. Got no time for that. 

Also, nose wax is very worth it. Especially with Austin’s year round allergy season