RIP Black Mamba: Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash CONFIRMED

BigDHornfan

42 minutes ago, austingirl said:

If someone said to me, "Austingirl, give me the best example you can think of of the most Surly/Shaggy way to derail a thread," it would definitely be someone (presumably) accidentally posting a link to besthugecocks.com in a thread where everyone is mourning a beloved dead celebrity. 

Ya just cant write that kind of story, and have people believe it actually happened........ wait..

46 minutes ago, austingirl said:

If someone said to me, "Austingirl, give me the best example you can think of of the most Surly/Shaggy way to derail a thread," it would definitely be someone (presumably) accidentally posting a link to besthugecocks.com in a thread where everyone is mourning a beloved dead celebrity. 

Ya just cant write that kind of story, and have people believe it actually happened........ wait..

Edited by Onboard 2.0

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

My current girlfriend makes comments to me about wanting to use butt plugs and her dildo in my ass. I've had women in the past who were down to peg but I could never get up for that shit. Not going to hate on any man who does that shit. I mean it's not gay if it's a woman fucking you, right? 

Not sure “getting up” is a necessity. Maybe I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

This is a safe space. 

Yeah, I’m gonna have to go ahead and disagree with this

14 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

My buddy let his wife do this to him. Somehow her parents found out about it and the whole family now calls him Michelle to emasculate him. His name is Andrew. 

Pretty sure if I let my wife peg me, and her parents found out, I’d probably just give up. On everything.

• Like 2

NTSB Media Briefing by Jennifer Homendy from NTSB

* 2 Pratt & Whitney engines
* Asked public for photos of the weather in the area witness@ntsb.gov
* FBI there to help collect evidence, no criminal investigation.
* Circling was to wait for SVFR approval.
* Pilot requested flight following to Camarillo.
* Pilot told ATC he was climbing to avoid cloud layer, no reply after that.
* Last radar contact 9:45am [matches ADS-B]
* Another press briefing tomorrow.
* NTSB will be on scene for 5 days.

Q&A

* What is flight following? radar assistance for the flight.
* Debris field about 500-600 ft. Fuselage, main rotor, tail in separate places
* No black box, no CVR, no FDR. (not required)
* Only an ipad for flight planning.
* Impact crater is 1085 ft above sea level

Looks like the helicopter didn’t have a black box according to TMZ. 

4:40 PM PT -- The NTSB revealed the helicopter was not equipped with a black box, nor was it required to be. There was, however, an iPad on board used for flight itinerary, weather conditions and other flight elements that investigators will look at. The NTSB is also asking the public for photos of the weather in the area Sunday morning to determine flying conditions.

@Pasken  beat me to it. 

Edited by Telegraph_it

6 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Or vertigo. 

Ding. ding. ding. We have a winner.

PIC was flying special VFR with known IFR conditions surrounding the airspace he was transitioning through.

Unfortunately he flew into IMC conditions (with terrain) where there was no room for error or slow decision making (get on instruments and get altitude to clear obstructions). Most likely while trying to transition (if even time) to instrument flying, vertigo took hold. This, due to the affect on the inner ear, movements/corrections or what thought to be corrections, can cause great deviations in attitude and altitude fluctuations which could be the deviations shown in the graphs and the findings out now about airspeed and climb/descent readings.

At work at few years ago we reviewed a medical EMS crew that went into IMC conditions. A computer simulation was made of their flight and published for other carriers. Had I not viewed the recreation of their flight, I wouldn't have believed the altitude, attitude, and flight path that the crew went through while the pilot was trying to get control of his own equilibrium and being able to eventually interpret correctly the instrument readings. Then adjust to them to gain control of the aircraft.  The graph/charting simulation went on for minutes and the helo did everything but loops or barrel rolls. It almost flew upside down more than once. It was nauseating and very uncomfortable to watch. The only thing that saved the crew was that they had good altitude and very open terrain (Iowa or Indiana corn fields if my memory serves me right) when they flew into those IMC conditions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, austingirl said:

ANyone else remember the thread way back when someone's kid entered some website's contest where you posted a picture of a plant, and people could vote on best plant picture and the guy asked for shaggy's help with the voting, but someone else's picture of a bamboo plant was winning the vote, and lots of shagsters posted derogatory/profane comments on the bamboo picture and they ended up shutting down the contest because of it?  To me, that was peak Shaggy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

My daughter is 12 and plays fairly competitive basketball with a bunch of other sweet gals. I’ve coached a lot of them since they were babies and I love them all like my own daughters. This is the part that gets me the most. 

I got roped into coaching my daughter's team when she was about 8, and even though she was the worst basketball player I've ever seen, and even though there wasn't a single gotdam time they ran my awesome inbounds play correctly in a game all season even though we practiced it over and over every practice, I just loved every one of those girls and had a ton of fun with them.  

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

They did quash their beef and became friends again, and I’m glad because both were dominant players and cool individuals. I’m glad they got over their own egos before Kobe died. 

Oh sorry I saw the quoted “bury the beef” post and thought we were doing a @NowThis riff. Carry on.