Family Heirlooms & Shit You Wont Ever Let Get Out Of Your Bloodline.

ROFL BOX

On 1/25/2020 at 9:49 PM, Post Oak said:

My grandfather's Navy medals from WWII.

My wife's dad has 2 old grandfather clocks.  One that predates America.  1750s-ish and one that was made in the early 1800s.  The oldest one is English and the younger one is German I believe.  He's got another wall clock that his grandfather bought when he survived WWI. 

All three of these are just amazing to look at and to think about what they've seen. Laughs and tears, parties and fights, new babies and wakes and everything in between.

The oldest one just got repaired in the last year so it should be good to go for a while but they're just like old men.  They're grumpy and irascible and sometimes they decide to keep time and sometimes they say fuck off and chime at random times.   I love them. 

My wife has 4 siblings so I'm not sure who is going to get what but I haven't been shy about letting everyone know my affection for them and that is be more than willing to cut a bitch if I had to.

Where did you get the repairs done? I've got one that needs to be checked and cleaned, and some minor wood work done.

Scared to death to let anyone touch it without knowing something about them.

Thanks...

• 1 month later...

My great-granddad was at one point the oldest practicing physician in Texas and we have his traveling kit that he used around the turn of the last century. 

During the war he did a lot of work for the Selective Service in Texas and received some civilian honors signed by FDR and also HST, those won’t be going anywhere. 

From my side, I have a hand-signed note from GHWB that is very personal— thanks for some work I did at a previous career and a note of congratulations on a (then) career accomplishment and transition. He was a prolific letter writer so they aren’t rare but I hope it’s something my kids and grandkids won’t let get away. 

• Hook 'Em 8