RIP Black Mamba: Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash CONFIRMED

BigDHornfan

13 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

That ABC reporter is going to face some serious backlash. 

Reporting from Little Rock, AR also. SMDH

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Eh. Even football wasnt cancelled after jfk died

And Pete Rozelle called that one of the biggest mistakes he made as NFL commissioner.

• Like 1

TMZ:

12:35 PM PT -- Kobe's daughter Gianna Maria -- aka GiGi -- was also on board the helicopter and died in the crash ... reps for Kobe tell TMZ Sports. She was 13.

We're told they were on their way to the Mamba Academy for a basketball practice when the crash occurred. The Academy is in nearby Thousand Oaks.

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

TMZ:

12:35 PM PT -- Kobe's daughter Gianna Maria -- aka GiGi -- was also on board the helicopter and died in the crash ... reps for Kobe tell TMZ Sports. She was 13.

We're told they were on their way to the Mamba Academy for a basketball practice when the crash occurred. The Academy is in nearby Thousand Oaks.

Just take the car. Damn. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

TMZ:

and it only gets worse. god my heart is aching right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Continental Op said:

Spare me the faux outrage.  This site is wall to wall gallows humor 24/7 and people here crack jokes  about people who weren't rapists dying all the time.  

Yeah, we need a list of who we're allowed to be snarky about when they die. If this had been just Rick Fox, there'd be a ton more jokes. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:

Spare me the faux outrage.  This site is wall to wall gallows humor 24/7 and people here crack jokes  about people who weren't rapists dying all the time.  

Cool. Enjoy dancing on his grave and probably his 13 year old daughter.

6 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I disliked Kobe Bryant only because he and that Laker team were so daunting that I feared them breaking my heart when the Spurs had to play them in a series. Going through his recent Twitter posts he was such a positive and thoughtful person.

My wolves were perennial 8 seeds and would always lose to the early 00 Lakers. He was just too good and when they needed a dagger, he would deliver. MJ style.

doesn't help when Shaq was unstoppable on the block

Man I held out hope for a long time after only seeing TMZ reporting it.    This is all kinds of fucked up.    He had issues but I really admired how he was with his daughter and standing up for the women's game.     My heart breaks for his wife and those 4 girls especially Gianna as she lost her father, her coach and number 1 fan.

Just now, d2o said:

Man I held out hope for a long time after only seeing TMZ reporting it.    This is all kinds of fucked up.    He had issues but I really admired how he was with his daughter and standing up for the women's game.     My heart breaks for his wife and those 4 girls especially Gianna as she lost her father, her coach and number 1 fan.

It seems as if Gianna has been confirmed on the helicopter at minimum. They were headed to Mamba academy for practice 

Just now, d2o said:

Gianna died too.

1 minute ago, d2o said:

It's being reported that Gianna was on the helicopter with him. 

1 minute ago, d2o said:

TMZ reported Gianna was in the helicopter and passed as well. Helicopter en route to her basketball practice.

TMZ's site may be going down but they reported it first, and correctly that he died and then reported it first that his daughter Gigi died in the helicopter with him.  They also did not report the Rick Fox news.  So while I understand the anger at TMZ's site being down, it is a sad reflection on our society they are doing journalism better than ABC News which reported on air that all four of his daughters died.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, d2o said:

tmz said gianna was on the chopper in their latest update

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Gianna died too.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

It seems as if Gianna has been confirmed on the helicopter at minimum. They were headed to Mamba academy for practice 

Everything I am seeing says Vanessa nor their daughters were on the chopper.   God I hope that is not true.

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’m the weird guy who doesn’t get any more emotional about celebrity deaths than any average Joe I hear about. Tragic no matter what.

i mean...if you didnt grow up watching basketball in the the past 3 decades, I can see why you would tell us about how you feel.

A lot of us have been invested in Kobes whole life since he joined the league at 17 YO, whether youre a laker hater or fan.

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

2 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’m the weird guy who doesn’t get any more emotional about celebrity deaths than any average Joe I hear about. Tragic no matter what.

Yeah, while I really hate this for his family and friends, when I saw a Special Report, as I tuned in a few minutes late for the Pro Bowl, I felt a little relieved that it was not something worse. 

• Like 1